ADVERTISEMENT

Democrats insist having to have an ID to vote is racist…except when you want to enter the Dem national convention

Savannah_Dawg

The Dawgfather
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Savannah, GA
Walls are racist and unAmerican except when they build an impenetrable wall around the Democrat national convention. Defund the police except when they are having the Democrat national convention. I have never seen more police in one location. Like I have always said Democrats would have no standards if not for double standards

Does everyone have a constituional right to attend the Democratic National Convention?
Is there a history of certain segments of the population being hindered to excercise their constitutional right to attend?
Is there a history of certain groups abusing restrictions to prevent would be attendees from attending?
Are there would be attendees who are not able to attend because economic issues have hindered them from securing the required credentials?
Is attending the DNC such a bedrock of our free society that it would be better to err on the side of less restrictions than more?

Does everyone have a constituional right to attend the Democratic National Convention?
Is there a history of certain segments of the population being hindered to excercise their constitutional right to attend?
Is there a history of certain groups abusing restrictions to prevent would be attendees from attending?
Are there would be attendees who are not able to attend because economic issues have hindered them from securing the required credentials?
Is attending the DNC such a bedrock of our free society that it would be better to err on the side of less restrictions than more?
Tom Cruise What GIF

I'm at work, so no crayons are available for me to draw you a picture. Let me try and explain.

You drew an equivalence between voting in a democratic process and attending the Democratic National Convention.
You suggested there was a sort of cognitive dissonance apparant in the democratic party requiring credentials to attend their convention but not advocating for credentials being required to vote.
Through a series of questions I attempted to bring you to a point of self awareness concerning your false equivalence.
You lacked the cognitive ability to track these thought processes.

Does everyone have a constituional right to attend the Democratic National Convention? No. But everyone does have a constitutional right to vote. A right they should be able to excersice regardless of economic restrictions.
Is there a history of certain segments of the population being hindered to excercise their constitutional right to attend? No. But there is absolutely a documented history of citizens being hindered in excersing their right to vote.
Is there a history of certain groups abusing restrictions to prevent would be attendees from attending? No. But again...this has happened with voting.
Are there would be attendees who are not able to attend because economic issues have hindered them from securing the required credentials? No...but again. Are you catching on?
Is attending the DNC such a bedrock of our free society that it would be better to err on the side of less restrictions than more? Again, no...but with voting...come on, think real hard and you will get it.

• Haha
Reactions: cherrydawg
I'm at work, so no crayons are available for me to draw you a picture. Let me try and explain.

You drew an equivalence between voting in a democratic process and attending the Democratic National Convention.
You suggested there was a sort of cognitive dissonance apparant in the democratic party requiring credentials to attend their convention but not advocating for credentials being required to vote.
Through a series of questions I attempted to bring you to a point of self awareness concerning your false equivalence.
I drew no equivalence between voting in a Democratic process and attending the DNC.

Also, you are literally one of the last people I would look to for self awareness . It is impossible for that to happen.

I still have no idea what your rambling post had to do with the OP.

Have a nice day.

Yeah, since its not EXACTLY the same, you can't make comparisons.
Judge Judy Eye Roll GIF

Reactions: Krowking123
Isn't a true believer supposed to have some sort of indwelling influence that manifest certain character traits in their life... IDK, traits like meekness, longsuffering? Thought I heard that somewhere.

Correct. He is called the Holy Spirit. The fruit of His presence is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. If you want to suggest I'm not a true believer because of a snarky chat comment, without knowing anything else about me, by all means go ahead.

Correct. He is called the Holy Spirit. The fruit of His presence is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. If you want to suggest I'm not a true believer because of a snarky chat comment, without knowing anything else about me, by all means go ahead.
Nope not at all... and I really dont mean it to be personal. I really didnt take your statement as that snarky and enjoy the banter. It is however, a constant frustration of mine that Christians completely throw their faith to the wind when it comes to politics.

Related / Unrelated... Fox News has more influence over a congregation than their elder board and preachers are usually held more accountable to whether they agree with Hannity than the Scripture. As Ole Spurgeon said, in most churches you only learn what paper the pastor subscribes too.

Nope not at all... and I really dont mean it to be personal. I really didnt take your statement as that snarky and enjoy the banter. It is however, a constant frustration of mine that Christians completely throw their faith to the wind when it comes to politics.

Related / Unrelated... Fox News has more influence over a congregation than their elder board and preachers are usually held more accountable to whether they agree with Hannity than the Scripture. As Ole Spurgeon said, in most churches you only learn what paper the pastor subscribes too.

Was absolutely just bantering.....and enjoy it as well.

I'll be back, more to add to this discussion

Does everyone have a constituional right to attend the Democratic National Convention? No. But everyone does have a constitutional right to vote. A right they should be able to excersice regardless of economic restrictions.
Is there a history of certain segments of the population being hindered to excercise their constitutional right to attend? No. But there is absolutely a documented history of citizens being hindered in excersing their right to vote.
Is there a history of certain groups abusing restrictions to prevent would be attendees from attending? No. But again...this has happened with voting.
Are there would be attendees who are not able to attend because economic issues have hindered them from securing the required credentials? No...but again. Are you catching on?
Is attending the DNC such a bedrock of our free society that it would be better to err on the side of less restrictions than more? Again, no...but with voting...come on, think real hard and you will get it.
No they don’t. Illegals, felons, under 18, non citizens. SMH. Dims have zero clue.
Further you can not prove your raciest statement that an American citizen is too poor to have an id. It’s just not true.

Last edited:
Reactions: SprayTanDawg
No they don’t. Illegals, felons, under 18, non citizens. SMH. Dims have zero clue.
Further you can not prove your raciest statement that an American citizen is too poor to have an id. It’s just not true.
Correct on the first point.

Also can tell you’ve never done any mission work in the inner city.

Reactions: celticdawg
Correct on the first point.

Also can tell you’ve never done any mission work in the inner city.
No sir but I have in the rural south. Have you ever done any mission work at all? Because if you think people are unable to get an id in this country you are living in a cave somewhere under a rock.

You do not know any person that is unable to get an id if they are a citizen. They would not be able to get their government benefits without one. So you can just stop with the “story” you are making up right now.

Walls are racist and unAmerican except when they build an impenetrable wall around the Democrat national convention. Defund the police except when they are having the Democrat national convention. I have never seen more police in one location. Like I have always said Democrats would have no standards if not for double standards
Such hypocrites!!!

The abandonment of faith in politics very much happens, on both sides. Both can say, "I dont see how you are a Christian and vote for Harris...or Trump".

I deal with lots of poor black folks in my business. Every single one has a picture ID. To say that poor people can't get ID is total BS. Plus it's racist to think that they are not capable of getting one.

No sir but I have in the rural south. Have you ever done any mission work at all? Because if you think people are unable to get an id in this country you are living in a cave somewhere under a rock.

You do not know any person that is unable to get an id if they are a citizen. They would not be able to get their government benefits without one. So you can just stop with the “story” you are making up right now.
You have no idea the life 18 year olds from the inner city walk into…. And yes I spent nearly ten years doing mission work in both Atlanta and Chicago.

Good luck getting a birth certificate from your mom, or any guidance on how to navigate the system.

As an aside…If you’re lucky you’ll start life without a tanked credit score and thousands in debt, because someone took out multiple credit cards in your name.

I don’t disagree that anyone can get an ID. Personally I think you should have to present one to vote.

But I also understand the other side of the argument. There is a significant portion of the population that absolutely has been disenfranchised before, and currently has limitations that make it hard to vote. And I don’t think Democrats are ill-intentioned in trying to protect their access to the ballot box.

It’s not hard to understand, and simply disagree without vilifying the other side. Not everything is black and white.

oh spare us. Democrats are dressed up as abortions and vasectomies at your convention today.

I’ve often seen this argument reversed when it comes to gun control. Some are so fearful that our 2nd amendment rights will be swept away that they oppose any gun control at all.

In a similar fashion, there are many who are fearful that our right to vote will be taken away so they oppose all voter control.

Again, don’t agree, but I get it. And they are my neighbors.

You lacked the cognitive ability to make your rambling make sense.
You need to step back reread what you posted. That is my suffestion.

I’ve often seen this argument reversed when it comes to gun control. Some are so fearful that our 2nd amendment rights will be swept away that they oppose any gun control at all.

In a similar fashion, there are many who are fearful that our right to vote will be taken away so they oppose all voter control.

Again, don’t agree, but I get it. And they are my neighbors.
Why do you let the fringe factor at all. Why give the people who make no sense the platform and parrot what they say. If it is baseless and meritless do not give it the time of day. Both are wrong and mentioning either of them brings nothing to the conversation. This is misguided or pure deflection.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
You have no idea the life 18 year olds from the inner city walk into…. And yes I spent nearly ten years doing mission work in both Atlanta and Chicago.

Good luck getting a birth certificate from your mom, or any guidance on how to navigate the system.

As an aside…If you’re lucky you’ll start life without a tanked credit score and thousands in debt, because someone took out multiple credit cards in your name.

I don’t disagree that anyone can get an ID. Personally I think you should have to present one to vote.

But I also understand the other side of the argument. There is a significant portion of the population that absolutely has been disenfranchised before, and currently has limitations that make it hard to vote. And I don’t think Democrats are ill-intentioned in trying to protect their access to the ballot box.

It’s not hard to understand, and simply disagree without vilifying the other side. Not everything is black and white.
They are not doing it the right way. You help them get the ID as this is best for them personally and also helps make the voting process safer and more secure. The current method of loose requirements helps no one other than those who want to cheat the system. Both sides have done it.

No sir, your position is part of the problem. Don't help the people get their life in order and an Id. The dim position is to tell them they are pitiful and can't be like everyone else so we will take care of you, thus keeping folks beat down.

They can absolutely get an id and it has to be a requirement to vote.

You are not helping people by telling them they can't do something.
Dim policies have kept poor people poor and on the plantation. Its how they control most of the poor vote. You should be ashamed.

Why do you let the fringe factor at all. Why give the people who make no sense the platform and parrot what they say. If it is baseless and meritless do not give it the time of day. Both are wrong and mentioning either of them brings nothing to the conversation. This is misguided or pure deflection.

No sir, your position is part of the problem. Don't help the people get their life in order and an Id. The dim position is to tell them they are pitiful and can't be like everyone else so we will take care of you, thus keeping folks beat down.

They can absolutely get an id and it has to be a requirement to vote.

You are not helping people by telling them they can't do something.
Dim policies have kept poor people poor and on the plantation. Its how they control most of the poor vote. You should be ashamed.
You should also be ashamed of just paying them 20.00 dollars for their vote in the last election. You guys know their vote was worth 50.00 dollars. Y’all gonna have to do better this election!

Reactions: SprayTanDawg

I know plenty that do not do that. Maybe you hang out in the wrong places.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
Some active military units are being sent to bases close to Chicago in case of riots. Interesting this is being considered after all the crying over violating Posse Comitatus during the Antifa/BLM riots and Looting in DC. Guess they are taking pointers from the 68 convention
636485117649750714-The-Greenville-News-Mon-Aug-26-1968-.jpg

We have IDs here in Korea. If you are a citizen you have an id and use it to vote. But trust me, the Republicans do not want that ID. They would fight it tooth and nail and the Democrats should want it. If I were them, I'd demand it if it were the exact same kind of ID.

Then enlighten us on what makes the ID so special and why you think one side would not want it?

Then enlighten us on what makes the ID so special and why you think one side would not want it?
You don't have to register to vote. Your card is your registration. And everyone is registered as soon as they are of age to vote. You are never dropped from voting registers for not voting. Kemp would not have been able to do what he did in 2018. The card is required and you have to renew every so often like a driver's license. If you move, you have a few months to go to the offices and get your new address put on it. If you don't, there is a fine. If they find out you voted in a district or place you aren't living in by not updating your address, it's a very heavy fine, maybe jail time and could lose your right to vote forever.

If I were the Democrats, I'd absolutely use the lies, conspiracy theories, etc. about voter fraud and "illegals" voting to my advantage to get this passed so there would be no more use of state law voter registration criteria to try and keep voters away.

Reactions: celticdawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT