ADVERTISEMENT

Democrats insist having to have an ID to vote is racist…except when you want to enter the Dem national convention

You don't have to register to vote. Your card is your registration. And everyone is registered as soon as they are of age to vote. You are never dropped from voting registers for not voting. Kemp would not have been able to do what he did in 2018. The card is required and you have to renew every so often like a driver's license. If you move, you have a few months to go to the offices and get your new address put on it. If you don't, there is a fine. If they find out you voted in a district or place you aren't living in by not updating your address, it's a very heavy fine, maybe jail time and could lose your right to vote forever.

If I were the Democrats, I'd absolutely use the lies, conspiracy theories, etc. about voter fraud and "illegals" voting to my advantage to get this passed so there would be no more use of state law voter registration criteria to try and keep voters away.
Does it make a difference whether you are a citizen or not? Can anyone get an ID?

Does it make a difference whether you are a citizen or not? Can anyone get an ID?
Well, everyone has to have an ID. Yes. Mine is an alien ID, and I can't vote. It's a completely different color, but all the information, picture on it, etc. is in the same spots. In Korea, any citizen has to have a card that says you are a citizen. Doesn't matter if you were born here or immigrated. My gut tells me that Republican politicians would not want this, but their base would. If I'm a Democrat, I'd be pushing it like crazy. You can't get a ballot without one. It's scanned or entered into the computer and it can't be used again. It's used for more things than just voting. You show it if you are stopped by police. If you are stopped by police driving, you'd have to show it with your DL. They have national health care insurance here, so you show it when you go to a doctor's office or hospital.

What Republicans want is to keep everything just like it is but add this on to it as another hurdle to cross before voting.

Well, everyone has to have an ID. Yes. Mine is an alien ID, and I can't vote. It's a completely different color, but all the information, picture on it, etc. is in the same spots. In Korea, any citizen has to have a card that says you are a citizen. Doesn't matter if you were born here or immigrated. My gut tells me that Republican politicians would not want this, but their base would. If I'm a Democrat, I'd be pushing it like crazy. You can't get a ballot without one. It's scanned or entered into the computer and it can't be used again. It's used for more things than just voting. You show it if you are stopped by police. If you are stopped by police driving, you'd have to show it with your DL. They have national health care insurance here, so you show it when you go to a doctor's office or hospital.

What Republicans want is to keep everything just like it is but add this on to it as another hurdle to cross before voting.
That is BS that republicans want to keep it like it is? The I do not know any who want to keep it like it is. You are getting bad info over there then. Search engines and algorithms screwing up what you are seeing.

I would definitely would like that system. I don’t think the democrats would because there are restrictions on being able to vote while in prison etc. A non Korean citizen has to wait 3 years to vote.

That is BS that republicans want to keep it like it is? The I do not know any who want to keep it like it is. You are getting bad info over there then. Search engines and algorithms screwing up what you are seeing.

I would definitely would like that system. I don’t think the democrats would because there are restrictions on being able to vote while in prison etc. A non Korean citizen has to wait 3 years to vote.
Republicans would definitely not want the states to give up their right to make laws about voter registration. I can guarantee that would not fly. I don't think you are understanding what I wrote. The Republicans would want to keep the right to decide who they can expel from voter roles (including inactive voters).

A non Korean citizen can't vote at the federal level at all. If you can show you can speak Korean well enough to have decent conversations and understand instructions well, etc, then you can apply for a type of visa that would allow you to vote in local elections.

Reactions: celticdawg
You don't have to register to vote. Your card is your registration. And everyone is registered as soon as they are of age to vote. You are never dropped from voting registers for not voting. Kemp would not have been able to do what he did in 2018. The card is required and you have to renew every so often like a driver's license. If you move, you have a few months to go to the offices and get your new address put on it. If you don't, there is a fine. If they find out you voted in a district or place you aren't living in by not updating your address, it's a very heavy fine, maybe jail time and could lose your right to vote forever.

If I were the Democrats, I'd absolutely use the lies, conspiracy theories, etc. about voter fraud and "illegals" voting to my advantage to get this passed so there would be no more use of state law voter registration criteria to try and keep voters away.
What a bunch of nonsense

• Haha
Reactions: celticdawg
The abandonment of faith in politics very much happens, on both sides. Both can say, "I dont see how you are a Christian and vote for Harris...or Trump".
Respectfully pastor both cannot say this.

One side of the aisle is an outspoken and open enemy of the church and the other is not.

One candidate supports unfettered access to murdering children one does not

One candidate supports unfettered mass immigration one does not.

One candidate supports unfettered sexual deviancy up to and including the mutilation of children one does not.

We could go on but there isn’t need to.

Voting for a democrat should get someone placed under church discipline.

Reactions: Savannah_Dawg
The abandonment of faith in politics very much happens, on both sides. Both can say, "I dont see how you are a Christian and vote for Harris...or Trump".
I will say this. Christians who are Republicans shouldn't have selected Trump in the primaries. There were plenty of candidates closer to Christian values there than Donald Trump.

Christians shouldn't be giddy about Trump being POTUS or saying such crazy stuff like "Best President of my lifetime." If a Christian believes abortion is the end all for them and they voted for others besides Trump in the primaries and hold their nose to vote for him as POTUS, I would say I could understand somewhat. Still kind of hard with the whole Nov. to Jan 2020-21 thing, but I'd say okay.

I hear a lot of Christians say "lesser of two evils". That's fine. But you don't celebrate evil. When you go to a rally and act like you've seen the closest thing to Jesus and you start talking about God's will and God's man and stuff, you're celebrating what you called evil.

I will say this. Christians who are Republicans shouldn't have selected Trump in the primaries. There were plenty of candidates closer to Christian values there than Donald Trump.

Christians shouldn't be giddy about Trump being POTUS or saying such crazy stuff like "Best President of my lifetime." If a Christian believes abortion is the end all for them and they voted for others besides Trump in the primaries and hold their nose to vote for him as POTUS, I would say I could understand somewhat. Still kind of hard with the whole Nov. to Jan 2020-21 thing, but I'd say okay.

I hear a lot of Christians say "lesser of two evils". That's fine. But you don't celebrate evil. When you go to a rally and act like you've seen the closest thing to Jesus and you start talking about God's will and God's man and stuff, you're celebrating what you called evil.
This. This over and over again.

S

seriously, what has he done that was Hitler-like?
Seriously? I wouldn't say he has, but there are some things that concern me and I get why others are concerned.

The cult like personality.
The populism and the mob.
The villifying of a particular race...again I'm not going to say he is there, but there are times I have thought he is close. When you blame all our crime and economic problems on an ethnic group coming up from the south, its concerning.
The Nationalism.
The infatuation with authoritarianism.

Most people on this board have said that as well.
Would much rather choose someone else. But that person would definitely no be Kamala Harris.

Exactly.
I didn't support Trump in the 2016 primary.
I didn't vote in the 2024 primary, because it was already a done deal.

It was going to be Trump or Clinton. I chose Trump.
It is going to be Trump or Harris. I choose Trump.

Exactly.
I didn't support Trump in the 2016 primary.
I didn't vote in the 2024 primary, because it was already a done deal.

It was going to be Trump or Clinton. I chose Trump.
It is going to be Trump or Harris. I choose Trump.
Ok... one more thing and then I'll stop beating the dead horse.

I get that... I get you feel you need to vote for Trump, but would there not be a moral obligation to come alsongside that vote and call out his nonsense. Otherwise you're just indentifying with it / supporting it / endorsing it.

And I dont mean to make this personal to you...should this not be the position of the right. We will vote for you, but we're also gonna call you out.

Seriously? I wouldn't say he has, but there are some things that concern me and I get why others are concerned.

The villifying of a particular race...again I'm not going to say he is there, but there are times I have thought he is close. When you blame all our crime and economic problems on an ethnic group coming up from the south, its concerning.
The Nationalism.
The infatuation with authoritarianism.
Heidi Klum Wow GIF by Lifetime

I get that... I get you feel you need to vote for Trump, but would there not be a moral obligation to come alsongside that vote and call out his nonsense. Otherwise you're just indentifying with it / supporting it / endorsing it.

And I dont mean to make this personal to you...should this not be the position of the right. We will vote for you, but we're also gonna call you out.

I think so, for those who feel like I do. I don't know about a moral obligation, but I think for the sake of consistency, yes. Maybe that's the same thing, just different terminology. And you may not have seen it, but I've done it numerous times here.

Reactions: ChoppedWood

The Nationalism.
The infatuation with authoritarians.
Those are reaches at best and to make that statement in general about anyone is not wise in my opinion. There things that I like that he has done and accomplished and there are things I do not like. He is not a person who I think I would want to be around and I am okay with that. He was President for 4 years and the country was doing well as a whole prior to COVID. I would agree with about 50% of his policies and I will like to take social media away from him if possible. Most presidents have a tremendous amount of baggage we do not see or do not hear about. Trump doesn’t care what most people think about him so he says what he thinks. That does not go well for a politician in most cases. You step on a lot of toes and piss people off. We need a big change in the direction of our government or we will be bankrupt and very vulnerable to our adversaries. That’s why a lot of people put up with his major flaws. Biden and Harris have major flaws as well but it seems there major flaws are more accepted by most of the left.
They are just as ugly if not more so. I think they are like a Trojan horse. They look and sound appealing in the surface but will rot you from within.

Those are reaches at best and to make that statement in general about anyone is not wise in my opinion. There things that I like that he has done and accomplished and there are things I do not like. He is not a person who I think I would want to be around and I am okay with that. He was President for 4 years and the country was doing well as a whole prior to COVID. I would agree with about 50% of his policies and I will like to take social media away from him if possible. Most presidents have a tremendous amount of baggage we do not see or do not hear about. Trump doesn’t care what most people think about him so he says what he thinks. That does not go well for a politician in most cases. You step on a lot of toes and piss people off. We need a big change in the direction of our government or we will be bankrupt and very vulnerable to our adversaries. That’s why a lot of people put up with his major flaws. Biden and Harris have major flaws as well but it seems there major flaws are more accepted by most of the left.
They are just as ugly if not more so. I think they are like a Trojan horse. They look and sound appealing in the surface but will rot you from within.
Ill have you know good sir, that Democrat flaws do not count, only Trumps/conservative flaws.

I saw a bunch of mental midgets screaming " We love Joe Biden " on Monday night , but they arent a cult, only the Trumpers.

The mob is so dangerous with the Dems that the Jewish groups have to hide in Chicago.

but ORANGE MAN HITLER !

Reactions: MassachusettsDawg
Most people on this board have said that as well.
Would much rather choose someone else. But that person would definitely no be Kamala Harris.
No. You celebrate it. And you can't win the nomination without evangelicals supporting him by large margin in the primaries.

We've had a self identified preacher on here say he was the only one that could win the election for goodness sakes. If you wanted someone else, you would have someone else. Maybe you voted for someone else in the primaries, but I guarantee you most chatters didn't.

He won the state of Georgia with 85% of the vote in the primary. Let's be real here Todd.

• Love
One of my favorite things, both here and the country at large, is "OMG the Democrats have to be the stupidest people on Earth," yet they very cleverly and deceitfully stole a freaking presidential election right out from under the nose of the supersmart, we're all in MENSA, Republican Party.

What a self-own. I mean just an all-timer.

No. You celebrate it. And you can't win the nomination without evangelicals supporting him by large margin in the primaries.

We've had a self identified preacher on here say he was the only one that could win the election for goodness sakes. If you wanted someone else, you would have someone else. Maybe you voted for someone else in the primaries, but I guarantee you most chatters didn't.

He won the state of Georgia with 85% of the vote in the primary. Let's be real here Todd.
Th

I have called out his non sense and I have seen others do the same. I rarely see the left call out the nonsense and absolute lunacy that party pushes with catering to all of the fringe groups.
One side mostly says anything but Trump and embraces views that are so destructive and crazy all the while pointing out Trumps flaws. I have said I wish both sides would point out the bad on their own side first and then discuss ways to make things better.
I see more on the right trying to do this but it doesn’t happen much on either side.
When you see something that is so off base or crazy it is hard to see or acknowledge your own flaws.

Th

I have called out his non sense and I have seen others do the same. I rarely see the left call out the nonsense and absolute lunacy that party pushes with catering to all of the fringe groups.
One side mostly says anything but Trump and embraces views that are so destructive and crazy all the while pointing out Trumps flaws. I have said I wish both sides would point out the bad on their own side first and then discuss ways to make things better.
I see more on the right trying to do this but it doesn’t happen much on either side.
When you see something that is so off base or crazy it is hard to see or acknowledge your own flaws.
But here’s the good news, Chicago: All across America, in big cities and small towns, away from all the noise, the ties that bind us together are still there. We still coach Little League and look out for our elderly neighbors. We still feed the hungry in churches and mosques and synagogues and temples. We share the same pride when our Olympic athletes compete for the gold. Because the vast majority of us do not want to live in a country that’s bitter and divided. We want something better. We want to be better. And the joy and the excitement that we’re seeing around this campaign tells us we’re not alone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT