ADVERTISEMENT

Do the blowouts get boring to you? I was asked this question by a Notre Dame fan/friend....

kckd

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2001
And said "No way. I prefer them a gazillion to one over a close win, and that's no matter the opponent."
The only thing I will say is I have less interest in the cupcake games and the Vandy game than in the Richt era. I usually wanted to see some explosive plays since we didn't see them as much in our regular games. And there was always a chance we could win convincingly and move up in the polls if others lost. That's hard to do when you are constantly top 5 and mostly no. 1 the past two plus seasons.
I was listening to a Kentucky podcast this week and they were surprised almost all of our fans stayed in the stands for the second half. I guess they don't know the why if they have never had the experience of winning nearly all of your games in this fashion, but man I savor every stinking touchdown and want the dawgs to look like the 85 Bears every time they take the field.
I heard Aaron Murray say before the season started that he wanted close games. It's better when Auburn-Georgia and Florida-Georgia are competitive. Have no idea why he would say that as a Dawg. At least he didn't say it about Tennessee, I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News