ADVERTISEMENT

Do they know people dont HAVE to shop at their store?

poorpreacher

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2003
So I'm in Athens today, and stopped by Target, to buy an electric razor. I usually don't do business with them, but I was close and decided to go in, for convenience.

I find the razors. As I'm looking, 2 young stock clerks are chatting, as they worked.

"Soooo, like, I'm sooo ready to GTFO"

As if the people around her don't know what that means.

I decided if the place was so bad, that she felt that way, that I'd leave too.

I know I'm old. But an employee saying they want to get the f out, where the customer can clearly hear it, is not a good sales technique

So I'm in Athens today, and stopped by Target, to buy an electric razor. I usually don't do business with them, but I was close and decided to go in, for convenience.

I find the razors. As I'm looking, 2 young stock clerks are chatting, as they worked.

"Soooo, like, I'm sooo ready to GTFO"

As if the people around her don't know what that means.

I decided if the place was so bad, that she felt that way, that I'd leave too.

I know I'm old. But an employee saying they want to get the f out, where the customer can clearly hear it, is not a good sales technique
They probably should GTFO, in the best interests of all concerned.

People like this have no real idea why people come to Target, or how it affects them, let alone sales. Its a major training and management issue that Target has allowed to continue for many years.

Target executives don't know why people come to Target, and have little idea of how it affects sales. They also tend to have very little idea of how customers make decisions in their store. Consultants once surveyed top level Target executives and asked, among other things, what percentage of people who enter the store make a purchase. As a group, they overestimated by nearly half.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT