ADVERTISEMENT

Don't tell me CBS golf coverage isn't in the tank for Eldrick Woods.

Telecast just came on and Jim Nance said, "Tiger at 7 with a 21 foot birdie putt....trying to get something going"

Tiger hit the putt and it rolled in. Nance, sounding like he may have wet himself exclaimed, "OH My GOODNESS..........Maybe"
I have to not watch golf on days like this. There are so many young golfers I like, not to mention Dawgs. You will see very little of them if Tiger makes the cut.

It's a simple matter of dollars and cents, when Tiger plays, the ratings are a lot higher.

Public wants to see him, so they show him, it's as simple as that.

It's a simple matter of dollars and cents, when Tiger plays, the ratings are a lot higher.

Public wants to see him, so they show him, it's as simple as that.
And it's also as simple as a helluva lot of fans like me changing the channel. Golf is killing itself. They need to study NASCAR. Young fans barely know who Tiger is.

Reactions: benchwarmerdawg
Telecast just came on and Jim Nance said, "Tiger at 7 with a 21 foot birdie putt....trying to get something going"

Tiger hit the putt and it rolled in. Nance, sounding like he may have wet himself exclaimed, "OH My GOODNESS..........Maybe"
They want Tiga back , been seeing Tont now for awhile , we will see

The PGA owes Tiger more than they can ever repay. He took the tour to a new height and the young guns have done a decent job of remaining there. But without Tiger, they would have nowhere near the success. I can't fault them for centering the broadcast on him when he's playing well...and he is.
He's within the possibility zone of winning a tournament this year.

Who did you want to watch this week? Ancer? The Kang? This tournament was a Who's Who of Who?

Who did you want to watch this week? Ancer? The Kang? This tournament was a Who's Who of Who?
This is true. Fowler, but he hasn't been playing real well. If Tiger couldn't win in that field, that doesn't portend particularly well. My complaint is in a tourney with top golfers and Tiger is 10 back, he's still all you see. His doing well last week sets up that scenario in Scotland in two weeks. I don't particularly mind him as a person. I like plenty of scuzzballs.

This is true. Fowler, but he hasn't been playing real well. If Tiger couldn't win in that field, that doesn't portend particularly well. My complaint is in a tourney with top golfers and Tiger is 10 back, he's still all you see. His doing well last week sets up that scenario in Scotland in two weeks. I don't particularly mind him as a person. I like plenty of scuzzballs.

No way anybody else, not Dustin Johnson, Rory, Day, nobody could shoot better than that -21 Molinari dished out. That was the best score in a tournament all year. Rickie Fowler.....lol.

No way anybody else, not Dustin Johnson, Rory, Day, nobody could shoot better than that -21 Molinari dished out. That was the best score in a tournament all year. Rickie Fowler.....lol.
We'll see how your man Tiger does against real competition. He's played well a few times this year, but nobody fears him anymore now that Doctor Feelgood, I mean Dr. Galea, is out of business. Tiger and A-Rod and many other greats paid him $5500 a visit for house calls. Doc Feelgood got busted smuggling HGH, but he only gave Tiger B12 shots.

We'll see how your man Tiger does against real competition. He's played well a few times this year, but nobody fears him anymore now that Doctor Feelgood, I mean Dr. Galea, is out of business. Tiger and A-Rod and many other greats paid him $5500 a visit for house calls. Doc Feelgood got busted smuggling HGH, but he only gave Tiger B12 shots.
HGH is readily available to anybody who wants it. I can get all I want and not pills either....we talking the pens.

What's your point? Tiger's doctor got jail time for smuggling it from Canada and it's specifically banned by USGA and PGA.
Then he's prolly not taking it anymore....him or Jason Day or Dustin Johnson or 5'7" Rory McElroy or any number of others.

What's your point? Tiger's doctor got jail time for smuggling it from Canada and it's specifically banned by USGA and PGA.
I really don't understand why anybody would bother to smuggle it in when you can go to you doctor and ask for it and get it. UCLA Medical Center hands it out like candy.

I'm sure he's not taking it anymore. Ain't won shit since he stopped either.
I have to differ. He still hits the ball 350yds....just not straight. The distance is not what is keeping him from winning....control of his tee shot is.

I really don't understand why anybody would bother to smuggle it in when you can go to you doctor and ask for it and get it. UCLA Medical Center hands it out like candy.
Man, you need to spend a few minutes on Google. It is a prescription drug which can not be handed out like candy in California. Prescribed, yes. Smuggling prescription drugs into the US is illegal. Man I have really hit a nerve here on the Tiger love. https://nuimagemedical.com/hgh/is-hgh-legal-2018

Reactions: JudgeLarryDawg
I have to differ. He still hits the ball 350yds....just not straight. The distance is not what is keeping him from winning....control of his tee shot is.
If you think HGH is only a means to achieve an unfair STRENGTH advantage, can you explain why it is banned by Federation Internationale des Echecs, otherwise known as The World Chess Federation? That's right, the shit is banned in championship CHESS matches, because it enhances endurance, which just might help a doping player on the back 9 on a hot day.

It's not so much Tiger love, but the just abject Tiger hate... When Tiger was juicing, right or wrong, it was not banned by the PGA...they told him 2 years before they finally banned it, and said they wanted to do it quietly with zero issues like baseball had when they finally banned the juice, then retroactively went after players (stupid move, btw).

Tiger hate is just like LeBron hate, or soccer hate, or Brady/Pats hate... the haters go out of their way to come up with the flimsiest threads of truth and blow it up to be the most hideous thing since Dr. Frankenstien created his monster. But we are all guilty of it. It does not, however, diminish a thing from what Tiger accomplished on the course. Did the HGH help him hit it farther, or more accurately? No way to tell, but we know it helped him recover faster, but it was also available to every other player on tour, as it was retroactively included in the PGA's testing from 2008, which was a joke to everyone on tour. But HGH specifically is not mentioned. Tiger was actually a proponent of more stringent testing than what the PGA put forward, but if you believe that Tiger stopped taking HGH in or around 2008, when testing began (again, no public test information to say whether Tiger was ever tested), he had his marital/private troubles starting in 2009, and golf injuries starting in 2011.

To me, it was just stupid of Tiger to take HGH as long-term effects, or having to come off of it, and how the body would respond, just weren't known back then. Now we know that stopping HGH causes big issues (and read the fine print on any testosterone you guys may be taking...and ween off of it slowly) and especially stopping it cold turkey can have a major effect on your body chemistry and ability of your body to produce the right balance of hormones during injuries, or to help prevent injuries when your body is being stressed. As hard as Tiger worked on his swing and body, the stopping of the HGH was a big issue for him. But, at the time, it was not illegal or against PGA or World Golf rules.

I say the same thing about baseball...MLB was too late, and too stupid to have testing built in from the 1980s when the Eastern Bloc Olympic athletes were heavily using and being on the forefront of PEDs. They, and every other governing sport had blinders on that their athletes wouldn't find ways to enhance performance. Baseball doubled down by one day announcing a ban and then retroactively targeting players. By then it was too late. The PGA was the same...in fact, before they put any testing in place in 2008, Tim finchem was on record not but a few months before saying they PGA didn't need to test, as it was stupid for any PGA member to do banned or illegal drugs... Didn't stop DJ and Andrew Kim from partying from dusk til dawn on Bolivian marching powder. But DJ's "suspension" and Andrew Kim's ban from the PGA sure stopped a lot of it.

It's not so much Tiger love, but the just abject Tiger hate... When Tiger was juicing, right or wrong, it was not banned by the PGA...they told him 2 years before they finally banned it, and said they wanted to do it quietly with zero issues like baseball had when they finally banned the juice, then retroactively went after players (stupid move, btw).

Tiger hate is just like LeBron hate, or soccer hate, or Brady/Pats hate... the haters go out of their way to come up with the flimsiest threads of truth and blow it up to be the most hideous thing since Dr. Frankenstien created his monster. But we are all guilty of it. It does not, however, diminish a thing from what Tiger accomplished on the course. Did the HGH help him hit it farther, or more accurately? No way to tell, but we know it helped him recover faster, but it was also available to every other player on tour, as it was retroactively included in the PGA's testing from 2008, which was a joke to everyone on tour. But HGH specifically is not mentioned. Tiger was actually a proponent of more stringent testing than what the PGA put forward, but if you believe that Tiger stopped taking HGH in or around 2008, when testing began (again, no public test information to say whether Tiger was ever tested), he had his marital/private troubles starting in 2009, and golf injuries starting in 2011.

To me, it was just stupid of Tiger to take HGH as long-term effects, or having to come off of it, and how the body would respond, just weren't known back then. Now we know that stopping HGH causes big issues (and read the fine print on any testosterone you guys may be taking...and ween off of it slowly) and especially stopping it cold turkey can have a major effect on your body chemistry and ability of your body to produce the right balance of hormones during injuries, or to help prevent injuries when your body is being stressed. As hard as Tiger worked on his swing and body, the stopping of the HGH was a big issue for him. But, at the time, it was not illegal or against PGA or World Golf rules.

I say the same thing about baseball...MLB was too late, and too stupid to have testing built in from the 1980s when the Eastern Bloc Olympic athletes were heavily using and being on the forefront of PEDs. They, and every other governing sport had blinders on that their athletes wouldn't find ways to enhance performance. Baseball doubled down by one day announcing a ban and then retroactively targeting players. By then it was too late. The PGA was the same...in fact, before they put any testing in place in 2008, Tim finchem was on record not but a few months before saying they PGA didn't need to test, as it was stupid for any PGA member to do banned or illegal drugs... Didn't stop DJ and Andrew Kim from partying from dusk til dawn on Bolivian marching powder. But DJ's "suspension" and Andrew Kim's ban from the PGA sure stopped a lot of it.
HGH has been banned since before 2008, but testing was ineffective. And I do not hate Tiger Woods. I hate not seeing the other golfers I love to watch. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/g...le-in-golfs-drug-testing-may-help-cheats.html

Last edited:

Tim Finchem is also on record saying on August 23, 2006 "taking any performance-enhancing drug is the same thing as kicking your ball in the rough." In other words, cheating.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT