ADVERTISEMENT

Dumb Question: Would we consider going ultimate small ball lineup going forward?

LordOfAllGooses

King Goose
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2020
Our team already plays small ball, but would we consider going ultimate small ball? KD is playing really good basketball right now. He's super mature in the way that he's one of the few players that doesn't force shots. It's gonna be hard to keep him off the bench. The (good) problem is that Kier and Fagan are playing really well right now as well. Fagan is shooting 64% over his last 4 games and Kier leads the SEC in steals.

From what I've seen, PJ Horne is not a great defender or rebounder, and he doesn't provide much offensively outside of 3 point shots. I hate that I have to rag on him after his moment the other night, but I'm just thinking aloud. Horne is listed at 6-6. Against certain teams, would this lineup be feasible?

Wheeler
KD
Fagan
Kier
Camara

I'm not sure there would be that much of a step down defensively, and we do a lot of switching on defense so we end up with our guards on big guys a lot anyways. And I honestly think Fagan and Kier with their verticals are better rebounders than Horne.

Rebounds per Game (per 40 minute stats)
Fagan- 8.3
KD- 6.6
Horne- 5.6
Kier- 4.9

I've always thought Horne would do best as a guy coming off the bench who can provide a spark with made threes. I was just wondering if Crean would consider trying putting this lineup out there when we are playing a team like Tennessee or Florida. Both of them play a 6-6 guy at the 4.

Sorry for what is probably a dumb post, but I hate that we have to leave one those guys on the bench.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News