ADVERTISEMENT

EA Sports has the Vols crying again......One thinks Urban M's offensive philosophy came from the game....

kckd

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2001
"It's not in the game" Vol:
EA sports is incredibly down on Tennessee to an extent that is hard to understand or justify in the new college football video game.

Tennessee gets an 83 overall on Offense and an 80 overall on Defense. They have Oklahoma (86), A&M (87), Ole Miss (88), LSU (90), Texas (92), Bama (92), and UGA (95) rated higher.

There is a ridiculous SIX WAY tie in the middle of the SEC with Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Kentucky, Missouri and Tennessee all rated 85 overall. The only teams rated lower are South Carolina (84) Miss St (80) and Vanderbilt (77).

Adult Vol: Good thing is that it's only a video game. Let's go prove em wrong on the field in the fall!

"This could affect our reputation as a college football juggernaut" Vol: Annoying that we’re going to have fans using these teams for at least 2 months before they adjust the ratings based on early results. Could affect the perception of the team for neutral fans.

"No worries" Vol:

I’m watching a guy video who’s doing Road to Glory and started out at Sam Houston and pretty much simmed the season since his character wasn’t a starter

Was surprised to see the top 25 at the end of his season. (They ended up no. 2 losing the national championship to NC State.

Unfortunately, EA Sports watches the games Vol:
Teams that are on the same level as Tenn (85) who I am fully confident that we have a better roster than:
-Florida. (2023 score: UF 29 UT 16)
-Kentucky. (2023 close win: UT 33 UK 27)
-Arkansas. (2020, last meeting, Arkansas wins 24-13)
-Auburn. (2020, last meeting, Auburn wins 30-17)

I'm not saying that Tennessee would absolutely beat these teams 100% of the time. But I know for a fact that Tennessee's roster is definitely deeper than/ has more impact players than most of these teams. That or Tennessee has beat these teams recently.

"Let's make fun of the guys that make this game that we're all obsessing over" Vol:
Fact is, the guys who write these programs live in their Momma's basement, so there is that.

Dad Vol: It’s a video game for crying out loud. A rating in a lame video game is nothing to even think about.

"Dad, you're such a dinosaur" Vol: Maybe this thread isn't for you then. Maybe it's for those of us who grew up playing this game year after year and have been waiting on a new version for over 10 years. Maybe it's for those of us who are mad that the team we're going to play with is going to put us at a big disadvantage, because we'll be damned if we use any other team than Tennessee. This game meant a lot to us growing up. I can't speak for others, but I had a rough upbringing. And I could always escape to my ps2 to play NCAA. I could distract myself from tough situations in my life with every new Road to Glory or Dynasty. Honestly, it's a big reason for why I love college football so much and I'm sure others feel the same. So the fact that it's coming back, is very exciting. We just wish that the team we cheer for/ will play with was rated at a level that they deserve.

Cheating Vol: Nothing to worry about. Once I replace the entire roster with 99 overall versions of me, I'll win the whole dang thing for UT.

"You know because recruiting is just made up as this video game" Vol: It’s funny that some of you saying “why does it matter? It’s a video game,” also care way too much about recruiting rankings. A kid drops 7 spots after committing to the Vols and you lose your minds.
"Kirby's gonna walk into every big time recruit's house with a copy of these team ratings. It's not fair." Vol: Recruiting is reality, and recruits are not going to be using Tennessee in online matches.

"The best coaches learn how to scheme from EA Sports" Vol: Urban Meyer based an offense on the earlier games and it turned into 2 national titles. These video games have influence beyond a small group of gamers, and are super popular among athletes. The Oregon offense in previous editions did a lot to promote their style of play and get attention that they otherwise would not have gotten.

"EA Sports hired Saban as a consultant" Vol: It matters to the recruit, especially if it affects his NIL potential. Seven spots really don't bother me but 27 spots do, dropping our QB from a 5* to a 4* with no reflection on his abilities, and curiously raising Bama's QB to a 5*. This is not a game to them.

"EA Sports is gonna be so embarrassed when we beat Kentucky" Vol: I want to continue saying this until hopefully it sticks: If they want to insult us, then it’s our duty to prove EA wrong and to remind them about it until they admit it. This video game helps with future recruiting as much as anything else. We can’t underestimate just how many young football players will be in love with these games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News