ADVERTISEMENT

Eating crow

DonutDawg

Vent Peacemaker
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2009
In light of @derekarnold13's witch hunt, I'm not going to be compelled to eat crow anymore on Beck & Bobo. I've done it many times already.

I've spent most of the season eating crow & admitting I was wrong about both of them, especially Beck. I've not only eaten crow, I've praised Carson over & over again. All of my criticism on Beck was basically in the offseason/preseason, but as soon as the season began I was pretty much on board. He continued to get better throughout the year.
He was excellent this season & I'm ecstatic he's back.

On Bobo, I've also eaten crow. He started off the first few games terribly, IMO, because he was treating Beck like a child. Once he took the training wheels off (or actually took the leash off) of Beck, the offense exploded. All he had to do was trust Beck.

That's what was so enraging/disappointing about the SECCG, Kirby & Bobo reverted back to the ball st/UT Martin/aub gameplan of protecting Carson & treating him like a child & went extremely conservative & soft. That's not Carson's fault, that's on the coaches.
I actually think that Kirby had a big hand in the ridiculous decision to give bama the win by playing scared & conservative, so I can't put that totally on Bobo.

Hopefully Bobo continues to get better as well. Like I said, he was great for most of the year. I just want to see our offense not go into its shell whenever Saban's old bitch ass face shows up on the opposing sideline. Maybe that's when Bobo needs to tell Kirby to eff off & stay away from the offense.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News