ADVERTISEMENT

Employment Law Attorney Advice

ChaseAtlAz

Daddy Fat Sack
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2018
Marietta, GA
TLDR: Company fired wife on maternity leave and replaced her with the lower paid employee the wife hired 1 week before birth. Never told that her performance was lacking.

I searched back through old threads and I think I know the answer, but need to know for sure.

My wife (Sr. Director at a startup) with 15 direct reports, hired a team lead a week before we had baby #3 in February. Due to go back Monday, but had a call yesterday with CEO and HR....she got let go. Company "interim promoted" her team lead hire while she was away, and now that person is taking over her role at a lower salary. Wife noticed the interim hire announcement on Slack a few weeks ago. Thought it was strange that the CEO (she reports to him) wouldn't let her know ahead of time instead of letting her find out on her own, but she didn't say anything.

Company is telling employees it was a mutual decision to split ways, but she got fired. She was the only one impacted, so it wasn't a RIF. I don't think she has any recourse other than suck it up and find a new role, but wanted to get an opinion. If I missed critical details, let me know. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Company based in Florida, but we are in GA. Under 50 employees. Also, if this finds someone knowledgeable of employment law, I have a few more details that may screw her over, even if she had a potential case to begin with.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News