ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN loves them some Angel Reese....

Double Deuce Dawg

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Oct 26, 2022
what is it about spoiled, ill-mannered, America-hating, pseudo-celebrity women athletes who whine about their self inflicted wounds that ESPN loves sooooooo much?

Every program I saw today on their network just went out of their way to kiss her ass and coddle that waste of human consumption so they could justify her, once again, shitty behavior after the game last night.

She's so brave.......🤮

College Hoops Basketball GIF by NCAA March Madness

what is it about spoiled, ill-mannered, America-hating, pseudo-celebrity women athletes who whine about their self inflicted wounds that ESPN loves sooooooo much?

Every program I saw today on their network just went out of their way to kiss her ass and coddle that waste of human consumption so they could justify her, once again, shitty behavior after the game last night.

She's so brave.......🤮

Caitlin should’ve just pointed to the scoreboard.

She plays women’s basketball, for gods sake. If she took real classes and studied, she’d make more money going to lsu’s engineering school, for a lot longer time. An acquaintance of mine went to lsu, became a civil engineer, and when he went there, his dorm was actually IN THE STADIUM!

I wish ESPN would quit trying to make women’s sports a thing.
Caitlin put on one of the best performances I’ve ever seen in basketball…..men or women.

Watched it with my daughter who is a college soccer player. I’ve always enjoyed women’s college/HS sports since I was a kid.

For the most part, I think women are more fundamentally sound than men and play the game the way it should be (BB/Softball/Soccer).

Thinks Caitlin is a great player, she reminds me of Pistol Pete.

I certainly don’t feel the way that you do, glad I watched it.

Caitlin put on one of the best performances I’ve ever seen in basketball…..men or women.

Watched it with my daughter who is a college soccer player. I’ve always enjoyed women’s college/HS sports since I was a kid.

For the most part, I think women are more fundamentally sound than men and play the game the way it should be (BB/Softball/Soccer).

Reminds me of a Futurama episode (not funny at all!)

Reminds me of a Futurama episode (not funny at all!)
Well, I laughed anyway. Nothing wrong with little levity or being frivolous about a subject.

I treat something like this much like I did with Sanford and Son or Archie Bunker. Thinks the world needs to laugh more about our differences rather than being offended.

Thank God we all are not alike.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: windowworksdawg

She's so brave.......🤮

I believe this is from last year during the title game that was one by LSU.

She is definitely still trashy for taunting her opponent.

Caitlin Clark is the best female basketball player I've ever seen, not that I'm an expert. Her range is absurd. She's got that smooth, lightning quick release like the NBA's greatest shooters almost all have. I say almost because Bird did not have that. They were just so afraid to let him get inside that it seemed like they figured their chances were better letting him shoot.

She's so brave.......🤮

The same amount of people would have watched the game if she wasn’t there.

Speaks volumes. She complains about the comments she wants.

She dresses to draw the attention she complains about yet speaks it constantly.

She talks about herself. Constantly

That’s BS on fundamentally sound and play a better game, or play it the way it should be played. Men’s sports constantly refine and improve the game, to its highest level. It’s improve or die. You can’t see that in football?

Also, no one asked for women’s hockey, of women’s cricket for that matter, played in completely empty stadiums.

Last edited:
That’s BS on fundamentally sound and play a better game, or play it the way it should be played. Men’s sports constantly refine and improve the game, to its highest level. It’s improve or die. You can’t see that in football?

Also, no one asked for women’s hockey, of women’s cricket for that matter, played in completely empty stadiums.
1) Said “for the most part”……not saying all.

2) Speaking of basketball, softball and soccer…..it was stated. No one mentioned football.

3) "Also, no one asked for women’s hockey, of women’s cricket for that matter, played in completely empty stadiums".....No one asked me either, wouldn't even watch the men's.

Could women compete with men??…”for the most part”, no. As men are bigger, stronger and faste. Again, “for the most part”. Hence, they play smarter IMO......"for the most part"

Grew up playing football, baseball and also ran track (thru HS & some college). I do have some perspective/understanding.

It’s an opinion, nothing more. Plenty more have said the same, wouldn't think it would be some sort of revelation. Not trying to offend you or anyone else’s manhood here. None of this certainly offends mine. It all has just been a long-time observation.

I appreciate and enjoy watching the women compete and will continue.

Last edited:

I think about this a lot. I'm quite happy that women's sports are gaining in popularity. I think Caitlin Clark deserves to be celebrated.

What annoys me is that almost every conversation is couched in terms of the patriarchy or "elevating women's sports" or showing that women are just as good as men. We saw this with the USWNT in soccer. Women's sports have purposefully made themselves political. We should watch because they're women. In fact, we should feel a moral obligation to watch because doing so gets us closer to gender "equality" - whatever that means. No wonder there is a counter-reaction.

Why can't we appreciate women without trying to compare them? Of course their sports are never going to be equal with men. They cannot run as fast, jump as high, or lift as much weight. But that doesn't mean they can't be compelling and worth supporting. Caitlin Clark is an incredible athlete, not just an incredible woman athlete.

One of the problems is that women want to have it both ways. They want to be treated like men but don't want the consequences. Angel Reese wants millions in NIL, wants to pose in SI's swimsuit edition, etc. - but then complains that she's been sexualized. She monetizes her status as the villain and then cries that people are mean to her. We'd rake a man over the coals if he behaved like this. Emmanuel Acho made this point on ESPN and got bashed on social media by women journos because he "didn't understand how his comments were shaped by racism and misogyny" or something like that. They've internalized a victim complex.

All that to say, the advocates of women's sports often make me NOT want to watch it.

I think about this a lot. I'm quite happy that women's sports are gaining in popularity. I think Caitlin Clark deserves to be celebrated.

What annoys me is that almost every conversation is couched in terms of the patriarchy or "elevating women's sports" or showing that women are just as good as men. We saw this with the USWNT in soccer. Women's sports have purposefully made themselves political. We should watch because they're women. In fact, we should feel a moral obligation to watch because doing so gets us closer to gender "equality" - whatever that means. No wonder there is a counter-reaction.

Why can't we appreciate women without trying to compare them? Of course their sports are never going to be equal with men. They cannot run as fast, jump as high, or lift as much weight. But that doesn't mean they can't be compelling and worth supporting. Caitlin Clark is an incredible athlete, not just an incredible woman athlete.

One of the problems is that women want to have it both ways. They want to be treated like men but don't want the consequences. Angel Reese wants millions in NIL, wants to pose in SI's swimsuit edition, etc. - but then complains that she's been sexualized. She monetizes her status as the villain and then cries that people are mean to her. We'd rake a man over the coals if he behaved like this. Emmanuel Acho made this point on ESPN and got bashed on social media by women journos because he "didn't understand how his comments were shaped by racism and misogyny" or something like that. They've internalized a victim complex.

All that to say, the advocates of women's sports often make me NOT want to watch it.

This is a GREAT post

Reactions: seatonsdawgs

Reasonably said, the biggest counter I have….is that all women are not like Angel Reese or want to be treated like men. There are always extremes, happens in men’s sports too.

Wife and both daughters grew up playing soccer, they also played in college. They certainly don’t like some of the stuff/antics you mentioned.

BTW, cool handle.

Last edited:
Sage Steele was also quoted saying her interview with Joe Biden was totally scripted. Numerous editing of the questions by many parties involved. She was told "not to deviate from the script!" Biden knew every question coming at him.

I pretty much agree with everything you say here.
Anybody who watches Caitlin Clark and does not appreciate her ability has a problem unrelated to basketball. Somebody on here said that Caitlin reminds them of Pistol Pete. I think that's what she is, a female Pistol Pete.

Angel speaks of her accomplishments in the first person,...she does not need help from anyone else,...she is so amazing,...and she is a victim also by receiving emails completely rude,....and she is sexualized by toxic males despite her daring lingerie in public photo shoots,..the world is mean and circling

Reactions: seatonsdawgs

Girls HS soccer is hard to watch.

Girls HS soccer is hard to watch.
I enjoyed watching it. My experience with it is coming to an end this season. My daughter graduates college in May. I loved coaching girls more than boys. It is much more personal. The matchups during the game can be so individualized. The speed is slower for sure. You have to handle girls different as a coach, but they are so coachable for the most part. More than boys. It took me a season to get used to it, but I would rather coach girls at this point.

Reactions: ClydeDawg
I enjoyed watching it. My experience with it is coming to an end this season. My daughter graduates college in May. I loved coaching girls more than boys. It is much more personal. The matchups during the game can be so individualized. The speed is slower for sure. You have to handle girls different as a coach, but they are so coachable for the most part. More than boys. It took me a season to get used to it, but I would rather coach girls at this point.
My youngest graduates in May also, going to miss watching her soccer games. Watched both of my girls from about 5 years of age all the way through college. It is basically year round it seems here in Saint Louis.

The girls/women are just as passionate about the game as the boys/men. Fun to watch.

Wife coached club teams and church league. It is a serious sport here and can get expensive. My wife also played through college. Oldest daughter teaches and coaches HS soccer.

I have definitely enjoyed it all and will miss going to my youngest college games.

Time flies, tons of great memories….

Last edited:
Angel speaks of her accomplishments in the first person,...she does not need help from anyone else,...she is so amazing,...and she is a victim also by receiving emails completely rude,....and she is sexualized by toxic males despite her daring lingerie in public photo shoots,..the world is mean and circling
Whoa, she posed for SI, didn’t she? In skimpy, to say the least, swimsuits. What did she think she was doing? She did that to herself.

My youngest graduates in May also, going to miss watching her soccer games. Watched both of my girls from about 5 years of age all the way through college. It is basically year round it seems here in Saint Louis.

The girls/women are just as passionate about the game as the boys/men. Fun to watch.

Wife coached club teams and church league. It is a serious sport here and can get expensive. My wife also played through college. I have definitely enjoyed it all and will miss going to my youngest college games.

Time flies, tons of great memories….
Same. I coached both of mine starting around 8-10. They both got a late start compared to what happens these days. They did club as well which was fun. My oldest stayed local which limited her chances to go somewhere big. My youngest traveled all over the place. Had some big offers but chose a small school she loved that she ironically went on a visit to with my oldest daughter as a tag along. Lots of ups and downs. Very sad it is ending. The assistant on her team is pretty sought after right now. If he gets a bigger job he said he would call her first to be his lead assistant. Not sure how I feel about that as a career for her, but flattering nonetheless

Reactions: Eastmandawg
ESPN is pushing women sports so bad they want men to play now. They can’t wait to broadcast the first trans women basketball game.

Reactions: SLC_Dawg

Pete had to play with a regulation ball that would sometime go down and come out. Women play with a kids' size ball that gives them a lot of room for error.

Pete had to play with a regulation ball that would sometime go down and come out. Women play with a kids' size ball that gives them more room for error.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT