ADVERTISEMENT

Explain to me to like I'm a child

Pine_Tree1

War Daddy
Gold Member
Jun 22, 2018
Is it possible for basic road construction in the US to be done in a matter of weeks instead of 6months-1+ year where rarely are any workers are actually seen on site & if they are, working/non-working ratio appears to be 1:10?

Reactions: WGrovedawg
Is it possible for basic road construction in the US to be done in a matter of weeks instead of 6months-1+ year where rarely are any workers are actually seen on site & if they are, working/non-working ratio appears to be 1:10?
Throw in the fact that so much of it is automated/mechanized now.

It is a nuance associated with private company profitability in the govt contracts world to renegotiate original terms with addendums,...

It's a way in which a savvy private company estimator can win a low bid offer for a given govt project (in this example roads) then add on extra costs/profits legally according to the way the contract was written, ..and in many instances those costs are added by issues such as conditions/weather/delays hindering the private company to do work in a seamless manner,..and in some nefarious instances, delays are exaggerated for profits by said private company

I have a cousin who retired from the GADOT. Many years ago when he was still working, he was in charge of a certain project that was taking forever. I saw him and asked him when the project was going to be completed. He responded, and I quote, “Hell, I don’t care if it ever gets finished.” Well, there’s your sign.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT