ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Note Few little items....

Anthony Dasher

Circle of Honor
Staff
Aug 29, 2007
Winterville, Georgia
Nothing earthshaking, but just wanted to pass along a few things after talking with a few folks this week, along with some personal thoughts on what we might see Saturday.

Not expecting to see Jalen Carter (ankle) or Smael Mondon (ankle) this week. No surprise there. Mondon is honestly not that far off, but imo, there's no need to put him back out there this weekend. Let him get 100 percent and be ready for Florida and from what I understand, that is the plan.

This moment, feeling the same as it pertains to AD Mitchell. Let him heal completely up and be ready for Florida.

Look for a lot of different receivers to rotate in and out Saturday. Vandy is dead last in pass defense (giving up 324 yards per game). Jackson Meeks, DeNylon Morrissette, Dillon Bell could all get extended looks. Coaches like what they see from the freshmen trio. Arian Smith should also get additional looks.

When the season is over, imo, look for Amarius Mims to be Georgia's "Most improved" offensive lineman. Today's his birthday, btw.

Coaches really excited by the steps Xavian Sorey is taking.

Defensive depth is really starting to come around. Folks can talk about who Georgia doesn't have, etc, etc, etc.. But as we've started to see, there's a number of guys who are really starting to show they've got what it takes to be solid contributors. Bear Alexander, Warren Brinson and Bill Norton on the DL, for example. I just mentioned Sorey ... Rian Davis last week.

Folks have asked why we haven't seen much of Tyrion Ingram-Dawkins recently. Told it's all about how you practice - simple as that.

Something you may not have noticed, but E.J. Lightsey has played in two games. Young man is lucky to be alive after being the victim of a shooting earlier this year.

Vandy quarterback AJ Swann will obviously be in the cross hairs of Georgia's defense, but it's an opportunity I'm told he's looking forward to. The White Ga native grew up a huge Bulldog fan and camped in Athens several times.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News