ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Note Few practice items

Anthony Dasher

Circle of Honor
Staff
Aug 29, 2007
Winterville, Georgia
Every year, there's a player in the spring that people like to say they're hearing "buzz" about. This year, that player is transfer wide receiver Dominic Lovett.
I've had no less than three people mention to me that the Missouri transfer has been "electric" in practice and extremely hard to cover. He also seems to be picking up the offense quickly, which bodes well for whoever plays quarterback.
Speaking of which, all three quarterbacks have had their positive moments, all three have had moments where they haven't looked so good. Gunner Stockton "can really move" though, I'm told.
Another wide receiver that's apparently gotten off to a good start is Arian Smith. Finally healthy, I'm told he's really taking a step forward in the development of his game.
Told RaRa Thomas had a better practice in pads on Saturday than he did on Thursday when they were still in helmets and shorts.
Told all the mid-year freshmen are struggling to a certain extent with the tempo, etc, some more than others. This obviously is not a shock as a Kirby Smart practice takes some getting used to.
There's good competition at tackle with Amarius Mims, Earnest Greene III and Austin Blaske the three names mentioned so far.
Brock Bowers is well, Brock Bowers. Enjoy him while he is here, folks.
Ladd McConkey continues to be solid. No word on the condition of his donkey.
Kamari Lassiter is assuming a lot of the leadership role in the secondary left by Christppher Smith. He's also playing very well.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News