ADVERTISEMENT

Few thoughts from Lexington...

Lurkin4aLivin

National Champion
Gold Member
Jul 3, 2012
I know the conversation has died down at this point, but first chance to post since watching the DVR. A few things stand out to me that might not have been obvious from TV.

First, the 55yd FG that UK hit to open the game was still early enough to get a liquor reaction from the crowd. Big enough play at just the right moment to capture momentum. It absolutely impacted the rest of the half.

To compound that, I don't know why we allow Stoops to control the pace of the game every time we play there. CKS always talks about UK physicality... is it a competitive thing to just slug it out? Does he have some kind of gentleman's agreement with his friend Mark? (kidding) I kept thinking hurry up offense, anything to get Beck to just react could have broken that.

Last thing is just seeing the impact of the hits from our defense. We were able to sit pretty close and there were multiple occasions where it looked and felt like witnessing an actual car crash. That said, there is really not a bad seat in Kroger Field and it was pretty awesome to see the Dawgs in a smaller environment with that kind of crowd energy and spotlight.

Overall great game to have been at, and my oldest son's very first. UK fans have always been really cool. Highly recommend the trip to anyone considering it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.