ADVERTISEMENT

Food for thought...

I'm actually doing really well outside of my frustration at our political system. I start my training for a 50 mile race Tuesday. My life has honestly never been better. I just think our government is broken. Maybe beyond repair.
Running or cycling?

So if I'm understanding you correctly, the pols you expect to rescue us from "Trumpism" are literally the same group of people that have created the toxic political environment.
no, I think we have to rescue ourselves. I think I put a caveat in there about the DNC.

You are correct that politics has always been a full contact sport - especially in America.

On the rest of it: I am not going to get into a debate about policy starting from false premises. You vote for Trump. It's what you want to do and no one here is trying to change your mind, since this forum isn't particularly useful for that.

Of course will. Why on earth would he feel the need to do so? How many times had he been investigated and threatened up to that point. You and nice can’t have it both ways. You can’t claim he is a demon and think what your side has done to try to get him is also all on the up and up. It has already been proven otherwise. Throughout his Democrat life, where he was above the law due to large donations to the right people, he has done ridiculous things. I don’t like hearing him talk even. The dictator comment for me just drives me nuts. He was asked that so he could back off of the troll job he has done. What does he do. Double down. Instead it has been used against him as nauseum. When he was referring to day one executive orders. Anyone with a brain can comprehend that, but you aren’t dealing with smart voters out there. Especially the ones you are trying to turn. Just look at the ad play on this if you disagree.

This whole thing was set in motion when she was asked to come forward. That is the dirty truth. I don’t blame you both for deflecting that line of thinking. It is ugly. Doesn’t mean it isn’t the truth. Neither one of you have denied it as a fact. Because you both know that is what happened. lol.

The politics are becoming so ugly on both sides. What is important is being lost. It takes away from what needs to be done. Haven’t seen an ad yet that mentions any actual policy issues or fixes offered. I am put out with all of it.
While there is much in this post that I take issue with, the idea that it’s Biden who is appealing to unintelligent voters is the most entertaining. Those with four year degree skew heavily towards Biden (about 56% to 44%) and people with some form of postgraduate degree support Biden by even more.

The core Trump base is made up significantly of people with a high school degree or less, where Trump leads 54% to 34%.

This is exemplified by the stupidity of some of the lies that Trump tells. He can’t testify in his trial because of the gag order? You have to be an idiot to believe that and many of the other lies he tells regularly.

Regarding Trump’s protected status in NY, Rudy was the DA for much of Trump’s heyday in NY. Was Rudy protecting the Dems while serving as a Republican DA with national aspirations?

I don’t doubt that Stormy was pushed into coming forward again. So what. Linda Tripp played a huge role in the Lewinsky scandal and she clearly had partisan motives in doing it. It may be dirty, but it is legal, unlike much of Trump’s conduct.

• Haha
Reactions: cherrydawg
Running or cycling?
You know, didn’t even think to ask that, just presumed he meant running….as that is what I was speaking of during our exchange.

Never met/known anyone that has ran in a 50 mile race, but plenty that have completed a marathon.

As mentioned prior, a half of a marathon was enough for me.

While there is much in this post that I take issue with, the idea that it’s Biden who is appealing to unintelligent voters is the most entertaining. Those with four year degree skew heavily towards Biden (about 56% to 44%) and people with some form of postgraduate degree support Biden by even more.

The core Trump base is made up significantly of people with a high school degree or less, where Trump leads 54% to 34%.

This is exemplified by the stupidity of some of the lies that Trump tells. He can’t testify in his trial because of the gag order? You have to be an idiot to believe that and many of the other lies he tells regularly.

Regarding Trump’s protected status in NY, Rudy was the DA for much of Trump’s heyday in NY. Was Rudy protecting the Dems while serving as a Republican DA with national aspirations?

I don’t doubt that Stormy was pushed into coming forward again. So what. Linda Tripp played a huge role in the Lewinsky scandal and she clearly had partisan motives in doing it. It may be dirty, but it is legal, unlike much of Trump’s conduct.
First off. I consider you a smart guy. Your politics are jacked up, but I enjoy the back and forth.

Yet you did exactly what I am talking about. Took something I posted out of context and ran with it. I said the ads aren’t geared toward smart voters. (It is the stupid/uneducated voters they are trying to turn)I didn’t say all Biden voters are stupid. Or that Trump voters are smarter. Unless you can’t see that what he said about being a dictator wasn’t taken out of context. Or the bleach comment in the ad. I know you are definitely smarter than that. But even smart voters aren’t into politics. Hell most of them are probably smart enough to avoid being too involved. These ads are geared towards people who don’t pay attention. Uneducated politically.

If you don’t think Trump was protected by donation I don’t know what to tell you. Even he told you this. Dave Chappell told you this. Anyone listening could tell you this. He didn’t just give to democrats either. He gave most of his early money to them but he gave to well placed pubs too.

Ironically the next day he corrected the gag order claim. But don’t let that stop you. He also may still be under the gag order claim, which is so normal will after the verdict. Happens all the time speaking of gag orders. I talked to an immigrant five minutes before typing this. Hilarious his view point. How can anyone not see what is happening. While his daughter complained about her thirty percent interest rate on her credit card.

At least when it comes to context you guys are consistent. I appreciate you admitting it was a set up from the start. I guess we will see how far this all ends up going.

Last edited:

What I have seen posted on this board the last few days tells me a ton about what is happening out there. Easy just claimed to be an independent. Kckd said policy doesn’t matter. Just voting against Trump. Who cares otherwise. They are embarrassed to be linked with what the Democrat party stands for. Or they wouldn’t be afraid to defend it. I think anyone else (candidate)would have rolled over Biden like a tidal wave. But these type feelings actually give me some hope for the future. Lord easy was calling us all hillbillies a year ago. Now he claims his views don’t align with the Democratic Party. Shocked everyone here.

Voting for fear of losing benefits or just against Trump will come to an end soon enough. Interesting changes. That same immigrant (owns a successful business too) next door hated Trump in 2016. He is what the American dream is all about. All thru legal channels and he has kicked ass since he got over here.

Last edited:

More proof that colleges no longer educate but rather indoctrinate. If someone is stupid enough to think bidens policies are good for America, they should sue their university for a refund. SMH NOT many think biden wins on policy. Your teams whole ploy is to cast Trump as an evil dictator that will throw everyone that disagrees with him in jail while simultaneously trying to throw him in jail. Yall are a hoot. To bad it is such a serious matter with the life of a nation on the line or a great comedy about democrat twisting turning lies and hypocrisy could be made.

I told everyone in 2020 to go to bidens website and read what he was promoting. That alone should have been enough to give trump a landslide victory. But no, the woke left is only worried about 2 or 3 things, 1. hate for trump, 2.abiltiy to murder babies, 3. perverted serx. Oh, and also FUNDAMENTALLY DESTROYING AMERICA.

Now will, go get some far left site to quote telling us all how great the world is because of pedo bidens policies. LMBO Only the indoctrinated self loathing types believe that propaganda.

PS Only liberals consider those with degrees in queer studies and how to end the white male as actually college educated. Take out those types and I bet the split is a lot closer if not right leaning. I know lots of folks with advanced degrees and 98% of them are not voting for the dunce and his far left policies in 2024.

Last edited:
McCarthy laments the deterioration of the rule of law and attributes that primarily to progressives. That’s why Trump’s contribution to that degradation is highly relevant to the discussion.

In addition, his piece is both highly dramatic (his “friends on the verge of weeping” sounds very Trumpian) and he makes statements of fact regarding Bragg’s thought process and demeanor that he can’t know or even support (Bragg didn’t bring the case initially because the case was so weak it was beneath him).

He characterized fraudulent bookkeeping as “funky”. That’s a funny word for fraudulent. He claims Bragg remained cagey about the underlying charges. That’s a lie. He claims Merchan was blatantly conflicted, which is also a lie. Judges are free to contribute to political campaigns and my understanding is that he made a $20 donation, $15 of which went to Biden. That’s not a conflict. If the argument is regarding his daughter, that’s also not a conflict and if it is than at least Thomas and probably Alito need to recuse themselves from the Trump cases before the SCOTUS.

If the facts are so compelling in Trump’s defense, why tell so many lies about the case, about the gag order, about testimony and so many other aspects of the case. Just focus on the facts, which Trump and right wing media has not done at all.

Regarding the other indictments, I guess we will see how those play out. Take a few minutes and read a few of the fake elector indictments. They outline a compelling case against the defendants.
Any other crazy observations you can share about this mess. You just throw stuff up against the wall to get it to stick. You say anything to justify this farce of a trial man people can see through your and the rest of you libs on this board. Anyone that justifies Biden as President has to be something wrong up stairs with you people.

Well, I'd start by getting corporate money out of politics. Ban both PACs and Super PACs. And make only the original $2,500 limit per election, $5,000 if you have both the general and primary by citizens and not corporations for donations. If I had the power to change anything it would be that
That would be nice. I think term limits for house and senate are the most important. Then representatives could make decisions with out thinking of being re-elected.

All it is, is getting better one mile at a time. The training for me is the best part. Hitting those 6 mile a day on the trails in the summer heat toughens you up more than most things. Both mentally and physically
Good luck to you. My knees hurt just thinking about it.

Reactions: Utley1992
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT