ADVERTISEMENT

For those who might be familiar with Wake Forest, why do they have attendance issues?

WRDefenderDog

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Jul 18, 2009
North Augusta, SC
I understand the school is small enrollment-wise but they have a decent-sized area to draw from. They keep referring to fans being let down previously but if you love hoops a good matchup on Saturday would bring you back for entertainment value alone.

8,355 to see Notre Dame on a Saturday

Winston Salem Journal: Deacons delight in clutch victory

Did we not just play the top three teams in the league in a row?” Coach Steve Forbes said. “We lost by four, two and (then) won. Small margin of error in any of those games.”

Amid all this, Forbes said he liked best a play that set up Isaiah Mucius for a late-game 3-point basket with the Irish trailing by two.

“What a great play to have the leading scorer in the ACC — when it’s game time — throw it out to Isaiah Mucius, trusting him that he’s going to make a 3 and he made a 3,” Forbes said. “That’s being a team.”

Those were the types of sequences that thrilled most of the gathering of 8,355. It was a crowd that showered the Deacons with appreciation.

“I think that was easily one of the best crowds we’ve had here this year,” LaRavia said. “It was a great atmosphere. They really showed out for us.”

“I think they helped us a lot down the stretch,” Forbes said.

It’s guaranteed that the Deacons will be above .500 in ACC play for the first time in 12 years, but they’re looking for more.

https://journalnow.com/sports/colle...d877e384-91d1-11ec-ac5f-977e114d5772.amp.html

Wake Forest in the thick of the ACC men's basketball race, but fans have been slow in coming to Joel Coliseum​

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News