ADVERTISEMENT

Fraud/identity theft help needed...

DawglegrightinSC

National Champion
Gold Member
Jun 9, 2018
Spartanburg SC
www.amrecycling.com
Got a call this morning from US Border patrol. She gave me her name, badge and a case number. Apparently someone using my name has several houses bought in my name in Texas. They have intercepted packages addressed to my home that contain drugs, CCs and cash. She gave me this government site to verify who she is:

Then told me to look up the US Marshall district office in Texas that would be calling me from this site that looks legit:

Anyone experienced this or have an idea if this could be real? Sounds too far fetched to be real but I also don't want Marshalls at my door.

• Angry
Reactions: deadduckdawg
First thing to do is to call a legit federal agency, FBI, or other and VERIFY that she is who she said she is. Next is to contact her supervisors. Sounds like a scam.

Did she give you a phone number?

Last edited:
Got a call this morning from US Border patrol. She gave me her name, badge and a case number. Apparently someone using my name has several houses bought in my name in Texas. They have intercepted packages addressed to my home that contain drugs, CCs and cash. She gave me this government site to verify who she is:

Then told me to look up the US Marshall district office in Texas that would be calling me from this site that looks legit:

Anyone experienced this or have an idea if this could be real? Sounds too far fetched to be real but I also don't want Marshalls at my door.
Sounds like a scam, agree with the poster below. Find a legitimate number for Texas and call to verify. The link that you posted is for middle Alabama.

Hire an agent, sell the houses, take a vacation, buy NVDA.

First thing to do is to call a legit federal agency, FBI, or other and VERIFY that she is who she said she is. Next is to contact her supervisors. Sounds like a scam.

Did she give you a phone number?
this is terrible advice!! OP, give her your credit card number so she can purchase protection for you, bank account and routing information would expedite (instead of a credit card company middle man)

this is terrible advice!! OP, give her your credit card number so she can purchase protection for you, bank account and routing information would expedite (instead of a credit card company middle man)
No Way Cat GIF

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT