ADVERTISEMENT

FYI ND

andrewdc07

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Nov 3, 2015
LaGrange, GA
Heads up.
Just received the following from one of my military brothers in DC. Please be advised, within 48-72 hours the president will evoke what is called the Stafford act. Just got off the phone with some of my military friends in DC who got out of a 2 hour briefing. The president will order a two week mandatory quarantine for the nation. Make sure you have enough supplies to last 2 weeks. Be vigilant out there.

@Inholland1 wanted me to forward this to everyone.

Heads up.
Just received the following from one of my military brothers in DC. Please be advised, within 48-72 hours the president will evoke what is called the Stafford act. Just got off the phone with some of my military friends in DC who got out of a 2 hour briefing. The president will order a two week mandatory quarantine for the nation. Make sure you have enough supplies to last 2 weeks. Be vigilant out there.

Now who is overreacting? From hoax to everyone stays home through force of law? Enforced by the police and Nat'l Guard, I presume?

Reactions: SmyrnaGaDawg
Heads up.

Wasn't the Stafford Act put into effect on Friday when Trump ordered a National Emergency?

Heads up.

Yeah...that’s not how that works

Heads up.

Just just heard the same thing.

Just passing along what I hear to try and help everyone out. Just talked with someone from Target whose husband is at Moody. It's not a self quarantine but it's two weeks off work so basically nowhere to go. The CEO of target was at the conference at the White House. My wife is HRBP at the Target DC. The Moody Base Commander has already told his staff, they are on mission essential personnel only. They have to be within 1 hr of Valdosta at all times in case they are needed for an emergency. You can leave the house but there is nowhere to go with everything supposed to be shutting down. Just passing along what I was told trying to give everyone a heads up. CDC just put out a recommendation for no more than 50 people at a gathering for 8 weeks. I guess we will see how this turns out. Say a prayer for everyone involved. My little brother is an ER Nurse and helped with a case yesterday. Thanks guys.

Heads up.

He is right

Although I think the Stafford act has already been invoked and it doesn’t mean a quarantine
It has been enacted, the main purpose is for Federal Funding. Trying to get clarity from all parties. More than likely it’s sounding like two weeks off of work for non essential personnel. I’m not familiar with all the lingo so bear with me.

Reactions: rjschnizler
Just passing along what I hear to try and help everyone out. Just talked with someone from Target whose husband is at Moody. It's not a self quarantine but it's two weeks off work so basically nowhere to go. The CEO of target was at the conference at the White House. My wife is HRBP at the Target DC. The Moody Base Commander has already told his staff, they are on mission essential personnel only. They have to be within 1 hr of Valdosta at all times in case they are needed for an emergency. You can leave the house but there is nowhere to go with everything supposed to be shutting down. Just passing along what I was told trying to give everyone a heads up. CDC just put out a recommendation for no more than 50 people at a gathering for 8 weeks. I guess we will see how this turns out. Say a prayer for everyone involved. My little brother is an ER Nurse and helped with a case yesterday. Thanks guys.
What do you mean "everything shutting down"? grocery stores, airports, everything?

Heads up.

Ca
What do you mean "everything shutting down"? grocery stores, airports, everything?
DJT said today at his presser all major grocery stores would remain open.

Reactions: rjschnizler
Heads up.

on a scale of 1-10, how confident are you in this? @andrewdc07

That’s my understanding, sounds like nobody will have work for 2 weeks? I guess we will see if that comes to fruition. Multiple people have said that.

That’s my understanding, sounds like nobody will have work for 2 weeks? I guess we will see if that comes to fruition. Multiple people have said that.
DJT said today at his presser major grocery stores will stay open and for people not to panic and overrun them.

Obviously that can change, everything is happening so fast.

Do you? It’s happening already in Spain and France and Italy. We can’t be far behind from closing all but essential businesses

This is looking very likely. Have heard from two independent sources with federal government contacts that it could be put into place as early as tomorrow. Essential (refineries, production facilities, grocery stores, hospitals) businesses would stay open. People would be allowed to buy groceries, seek medical treatment, get gas, etc. Otherwise, we would be expected to stay home. Also, a possible ban on domestic air and interstate travel.

Heads up.

my neighbor works for the CDC. She informed us of the same about 2 hours ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT