ADVERTISEMENT

Game 1 Player Analysis

504noladawg

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Jul 3, 2017
Sorry for the double post. I accidentally posted this first on the vent, meant to post it here.

First off: shoutout to Marcus Thornton. He was fantastic on the call tonight. Like a seasoned vet on the call. Fantastic. Hope he gets the gig full time.

1. Terry Roberts. Elite speed. Gonna be fun to watch. Seems to have a pretty decent basketball IQ. Loved when he took the shorter guard down low and bullied him.
2. Justin Hill. Seems strong as an ox and in control. Always under control. Love it. Maybe not fast enough to get his own shot a ton.
3. Kario. Better shot selection. I’m not sure he is a star. But a solid bucket getter.
4. frank Anselem. Very active. Has potential. We need a little more from him on the defensive end. That’s supposed to be his calling card. He got worked a few times. We went to him in some crucial moments on offense. Not sure he is ready for that. But I like him. Glad he is here.
5. Bridges. Rough night on both ends. Seemed clumsy tonight. But we know he can get buckets. His time will come. D has to improve.
6. Juice Holt. Great hustle. Played winning basketball with his hustle.
7. Jabri. Great night for him. Made some big shots, had a nice and 1. Fought on D and the boards. He took some steps forward tonight.
8. Kyeron Lindsay. He didn’t do a ton tonight but you can see the talent. He moves his feet very well on defense in rotations and guarding folks. I think he is gonna be a good one for us. Very mature player.
9. Moncrieffe. He is our most physical player. He is a dude. Will be a big time player for us. Him being out is a big reason why we struggled in the second half.
Didn’t see enough of McBride to do analysis. Etter was Etter. I thought his minutes were appropriate.

I like this squad a lot. Coach White has done amazing work with them. Night and day difference on D. I think our turnovers will come way down from tonight. Just learning to gel. Great W! Go dawgs!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News