ADVERTISEMENT

Gator Tears over Sunbelt Billy

LrgK9

War Daddy
Gold Member
Jan 22, 2005
Swanging Gator:

“Sounds like Billy gets 4 years no matter what. Which I agree with btw even though I don’t think he’ll succeed. At some point we have to give someone at least a CHANCE to build something.

What will be interesting though is…there’s a very good chance Napier will own a losing record at the end of 3 years and we STILL keep him. If you had told me when Urban bailed that in 13 years we’d have gone through 3 coaches and would be in a position of holding onto the 4th coach for a 4th year despite a 3-year losing record I would probably have swung at you!

But here we are lol. “

Through the bottom of the coke bottle clearly Gator:

“We should have never complained about Spurrier's inability to run the ball or field a tough defense.

Spurrier would be in his 33rd year as UF coach right now.

Would we have 3 National Titles? Nobody knows.

But we would have a beloved coach that not a single Gator fan could doubt for loyalty and love for UF.

I blame us.”

Wishing & Hoping on a Star Gator:

“I think we should move on after year 3 if there is a good option to replace him. Lanning has been really impressive at Oregon. I am not as big of a fan of coach Prime because I think the offense he has is all Sean Lewis, but Lanning is someone I would really keep my eye on.”

Being a Gator is crazy, it’s nuts, addiction Highs & Lows Gator:

“It's crazy how things have gone since last (mid) November, much less since Napier was hired. We put back-to-back performances together in College Station and vs 6-3 Carolina, scoring 79 points and putting CFB on notice that Florida Football was roaring back to life. Since then we're 3-5, with two of those wins being McNeese St and Charlotte. The highs and lows, the inconsistencies are just nuts.”

Blood in the water scares me Gator:

This is my fear as well. As soon as the recruits see your vision doesn’t work in this league…do they move on. If we lose recruits he has to go because that’s the only thing he has shown that he can do well.

We keep changing coaches over & over expecting different results Gator:

“Look at the schedule for next year, he has no chance of competing. Recruiting and transfers can’t make up the gap. We absolutely will have a losing season, it’s just a matter of if it’s 2-3-4-5 wins but the schedule is so brutal that 2-3 is a real possibility. You can’t win 2-3 games in Gainesville and survive. And if he does, shame on us for accepting it and we deserve him.”

Reality tells you who we are Gator:

“A lot of this is on the head coach having his team consistently unprepared, playing with a lack of intensity and urgency, and the play calls he makes. His reluctance to change and failures in the portal are on him. Not sure a new OC or ST coordinator can fix the fundamental errors he’s making as a HC.”

Life is a microwave and we are trapped in it with our cheap popcorn of a Coach:

“The game has changed . We live in a microwave society now, and football has changed along with it. You can grab Players through the portal and build with the immediate success with the right coaching hire. Do you think Auburn would’ve had any chance against Georgia on Saturday if they would’ve kept the same coach and not hired Hugh Freeze?”

Fraught with uncertainty of reality Gator:

“Completely agree. The real question is, if we don't look very good the rest of the way, what is the likelihood of keeping that top 5 class? He's got to put an improved product on the field just to keep his class IMO. Can he do that is now the question.”

I been learning from @SORT14 Gator:

“The Law of Diminishing Returns is a real concern. I read somewhere that no coach in SEC history has ever won the conference with a win % below 63%, after 2 full seasons. That's because there are too many coaches in this conference that are sharks. If you don't win, your recruiting starts to suffer, you lose players from your current roster, you get strife inside the locker room, you lose your better coaches, you have trouble hiring good coaches. The program begins to suffocate.

In other conferences, you can come back from this stuff over time. In the SEC it has not happened. Not saying it can't, but history is not on your side if you're not winning early.

Napier is at 9-9 (50%) right now. How many would he need to win the rest of this year to get to 63%”

Wallace Stevens says there is no Emperor of Ice Cream Gator

“ …THUS DIES THE MTYH OF CEO BILLY not hiring an OC…

To me this is the hardest thing to swallow based off of all the talk about being a CEO and building an Army to make us great again.

He appears to not be what we were sold, by letting the offense and special teams regress like they have with no CEO type leadership to correct it and or even operate it.”

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News