ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia Florida for me

dawgman63

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Climax Georgia
I just counted up the games I have attended. I've missed some but this year will be my 20th. I actually have a 10-9 record. I was surprised when I tallied that up.
I go with a different group now than I started with. These guys have never seen us lose. They don't seem to understand the significance of a win down there. The guy I started with is going this year though. We made the trip so many years with just a sliver of hope that we would eke out a victory. (Spurrier years) But we would get hammered and make the trip home wondering when we would break the streak.
I missed 97 so I missed the one victory of the 90's and the lone victory against Spurrier. My buddy and I had made a deal to never go to The Landing until we won. We finally got to go in 2004.
I guess my reason for writing this is this. Savor every victory. Enjoy the damn trip! It looks as though it may end shortly and I hate that. I'm a South Georgia boy so I like it in Jax. It's the greatest game in college football to me. I've seen things there I've never seen before and some I don't want to!
Spurrier changed this game. Can't stand him but respect him for making it important to Florida again. Kirby did the same thing for us. Richt never did but he never had Florida hang 50 on him in Athens and he was not a player for Georgia. Kirby has made this game mean something to the players and to the fans. Hope that never changes. Go Dawgs!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News