ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia/Texas media takes: SVP and Stanford Steve

kckd

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2001
SVP: How 'bout Kirby. That's a culture win, man. They're banged up. I was talking to him on Sportscenter the other night. Cliche, next man up, but where do you have to have someone step up on this team? He said "it's the offensive line, we've been banged up, guys can't practice." They ran for over a hundred. They jumped TX the way Bama jumped them. Texas kind of got back in it. There's a lot of layers to this. As the guy that was there, I defer to you.

SS: This place was loud. Georgia's the brand TX wants to get to. Out Thursday and Friday night, everyone's just waiting for the game, waiting for the game. Line's starting 3.5 and then up to 5. I stayed pretty confident in Georgia. Texas hadn't played anyone that could pass. And when Georgia's defense doesn't have to worry about a running QB, they're dogs. We go over to the Texas sideline and Scottie's there, Spieth and they're all juiced up and ready to go. Texas does their intro. It's awesome. Hell's Bells. Places is ready to go off. Texas comes out first.

And Georgia's getting ready to come out and I can see the look on Kirby's face. He is already pissed off.

SVP: AGGRESSION! AGGRESSION!

SS: And all the TX guys are kneeling in the EZ and their pregame thing. And Kirby's like "I'm gonna run out right now. Tell them to get out of the way." And I'm like, "Oh boy. They're on one." I'm standing there with Rece and midway through the first quarter I'm like "Oh my god, Carson Beck. It's the first half vs. Bama all over again." And then like that, sack-fumble. Quinn was rattled. TX OL really struggled with the physicality. Not playing good passing teams, they haven't really had to tackle in the open field. TX struggled with it this game. Etienne was awesome.

Now the overturn of the PI. Have you ever seen that?

SVP: No and people you've got to stop. I tweeted something out. Things can be incompetent and not rigged. It was a horrible call. It wasn't PI. If they got together and said that, fine. But the appearance becomes "Oh, it's rigged the other way." Now we get to have pissed off fans chuck sh** on the field. And that's why we're gonna change the call. The appearance was a terrible call got overturned because DKR was mad.

SS: I'm standing in the corner down the other way near the students' section, away from the return. A full bottle of water landed at my foot and it was as loud as a the g**d*** cannons to hear 25 times today. It was mayhem. I thought they were getting together to call a flag on the fans and then they changed it. And everyone on the sidelines was like "Have you ever seen that? Have you ever seen that?" And they get the TD and then the answer drive the answer drive by Georgia was just...ah...man

SVP: The answer drive was the most important part outside of the first half when they put a strangle hold on this game. That was a grown man saying "Y'all got a good grip? Cause now we're gonna squeeze back." And no one scores again and Georgia leaves there banged up. They arrived banged up. But they leave with a group of talented people who've won a ton of football games and beat a Texas team who hadn't played a team that's anywhere close to them. That's where the benefit of having been in a fight showed itself.

Jalon Walker. How many guys are better than that dude? Not many. Holy sh**! That guy is an absolute terror. And he has company. There are a lot of guys in the silver britches that get after the QB. But Ewers was struggling and they bring in Arch and what do you make of that.

SS: That hit he took on the corner blitz. That was a hard shot. I don't know if he was having problems after that injury wise. I didn't have a problem going with Arch, but I didn't have a problem going back to Quinn either. They brought Arch in and first play he didn't see the blitz. That's on him. He didn't see a wide open WR later. He got the long scramble but they were gonna have to win with Ewers because they were gonna have to throw it down the field and Arch wasn't making those throws.

SVP: If he sees and hits the open receiver. They score and get a little momentum, could've been very different situation there.

SS: There's no one I trust with QBs more than Sark. I don't have a problem with it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.