ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia Was Built For This Era

Blayne Gilmer

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Sep 12, 2020
I sat back and watched all the scores coming in from around college football on Saturday. I saw how Georgia has handled its business in the first two games, regardless of the level of competition, and it just made me very grateful for what Kirby Smart has built.

Georgia has recruited and developed talent at such a level that the entire organization has had a very professional feel for some time. Lane Kiffin always tells us that this is a professional sport now with NIL. Georgia hasn't had to adjust much because of the ridiculous accumulation of talent and the subsequent success.

When anything bad does happen now, maybe a slow start in a game or a couple of bad possessions in a row, it's just not a big deal. There is a calmness in the program, and it comes from the top. When you're prepared, know you're more talented, and have outworked the opponent, overwhelming confidence follows.

With three big road games Georgia has this year, I wouldn't be surprised if something didn't go the Dawgs' way and they dropped one. I would be surprised if anybody is able to beat Georgia twice this year, though. I think that would have to happen for another team to win the National Championship. I know it's early, but the top of the SEC looks really, really good.

In the 12 team College Football Playoff format, much like the NFL Playoffs, it will be about who has the most talent in terms of depth of the talent on the roster, who can make minor but meaningful in-game adjustments, and who has a winning DNA.

I believe Georgia has all of that in the new CFP era under Kirby Smart.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.