ADVERTISEMENT

Gimme Back My Bullets

Rock on wid yo bad sef!

I’ll be in Jax in May to see Chicago and back in June to see the Doobie Brothers.
Most underrated guitarist in history is Terry Kath. A horrible accidental death at 31. Maybe the best guitarist to come out of rock. It is said if he had formed a trio instead of the big Chicago band he would be recognized among the best. Some old videos of 25 or 6 to Four and Hendrix quotes are convincing.

The Skynyrd Boys were down a man in the Guitar Army after Ed King got fed up with Ronnie and quit, but the Rossington / Collins duo was always the core. They came back defiant and hard in 76 ….

What are the bullets?
When Honkette Cassie Gaines finally got Ronnie to check out her brother Steve, I thought they were they best they ever were. Steve Gaines was a perfect fit.

Songfacts®:​

• According to Lynyrd Skynyrd guitarist Gary Rossington in a 1992 Goldmine interview, this song is about the bullets Billboard charts use to signify a song is moving quickly up the chart. If a song is "#12 with a bullet," it is at #12 but will probably go higher next week. Skynyrd had not had a hit in a while and this was a message that they wanted to get back on the charts.
  • This song was about regaining dominance on the music charts, but Gimme Back My Bullets was the weakest selling album of Skynyrd's career to that point. It was their fourth release, and the first produced by the famous Atlantic Records engineer Tom Dowd, who was allowed to produce two bands outside of Atlantic every year (Skynyrd was on MCA).
  • This was never released as a single. The only single from the album was the non-charting "Double Trouble."
  • Lynyrd Skynyrd recorded this with only two lead guitarists: Allen Collins and Gary Rossington. Third lead guitarist Ed King had left just before making this album. When this album didn't sell as well as expected, another guitarist, Steve Gaines, was brought in.
  • Fans started throwing bullets and other objects on stage when they performed this. They had to take it out of their set list because they were afraid someone was going to get hurt.

Most underrated guitarist in history is Terry Kath. A horrible accidental death at 31. Maybe the best guitarist to come out of rock. It is said if he had formed a trio instead of the big Chicago band he would be recognized among the best. Some old videos of 25 or 6 to Four and Hendrix quotes are convincing.
Neil Young, Hendrix said the same thing about him.

Reactions: deadduckdawg
I raise you Randy Rhoads. His career was tragically cut short at 25 years of age while on a plane piloted by a lunatic.

Reactions: blackpug6
don'tr you think he was a willing partcipant?
Nope. Pilot clipped Ozzy's tour bus and crashed into a house killing the pilot and all 3 passengers including Randy. Trying to buzz the bus is entirely on the pilot.

Nope. Pilot clipped Ozzy's tour bus and crashed into a house killing the pilot and all 3 passengers including Randy. Trying to buzz a moving vehicle is entirely on the pilot.

if one gets on plane with a drunk?
then acting crazy...
I'm goona say "cocaine".

• According to Lynyrd Skynyrd guitarist Gary Rossington in a 1992 Goldmine interview, this song is about the bullets Billboard charts use to signify a song is moving quickly up the chart. If a song is "#12 with a bullet," it is at #12 but will probably go higher next week. Skynyrd had not had a hit in a while and this was a message that they wanted to get back on the charts.
  • This song was about regaining dominance on the music charts, but Gimme Back My Bullets was the weakest selling album of Skynyrd's career to that point. It was their fourth release, and the first produced by the famous Atlantic Records engineer Tom Dowd, who was allowed to produce two bands outside of Atlantic every year (Skynyrd was on MCA).
  • This was never released as a single. The only single from the album was the non-charting "Double Trouble."
  • Lynyrd Skynyrd recorded this with only two lead guitarists: Allen Collins and Gary Rossington. Third lead guitarist Ed King had left just before making this album. When this album didn't sell as well as expected, another guitarist, Steve Gaines, was brought in.
  • Fans started throwing bullets and other objects on stage when they performed this. They had to take it out of their set list because they were afraid someone was going to get hurt.

play...
it would be pleasant!
if it wasn't...?
is anyone satisfied?

Last edited:
if one gets on plane with a drunk?
then acting crazy...
I'm goona say "cocaine".

play...
it would be pleasant
if it wasn't...?
To me that's like saying Buddy Holly was complicit in his own death for getting on a plane that should have stayed on the ground. Pilot should've waited until the weather improved. Maybe he was complicit. Anyway Randy Rhoads was a young, damn good guitarist whose life was also cut short by a horrible accident. I hope we agree on that at least. 🙂

• Haha
Reactions: blackpug6
To me that's like saying Buddy Holly was complicit in his own death for getting on a plane that should have stayed on the ground. Pilot should've waited until the weather improved. Maybe he was complicit. Anyway Randy Rhoads was a young, damn good guitarist whose life was also cut short by a horrible accident. I hope we agree on that at least. 🙂

let's let it go,
you win.
absract concepts cloud a pug mind...
do you believe what I stated?

Last edited:

I actually like Nuthin’ Fancy and Gimme Back the best of all of them, with Nuthin’ Fancy probably my favorite Skynyrd album of all. But I love all 5 studio albums and even the First and Last album cash-in they released after the crash.

Hell, I liked The Rossington-Collins Band. Went to see them and they rocked.

I actually like Nuthin’ Fancy and Gimme Back the best of all of them, with Nuthin’ Fancy probably my favorite Skynyrd album of all. But I love all 5 studio albums and even the First and Last album cash-in they released after the crash.

Hell, I liked The Rossington-Collins Band. Went to see them and they rocked.

Oh yeah, the Rossington-Collins Band was good. There was one problem though. Both Alan Collins and Gary Rossington, close friends since their teenage years, had the hots for the female lead singer, Dale Krantz. Gary won out and is married to Dale to this day, and the band was no more. Here’s Dale singing on the band’s only hit:

Absolutely LOVE this Rossington Collins Band album!!!!!

Oh yeah, the Rossington-Collins Band was good. There was one problem though. Both Alan Collins and Gary Rossington, close friends since their teenage years, had the hots for the female lead singer, Dale Krantz. Gary won out and is married to Dale to this day, and the band was no more. Here’s Dale singing on the band’s only hit:

GOLD

Alan was probably more fun but Gary is an iron man. She likely made the best choice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT