ADVERTISEMENT

Goin down the Bourbon Rabbit Hole tonight…

JackRussellDawg

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2018
Coastal Florida
My beloved wife, JaneRussellDawg (who continues to improve health-wise, thanks for asking), purchased me a subscription to flaviar.com for Christmas for $200. I assume flaviar rhymes with caviar.

Ok, so this flaviar bills itself as an on-line social community of likker enthusiasts, and they send you “tasting sessions” of alcohol (bourbon for me) to evaluate and comment on. They say you will experience hints of vanilla or caramel or smoke or lighter fluid or whatever on your pallet. I’m not that fancy y’all. When I drink bourbon whiskey, I taste equal parts of bourbon and whiskey. I like it or I don’t.

So, the first tasting session I get is FEW bourbon, which was of no account, and one of the two ounce vials was busted. So, flaviar sent me another tasting session of FEW no account bourbon, plus a bottle of Sagamore Rye plus a gin tasting session with another busted vial. So far this ain’t going well.

Then I figured out I could get bottles instead of tasting sessions. If it was recommended on a Vent bourbon thread and I could find it on flaviar, then I ordered it.

First, I got Russell’s Twelve Year. It was ok. Then, I got Jefferson’s Very Small Batch. Excellent! And tonight, I cracked open a bottle of, you guessed it, Rabbit Hole Bourbon. Excellent!

I don’t recommend flaviar.com, but I do recommend good bourbon. LFG

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News