ADVERTISEMENT

Good Morning Dawg Nation

celticdawg

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Sep 2, 2003
Good morning Dawgs and thanks to April for giving me the opportunity to lead off this morning as it's been a while. I've used this as an opportunity to tell a little more about myself, but since we have had so many new members I thought I would hit some highlights (or are they lowlights). I had noticed our heading but it didn't grab my interest. Finally one day I checked it out, just read for a while and then began posting. As best I remember, it didn't resemble a typical day now, but the main thing was the positivity shown by PW who started us off in those days. To me it was something to think about as I walked Muffin before coming back to post. I started here on the Vent about 19 years ago and don't recall where I saw this message board mentioned, but found my way here.

We come from various backgrounds and have even added an international member, but we have the Dawgs in common. Many have Georgia roots and have stayed there while some have strayed even as far as Brooklyn. And then there are others that have made their way to the South (I don't really consider Florida part of the South). We know how some have met and I've mentioned my wife and I moved into the same apartment complex during the summer of 1974. And eventually this New York Jew and my Southern Baptist (at that time) wife got married over 45 years ago. Opposites do attract sometimes. Being born in Atlanta (Crawford Long) she supports Coke, Delta, the Braves and the Georgia Bulldawgs and since I quickly acquired a hate of the Gators after moving here, it was easy to become a Dawg. I do need to mention that long ago when they were in Division II, that we decided to support our local UCF Knights and have had season tickets ever since. Also, I support her Braves as long as they are not playing my Yankees.

As many others have stated, I love you all. You are my family and my community. It's hard to describe but we don't have a lot of local friends and I guess it's because we are traveling so much. When we weren't traveling because of Covid we also weren't seeing people or going to too many places in town. The only family I have contact with is my brother in the Phoenix area and a 1st cousin who lives in Revere Beach right outside of Boston (neither one close). And I think Covid brought this group together even further as these were the people that we continued to have daily contact with during that period.

Take a step back if you haven't and consider what we have. A diverse group with that love of the Dawgs and also love and compassion for other people. We have mourned the death of a few members in the last couple of years. We have celebrated some marriages of members and their children. We have celebrated the birth of grandchildren and the trials and tribulations of some of the children of our members. We have prayed for the illnesses and injuries suffered by members or their families (and others who are not members). We have enjoyed hearing about the travel experiences and other events that people have participated in and celebrated along as some marriages have occurred. If this isn't one great community, then you are missing something.

So keep sharing your lives, both the good and bad, and I, for one, will be along for the ride. I look forward to reading the latest later.

Prayers for those on LDGMDNOPL (thanks again) and anyone else in need. Continued safe travels for April and LESD and anyone else on the road. Looking forward to this season more than any I can remember. It should be a good ride and hopefully ends up in California.

GO DAWGS
2021 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News