ADVERTISEMENT

Good Morning Dawg Nation

LadyADawg

Confetti Queen
Nov 14, 2016
South Georgia
I hope everyone had had a great Sunday and Father's Day, we sure did!! Got some rain as well, so that just made it even better! Quick hello and I'm out the door this morning but first, LD sent an update an Banjo...

"My Father had to enter the hospital after his PET scan and biopsy was found to have not only Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, but also B-Cell Lymphoma which is a mutation which causes masses to produce quickly throughout the lymphatic system. Doctors admitted him to the hospital just over a week and a half ago to go through intense 'EPOC' Chemotherapy. Amazingly, the intense dosage of chemo seemed to work fairly well. They said he was the 1 out of 1,000 who responded to the treatment without any side-effects.

We were able to take him home Friday afternoon. He is not out of the woods. He will continue to receive Chemo later this month, but for now they believe the bloodwork has things manageable with continued visits to his oncologist. He is unable to take visitors or go anywhere as his immune system is greatly compromised. This battle will be a marathon, not a sprint, but this first dose gave him the ability to get in the race to remission which is the prayerful goal. This will be about a month or two session and we will know how effective in about a week from Monday when he goes for another PET scan.

I know and Banjo knows that the prayers of this board have been with us and I can only say God is amazing and His people reflect His goodness. It is my great honor to tell you thank you from the bottom of my heart. Now that we aren't running mad back and forth to the hospital and he is at least back home resting and fighting this fight, I will return back to Georgia (Banjo lives in North Carolina, I live in Flowery Branch) and will leave him in the capable hands of his wife and my Sister who lives 15 minutes from him."

We continue to pray for you @banjodawg and all those in need as well!

Happy Birthday or Anniversary if you're celebrating today!

Love you guys and gals, MEAN IT!

Go Dawgs ❤️
April

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News