ADVERTISEMENT

Good Political Commentary heard on radio this morning........

DawgWCK

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2001
Republican Strategist on a conservative talk show.

I thought it was interesting I guess because I agreed with it:

• The disciplined Trump last night who said I would not seek retribution nor be a dictator will beat Joe Biden in a close race and if governed likewise would do fine. (Apparently he did very well last night in his town hall)
  • Trump will not be disciplined over the course of the campaign and will lose to Biden in an ultra-close race with questionable absentee votes in Philly and Detroit pushing him over the top – Trump will win Ga and AZ this time around
  • Just does not see how Trump could beat Biden in Penn, Michigan or Wisconsin with Democratic Governors and lack of good absentee voting ID and verification.
  • Haley will last longer than DeSantis in this years race as she has appealed better to non MAGA Republicans
  • Haley would win in a landslide over Biden but would not govern well nor get many things done but would probably get 2 terms because of her popularity.
  • DeSantis would win a nail bitter with Biden and would govern very well and get things done and as a result be a very successful president who would get military, border and budget in order
Again, i don't watch townhalls or debates but found these points compelling and reasonable.

Pubs may be locked in a box they have created. When your senate minority leader is polling around 6% and even underwater with his own constituency and his politics is what the establishment is embracing, the problem isn't MAGA. The problem is the only person the overwhelming majority of Pub voters trusts to pursue the policies happens to be an imbecilic, petulant child masquerading as a grown man.

Imo, if you like the policies of Trump and elect anyone other than Trump or DeSantis, you lose. I know a lot of people that don't really identify with pubs but have voted with Pubs for decades that have decided to pass on a uniparty candidate. Pubs need to figure out PDQ if they are the party that will help crush the Tea Party and try to get elected as Dem light or if they want to lead a party of people that want a government that is limited to performing it's constitutional functions and let the people handle for themselves what they should be handling locally.

Pubs may be locked in a box they have created. When your senate minority leader is polling around 6% and even underwater with his own constituency and his politics is what the establishment is embracing, the problem isn't MAGA. The problem is the only person the overwhelming majority of Pub voters trusts to pursue the policies happens to be an imbecilic, petulant child masquerading as a grown man.

Imo, if you like the policies of Trump and elect anyone other than Trump or DeSantis, you lose. I know a lot of people that don't really identify with pubs but have voted with Pubs for decades that have decided to pass on a uniparty candidate. Pubs need to figure out PDQ if they are the party that will help crush the Tea Party and try to get elected as Dem light or if they want to lead a party of people that want a government that is limited to performing it's constitutional functions and let the people handle for themselves what they should be handling locally.
A lot of ppl seem to have their own definition of *conservative* these days. From the right of Ted Cruz to the left of Geo Bush is a wide swathe.

A lot of ppl seem to have their own definition of *conservative* these days. From the right of Ted Cruz to the left of Geo Bush is a wide swathe.
Call it whatever you want but the MAGA agenda seems to resonate with somewhere around 90% of the traditional Pub voters and quite frankly, it's just slightly more to the right than Bill Clinton sans his megabitch wife. Embracing Trump's policies really isn't a leap at all from where the est. Pubs have been campaigning for decades but it's a long damn way from the way they politic once they get to DC for whatever reason. If the Pubs don't figure it out and start leading rather than playing the power game, there will be a split.

Call it whatever you want but the MAGA agenda seems to resonate with somewhere around 90% of the traditional Pub voters and quite frankly, it's just slightly more to the right than Bill Clinton sans his megabitch wife. Embracing Trump's policies really isn't a leap at all from where the est. Pubs have been campaigning for decades but it's a long damn way from the way they politic once they get to DC for whatever reason. If the Pubs don't figure it out and start leading rather than playing the power game, there will be a split.
Main beef I had with his policies was not taking steps to get the budget in order. All the departments (defense included) are overblown with waste. 5% minimum should be cut immediately from every department, with 20% for several more. Then budgets should be held static for a few years to get deficit under control.

Main beef I had with his policies was not taking steps to get the budget in order. All the departments (defense included) are overblown with waste. 5% minimum should be cut immediately from every department, with 20% for several more. Then budgets should be held static for a few years to get deficit under control.
Gotta have congress to curb spending. Otherwise, you would have had a Republican Potus shutting down the government with Paul Ryan as the speaker. And the real spending that needs to be addressed is on auto-drive. Until a POTUS is given line item veto powers or refuses to sign a budget that includes cuts, it's hard for me to pin pork spending on the POTUS.

The size of the federal bureaucracy itself is the major enemy of all that most Americans hold dear. It employs a million worthless turds who essentially do nothing and burden the taxpayers. Those agency functions could be accomplished far, far more efficiently if that efficiency was demanded.
A democRAT will cry, "but what about the people who would be unemployed".
FTMF let'em get a job.

The size of the federal bureaucracy itself is the major enemy of all that most Americans hold dear. It employs a million worthless turds who essentially do nothing and burden the taxpayers. Those agency functions could be accomplished far, far more efficiently if that efficiency was demanded.
FTMF let'em get a job.
You could make a huge difference and even have a heart about doing it by simply refusing to replace the positions vacated by natural attrition. Hell, we pay someone new to take a position when some seat polisher retires after 20 yrs. Of course there are thousands that should be let go because they do nothing anyway but we could start moving in the right track using attrition.

FTMF let'em get a job.
The Federal Government is the worst run business in the world. Not a single business in the private sector would survive being run like that.

• The disciplined Trump last night who said I would not seek retribution nor be a dictator will beat Joe Biden in a close race and if governed likewise would do fine. (Apparently he did very well last night in his town hall)
  • Trump will not be disciplined over the course of the campaign and will lose to Biden in an ultra-close race with questionable absentee votes in Philly and Detroit pushing him over the top – Trump will win Ga and AZ this time around
  • Just does not see how Trump could beat Biden in Penn, Michigan or Wisconsin with Democratic Governors and lack of good absentee voting ID and verification.
  • Haley will last longer than DeSantis in this years race as she has appealed better to non MAGA Republicans
  • Haley would win in a landslide over Biden but would not govern well nor get many things done but would probably get 2 terms because of her popularity.
  • DeSantis would win a nail bitter with Biden and would govern very well and get things done and as a result be a very successful president who would get military, border and budget in order
Again, i don't watch townhalls or debates but found these points compelling and reasonable.
Lol Desantis is such a small man - if you wear lifts in your shoes and your primary opponents are woke (lol) and Disney then the Presidency isnt for you.

How is the situation in Arizona, particularly Maricopa County, supposed to be different from Penn, Michigan and Wisconsin?

Democrat Governor, SoS, AG and Phoenix Mayor
McCain Republicans in Maricopa County government
improper/illegal absentee voter verification

Last edited:
How is the situation in Arizona, particularly Maricopa County, supposed to be different from Penn, Michigan and Wisconsin?

Democrat Governor, SoS, AG and Phoenix Mayor
McCain Republicans in Maricopa County government
improper/illegal absentee voter verification
Just quoting the strategist but would assume the Border Crisis would swing more votes in Az than it would in Penn or Michigan. But to your point, lack of absentee voter verification moves the needle in a close race for sure. I suspect this will be more widespread in those 3 states than AZ but could be wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT