ADVERTISEMENT

Got into too much Scotch last night....

came home & ate a sh!tload of fruitcake cookies & milk chocolate/caramel popcorn, couldn't stop. For some reason, after a few I crave sweets. Paying for it today, fixing to go hit the treadmill...y'all pray.

You cut the fruitcake? The one that has been annually regifted since 1907? Shit. I was planning on using it as a doorstop when I finally got it.

There is NO amount of alcohol in the world that would cause me to get into fruitcake

Can understand....fruitcake is like redheads. Redheads are either good looking or not...good or bad. Fruitcake is also either good or bad. Never had a store bought fruitcake that was good. A good homemade one from scratch, is a different story, no comparison. There are no inbetweens for either one. You either like it or you don't.

Last edited:
came home & ate a sh!tload of fruitcake cookies & milk chocolate/caramel popcorn, couldn't stop. For some reason, after a few I crave sweets. Paying for it today, fixing to go hit the treadmill...y'all pray.
Recall getting into too much alcohol in town off coast of Mediterranean and ended up almost going to a Turkish jail after getting into a fight with 'bout 15 teenage Turkish punks.....they like to attack in large groups.....big groups make advantageous targets. One of more enjoyable nights of my life, felt like I was in a Greek mythology movie.....especially since I ended up with their girl. Then, some of the punks worked at one of the restaurants on the riviera.....I had her, Deniz, go order our drinks the next morning, and they refused to serve us....words were exchanged in Turkish, and she and I departed. She hailed from Istanbul, in an enclave called kadikoy; I still love her.
Turkey-Alanya.jpg

Things-to-do-in-Alanya-48.jpg

Can understand....fruitcake is like redheads. Redheads are either good looking or not...good or bad. Fruitcake is also either good or bad. Never had a store bought one that was good. A good homemade one from scratch, is a different story, no comparison. There are no inbetweens in either. You either like it or you don't.

fruitcake , hayull no.
fruitcake cookies - decent.

seriously considering my Granny's old Date Nut Bar Recipe this year.?
it 's pretty easy...
Oatmeal, brown sugar and diced Dates..
the recipes I read call for eggs.
Reba nor my Mom ever put eggs in their Date Nute Bars.!?

Last edited:
Reactions: Eastmandawg
seriously considering my Granny's old Date Nut Bar Recipe this year.?
it 's pretty easy...
Oatmeal, brown sugar and diced Dates..
the recipes I read call for eggs.
Reba nor my Mom ever put eggs in their Date Nute Bars.!?
Meanwhile back at the oasis, the Arabs were eating their dates...

Recall getting into too much alcohol in town off coast of Mediterranean and ended up almost going to a Turkish jail after getting into a fight with 'bout 15 teenage Turkish punks.....they like to attack in large groups.....big groups make advantageous targets. One of more enjoyable nights of my life, felt like I was in a Greek mythology movie.....especially since I ended up with their girl. Then, some of the punks worked at one of the restaurants on the riviera.....I had her, Deniz, go order our drinks the next morning, and they refused to serve us....words were exchanged in Turkish, and she and I departed. She hailed from Istanbul, in an enclave called kadikoy; I still love her.
Turkey-Alanya.jpg

Reactions: blackpug6
Turkey-Alanya.jpg

Got-Dayum. This is the shit I miss, Wayx.

I do the same.
on the back end of a Bender,
always get the munchies then Crash for 8-12 hours.

Reactions: Eastmandawg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT