ADVERTISEMENT

Great to have classified documents in such a secure location

EA069-B05-2977-4801-A1-F3-92243-FA97-ED5.jpg

Reactions: JackRussellDawg
Russian speaking con artist, any surprise that she made her way into Trump's inner circle and Mar a Lago.

Classified documents stored at MAL are accessible to anyone who can physically reach them.

Classified documents stored on an unauthorized email server are accessible to anyone in the world who has the knowledge to digitally reach them.

Put them in solitary, no bail, delay the trials, imprison them for the max allowable with domestic terrorist added. These are supposed to be the ones guarding our democracy from the awful pubs. Yet here they are breaking the law to demonstrate against one of the branches of our democratic government. Join me chat libs in denouncing this sedition.

You really believe this whole narrative? My goodness
You really believe that the documents were

1. Planted by the FBI
2. Were taken by accident
3. Were declassified
4. Trump had permission to have them

My goodness

1. Planted by the FBI
3. Were declassified

My goodness
1. No
2. No
3. Not sure, what all is included? I haven't seen the documents and neither have you. Either way, see #4.
4. Who gives the POTUS permission? How did these documents come into his possession? Once in his possession, who can deny the POTUS the power to declassify?

1. No
2. No
3. Not sure, what all is included? I haven't seen the documents and neither have you. Either way, see #4.
4. Who gives the POTUS permission? How did these documents come into his possession? Once in his possession, who can deny the POTUS the power to declassify?
#4: Just from a factual basis, he is not POTUS. He unlawfully took these documents with him when he left the WH. Also, they are not his documents. Those are US documents that he no longer has security clearance to have access to that needed to be returned.

#4: Just from a factual basis, he is not POTUS. He unlawfully took these documents with him when he left the WH. Also, they are not his documents. Those are US documents that he no longer has security clearance to have access to that needed to be returned.
This can't be a serious reply.

Since you stated this as fact, what time did 45 depart the WH with the documents?

When did he obtain the documents in the first place?

This can't be a serious reply.

Since you stated this as fact, what time did 45 depart the WH with the documents?

When did he obtain the documents in the first place?
I suppose it’s a half way serious reply but I don’t take myself that seriously.

It’s crazy to think that we had 44 presidents prior to Trump that had no issue with the national archives. If they had something, they returned it when requested. No subpoenas, no FBI visits. Bottom line, Trump had no right to the documents at the time he left the White House. He was no longer POTUS. Cipolloni made that clear. It doesn’t matter when he obtained the documents, the bell for Trump struck midnight when Biden was inaugurated. Not long after Trump’s security clearance was revoked.

I imagine the national archives was not prepared for Trump’s need to remove sensitive US information since they have never had an issue this complex before. We can discuss whether the right steps were taken in getting the information back but none of us can state: Trump didn’t know he shouldn’t be in possession of the documents after he received notice in May 2021 and his lawyer lied (ie all the documentation had been returned) in reply to a DOJ subpoena to get the information back.

I can excuse Trump taking the information with him to MAL after he left the WH as he had a SCIF at MAL but he knew he need to return it and didn’t. We all as Americans deserve to know why.

Last edited:
I suppose it’s a half way serious reply but I don’t take myself that seriously.

It’s crazy to think that we had 44 presidents prior to Trump that had no issue with the national archives. If they had something, they returned it when requested. No subpoenas, no FBI visits. Bottom line, Trump had no right to the documents at the time he left the White House. He was no longer POTUS. Cipolloni made that clear. It doesn’t matter when he obtained the documents, the bell for Trump struck midnight when Biden was inaugurated. Not long after Trump’s security clearance was revoked.

I imagine the national archives was not prepared for Trump’s need to remove sensitive US information since they have never had an issue this complex before. We can discuss whether the right steps were taken in getting the information back but none of us can state: Trump didn’t know he shouldn’t be in possession of the documents after he received notice in May 2021 and his lawyer lied (ie all the documentation had been returned) in reply to a DOJ subpoena to get the information back.

I can excuse Trump taking the information with him to MAL after he left the WH as he had a SCIF at MAL but he knew he need to return it and didn’t. We all as Americans deserve to know why.
So you don't know what you previously claimed to be factual. Thanks.

1. Planted by the FBI
3. Were declassified

My goodness

1. i wouldn't put it past them after seeing them misuse their authority against American citizens.
2. Doesn't matter
3. trump had full authority to declassify anything he wished as president. the power is so broad, someone would have to prove he didn't declassify them, and that is impossible.
4. He could have given himself permission to have them, like obama did and hillary did (although she had no power as president because she isn't and never will be president).

Man you guys are reaching. Why are y'all so scared of trump. People only make these types of moves, over a paperwork dispute when they are scared. So funny to watch the commies shake in their boots over fear of one man. every time they pull stuff against him, he gets stronger. so dumb

1. i wouldn't put it past them after seeing them misuse their authority against American citizens.
2. Doesn't matter
3. trump had full authority to declassify anything he wished as president. the power is so broad, someone would have to prove he didn't declassify them, and that is impossible.
4. He could have given himself permission to have them, like obama did and hillary did (although she had no power as president because she isn't and never will be president).

Man you guys are reaching. Why are y'all so scared of trump. People only make these types of moves, over a paperwork dispute when they are scared. So funny to watch the commies shake in their boots over fear of one man. every time they pull stuff against him, he gets stronger. so dumb
Sorry, Biden used his absolute authority to reclassify all of the documents in Trump's possession. He didn't even have to tell anyone, according to your logic.

I'm not afraid of Trump, I just think that people who break the law should be held to account, regardless of party. He is a private citizen who has refused to return government property. Even if Trump had the ability to magically and with out record declassify anything he wants, that doesn't also magically make these documents free of information that could be extremely damaging in the wrong hands.

None of the Trumpist want to address why he had these documents and why he repeatedly refused to return them because, even though he is a private citizen and has been since Biden's inauguration, you fundamentally believe he is above the law. Stop suggesting that Trumpists are the only true patriots when you reject the rule of law if it is being applied to your chosen leader.

Trump sharing Lindsey Graham's threats of violence if Trump is prosecuted is everything we need to know about your leader and at this point the entire Republican party. Threats of violence against the rule of law just as we had threats of violence (and violence delivered) against an unfavorable electoral outcome.

Reactions: celticdawg

1. Planted by the FBI
3. Were declassified

My goodness
Good questions. Questions that have individual value.

1. No, but the specter of deceit is a valid question I would make public if it were me. Did you pay attention to the Russian dossier fiasco? When someone comes into my home unannounced, looking for stuff to try and leverage me, and I have gone through seven years of media attacks and false accusations, I would personally state that.

I think you would do the same thing.

2. Not sure what you are asking. The president has the right to anything he deems declassified. The Dem’s are making something out of this that has never existed regarding other presidents. What accidental stuff are you talking about?

3. Yes, if he had them at Mar-a-largo, he considered them declassified. The Dems are attempting to paint him as a dangerous foreign operative. The files themselves have been sensationalized.

4. Yes. All presidents do. Not sure what else you want me to say.

Trump is the most dangerous man on the planet in regards to the progressive Dem globalist world. He is not dangerous to us, as citizens, unless you are gay, want to murder babies and want to pay $5.00 a gallon for gas to save the planet…….. sorry, had to chuckle on that one.

Hope that helps. When CNN, MSNBC, ABC and NPR are in line with big government control, I go the other direction. We are being sold out by elite wealth in the name of power and control.

Funny how the media attacks Trumps personal wealth, yet he gave the citizens more financial power to be free. Biden is selling out our country and not a mention. Amazing

Reactions: cherrydawg
Good questions. Questions that have individual value.

1. No, but the specter of deceit is a valid question I would make public if it were me. Did you pay attention to the Russian dossier fiasco? When someone comes into my home unannounced, looking for stuff to try and leverage me, and I have gone through seven years of media attacks and false accusations, I would personally state that.

I think you would do the same thing.

2. Not sure what you are asking. The president has the right to anything he deems declassified. The Dem’s are making something out of this that has never existed regarding other presidents. What accidental stuff are you talking about?

3. Yes, if he had them at Mar-a-largo, he considered them declassified. The Dems are attempting to paint him as a dangerous foreign operative. The files themselves have been sensationalized.

4. Yes. All presidents do. Not sure what else you want me to say.

Trump is the most dangerous man on the planet in regards to the progressive Dem globalist world. He is not dangerous to us, as citizens, unless you are gay, want to murder babies and want to pay $5.00 a gallon for gas to save the planet…….. sorry, had to chuckle on that one.

Hope that helps. When CNN, MSNBC, ABC and NPR are in line with big government control, I go the other direction. We are being sold out by elite wealth in the name of power and control.

Funny how the media attacks Trumps personal wealth, yet he gave the citizens more financial power to be free. Biden is selling out our country and not a mention. Amazing
PW -

You are dead wrong on several points.

2) The former president does not "have a right to anything he deems declassified". The document's security designation does not change the fact that those are government records that belong to the people and not to private citizen Trump, and does not change the fact that Trump refused repeated requests to return those documents.

3) You have zero basis for the claim that the files have been sensationalized. In fact, of the facts that we know, both the number and security classification (regardless of whether that classification is current or former) of the inventory shared in DOJ filings, suggests quite the opposite. Trump unilaterally declassifying formerly top secret documents doesn't magically render them free of highly damaging information. If the scenario you and so many others keep promoting is true, the original classifying authority was not involved in the declassification process and I think we can all agree Trump himself can not assess the impact of publicizing formerly high-security data.

4) That's not true and the National Archives have already refuted the lie that Obama did the same thing Trump has already admitted to doing in his legal filings.

Sorry, the rest of your editorializing has nothing to do with the legal case under discussion.

EDIT: Here is a very lengthy and somewhat even-handed analysis of what we know and don't know at this point in the investigation.

Last edited:
1. No
2. No
4. he is no longer potus and does not have security clearance

4. he is no longer potus and does not have security clearance
This is too narrow a view and ignores his argument that he declassified the documents in the first place.

So to me the priority is to identify the documents in question and settle on his claim to have declassified. Everything else is irrelevant until that point is resolved.

This is too narrow a view and ignores his argument that he declassified the documents in the first place.

So to me the priority is to identify the documents in question and settle on his claim to have declassified. Everything else is irrelevant until that point is resolved.
my understanding is that it doesn't matter if he declassified them in terms of possession. They belong to NA.

my understanding is that it doesn't matter if he declassified them in terms of possession. They belong to NA.
For something so open and shut, this sure is taking forever. I think Charlie Brown might miss the football...again.

When are you folks going to ask how one man so guilty of so many crimes keeps skirting by without any penalties?

When are you folks going to ask how one man so guilty of so many crimes keeps skirting by without any penalties?
it never surprises me that the wealthy and well-connected receive different terms of justice in a nation that worships the almighty dollar above all.

Reactions: Chopdawg75
it never surprises me that the wealthy and well-connected receive different terms of justice in a nation that worships the almighty dollar above all.
How many wealthy people have you seen have federal and local governments around the country all coming after him/her?

Most wealthy people guilty of anything significant don't even face scrutiny as they are protected and that's the point. Who is protecting Trump when it seems all the power is against him?

the good news is it doesn't matter whether he waved a magic declassification wand.....the statutes at issue don’t require the documents to be classified if they are closely held national defense material.

How many wealthy people have you seen have federal and local governments around the country all coming after him/her?

Most wealthy people guilty of anything significant don't even face scrutiny as they are protected and that's the point. Who is protecting Trump when it seems all the power is against him?
It's about having the cash to manipulate the legal system. drown them in motions etc. It is only secondarily about having prosecutors and others start to have to think about optics.

Reactions: Chopdawg75
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT