ADVERTISEMENT

Happy New Year Everybody! 6 Hrs Till the Football drops on 2016!!

DawgThang

National Champion
Jan 12, 2005
The Chinese have their own New Years and the way the powers to be have stretched these playoffs around I say so does College Football! In my opinion anyway....

So I hope all Dawgs around the world have a great 2016.
And I hope us Dawgs are jacked up for the exciting new year ahead.
It is gonna be awesome. A Dawg Tsunami! What we have been waiting for!
Hell Yeah, I'll say it, the beginning of Dawg Dominance!

I want to thank Coach Mark Richt for the excellent guidance he provided over the years!
He was durn good at his job (better than most of us are at ours) and pushed Georgia to have a very respected solid foundation in character and winning percentages!
I wish he had stayed on in some sort of capacity like he was offered, but a mans got to do...
Anyway, best wishes to CMR and family in Miami!
(In my unhumble opinion, kind of A Three Way Win For CMR - Combination of Going Home, Coaching Football and having a Mission in a Third World Country!.........what!)

A Un Apologetic Big Ole Dawg Thank You to UGA AD Greg McGarity!!!! A Great DAWG!!!! You walked into a thankless quagmire. Thanks for having the guts and timing to do what you do! I feel like the athletic department has the best man possible at the wheel. You have experience with some legendary College coaches: Dooley, Spurrier, Meyer and in a way Zook. No one has seen college coaching like you have from the top down. KS is your guy! You did not inherit him....I look forward to you showing what you two Died In The Wool Dawgs can do as a team!!!!

A big smiling thanks to Kirby Smart and Family! Welcome back to the right side of the tracks! (You know first hand there would not be anybody in Alabama if people from Mississippi could keep their cars running and make it all the way to Georgia.) We've had some fine First Families in Georgia Football, but never a couple who both had UGA Letters! You have served your time in training under probably the best coach in college football history. And his clearly stated affection for you already speaks volumes to your ability!!! For Kirby Smart I would like to repeat something an old defensive coordinator once said. You see some thought this feller didn't have HC creds, so he left this Athens town. And he took a HC job. Turns out he not only could head coach, but he could win national championships and he did all this WHILE STARTING a football program. Read that again: STARTING A FOOTBALL PROGRAM!!! (And I change my mind. He was the greatest coach in college football history). (Sorry Nick....deal with it....) And what he said was: "GATA!"
So to Coach Smart in the words of Coach Erk Russell I say: GATA!

Sorry for the long post Dawgs! I only do it once every NEW ERA! AND It starts in a few hours!!!

So I sign off saying thanks to all you Dawgs who care enough to rant and to disagree and watch and to care.
This program is on the BRINK of GREATNESS!
Keep giving it your best positive energy in 2016 and it will spill over to the recruits, to the new coaches, to the players!
WE ARE UGA!
Now,I raise my PBR up to all of you, and in the words of the immortal Bulldawg Lewis Grizzard, I say,:
"Its our way of life against theirs!"
GOOOOO DAWGS!!!
Happy College New Year!!!​

Reactions: LumpLump
''Cho chi pow'', that means, I truly hope it is a good year, however, I do have My reservations given none of My wishes were granted by the Dragon God last Year.

The Chinese have their own New Years and the way the powers to be have stretched these playoffs around I say so does College Football! In my opinion anyway....

So I hope all Dawgs around the world have a great 2016.
And I hope us Dawgs are jacked up for the exciting new year ahead.
It is gonna be awesome. A Dawg Tsunami! What we have been waiting for!
Hell Yeah, I'll say it, the beginning of Dawg Dominance!

I want to thank Coach Mark Richt for the excellent guidance he provided over the years!
He was durn good at his job (better than most of us are at ours) and pushed Georgia to have a very respected solid foundation in character and winning percentages!
I wish he had stayed on in some sort of capacity like he was offered, but a mans got to do...
Anyway, best wishes to CMR and family in Miami!
(In my unhumble opinion, kind of A Three Way Win For CMR - Combination of Going Home, Coaching Football and having a Mission in a Third World Country!.........what!)

A Un Apologetic Big Ole Dawg Thank You to UGA AD Greg McGarity!!!! A Great DAWG!!!! You walked into a thankless quagmire. Thanks for having the guts and timing to do what you do! I feel like the athletic department has the best man possible at the wheel. You have experience with some legendary College coaches: Dooley, Spurrier, Meyer and in a way Zook. No one has seen college coaching like you have from the top down. KS is your guy! You did not inherit him....I look forward to you showing what you two Died In The Wool Dawgs can do as a team!!!!

A big smiling thanks to Kirby Smart and Family! Welcome back to the right side of the tracks! (You know first hand there would not be anybody in Alabama if people from Mississippi could keep their cars running and make it all the way to Georgia.) We've had some fine First Families in Georgia Football, but never a couple who both had UGA Letters! You have served your time in training under probably the best coach in college football history. And his clearly stated affection for you already speaks volumes to your ability!!! For Kirby Smart I would like to repeat something an old defensive coordinator once said. You see some thought this feller didn't have HC creds, so he left this Athens town. And he took a HC job. Turns out he not only could head coach, but he could win national championships and he did all this WHILE STARTING a football program. Read that again: STARTING A FOOTBALL PROGRAM!!! (And I change my mind. He was the greatest coach in college football history). (Sorry Nick....deal with it....) And what he said was: "GATA!"
So to Coach Smart in the words of Coach Erk Russell I say: GATA!

Sorry for the long post Dawgs! I only do it once every NEW ERA! AND It starts in a few hours!!!

So I sign off saying thanks to all you Dawgs who care enough to rant and to disagree and watch and to care.
This program is on the BRINK of GREATNESS!
Keep giving it your best positive energy in 2016 and it will spill over to the recruits, to the new coaches, to the players!
WE ARE UGA!
Now,I raise my PBR up to all of you, and in the words of the immortal Bulldawg Lewis Grizzard, I say,:
"Its our way of life against theirs!"
GOOOOO DAWGS!!!
Happy College New Year!!!​

Great post Thang! Time to move on, get excited for the future, quit blaming admin. We now have new coaches, new President and the AD can manage as he sees fit. You are right. Lots of experience there. Love Cavan moving to be Kirby's assistant too.

Great post Thang! Time to move on, get excited for the future, quit blaming admin. We now have new coaches, new President and the AD can manage as he sees fit. You are right. Lots of experience there. Love Cavan moving to be Kirby's assistant too.
Ad is not in charge of football I like Cavan move.

Ad is not in charge of football I like Cavan move.
Howdy Dawgman94. How you figure AD is not in charge of football? "I don't get get it Big Dan?", please explain....

And I like the Cavan move as well. I think he will add valuable perspective for CKS.

Normally I try to be reserved in my enthusiasm, I guess it helps when things get bumpy. And its guaranteed they will. But in this whole change of coaching, I am all in for once and liking everything I see so far. I even liked Smart offering the 8th Grader a scholarship. With everything he had going on, it showed an ability to keep an eye to the big picture....(but I do hope in the future we stop the trend of younger and younger recruits. At a minimum we should at least make sure we have a fertized egg before we offer..... I am just saying...)

Howdy Dawgman94. How you figure AD is not in charge of football? "I don't get get it Big Dan?", please explain....

And I like the Cavan move as well. I think he will add valuable perspective for CKS.

Normally I try to be reserved in my enthusiasm, I guess it helps when things get bumpy. And its guaranteed they will. But in this whole change of coaching, I am all in for once and liking everything I see so far. I even liked Smart offering the 8th Grader a scholarship. With everything he had going on, it showed an ability to keep an eye to the big picture....(but I do hope in the future we stop the trend of younger and younger recruits. At a minimum we should at least make sure we have a fertized egg before we offer..... I am just saying...)
Well my Cousin knows Michle Kahn nephew. He told me that the only way we get Kirby is if we give him complete control of football not all of it but a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT