ADVERTISEMENT

Harbor to SC Hype

Moise

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
Living in SC and listening to local sports radio, I can't tell you how much they are over hyping Harbor. He may shock me, but I think he'll be as productive as their last 5 star- Jordan Burch. I watched all 19 minutes of his highlight film (it's a slow day) and I didn't see anything impressive. He is better as an edge rusher than he is as a receiver, and I could see a huge upside at that position. The problem is that he wants to run in the Olympics, and he takes track very seriously. To play on the edge he would have to gain 20-30 pounds, and that isn't conducive to being a world class sprinter. So, they're talking about him as a receiver, a hybrid WR-TE type, and frankly that is what you should do with a 6'5" 220 lb. sprinter. The problem is that I only saw one catch in 19 minutes of highlight film that was remotely impressive, everything else was right in his chest. I'll take our WR's and TE's that are true receivers over a track guy that is trying to be. That, and the fact that he will have to spend a lot of time on the track side of things, pretty much explains why we backed off of him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News