ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Hate to suggest this, but all things considered worthy of consideration

Captain

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
There look to be three job openings in the South after the season, possibly four. Clemson, LSU, Missouri, right now I can't see Ark giving up on Anderson he signed a strong class. My concern: I am not confident ADGM has the moxie, toughness, to target someone like Keatts and get him if DRad at Clemson goes after Keatts, nor LSU for that matter. Clemson, from what I have heard, is looking to hire the BB equal to Dabo who can build a first class program. Currently they have a Fox type guy. If Keatts is off the board, that leaves Will Wade who may not be willing to leave VCU so soon. After Wade, would we pursue Matt McCall? He has ties to Donovan and Fla as a graduate and having been on the staff with Billy D, he is young. Obviously ADGM knows him. A lot of hires are based upon an AD hiring someone who he knows due to an existing relationship due to having worked together, McCall fits. ADGM may rely upon his friend Billy Donovan for counsel and to recommend. My thought is McCall would be someone who ADGM knows, the least expensive option, we know how tight ADGM is, McCall may be who we would get. I can live with that hire if we don't get Keatts. However, if a change is forthcoming we cannot dilly dally, the aggressive AD's at Clemson and LSU will not wait around, nor can we.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News