ADVERTISEMENT

Have ya'll seen this bizarre story from Jupiter, FL?

poorpreacher

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2003

I'm not sure exactly what happened. But I'd like some details before accepting this story at face value.
"I know they feel a certain way about me, because I'm black"

What say you?

I'm not sure exactly what happened. But I'd like some details before accepting this story at face value.

What say you?
These are responses from the instagram account that first posted the story

This is complete BS. Andrew was the instigator. He was intentionally dropping in on people. He was hostile and threatening violence when he was confronted about his poor etiquette. He pursued people in the parking lot and threatened to get a gun from his car and shoot people. He's lucky her is not in jail. He even came back the next day and apologized to people and issued a video apology that was posted on social media. His behavior was completely out of line. He was a "visiting surfer" from out of town and was acting like he was the head of the Hui at V-Land. Plus, he is a novice surfer who can barely surf.

I had caught a wave and paddling back out and he caught a wave and surfed it and almost ran me over and observing his ability it appeared that he was unsteady and not in control. Therefore I had to talk to him about it and he instantly threw out that I was being racist that I was only yelling or talking to him because he was black. He’s done this at least a half a dozen times and we’re over the bullshit, there’s plenty of beaches around and if he can’t surf in control without hitting someone or coming close to hitting a Surfer , then we need to make a change. He instantly throws the racial card out there, and I expressed to him that none of us in the water are racist and we’re not gonna put up with that. so you can take your information which is one-sided and go from there. Have a great day.
https://www.instagram.com/danielleblacklyons/

As a 49 year Jupiter resident/surfer etc I feel very compelled to comment . Regardless of what happened in the water and the intricacies of surf etiquette. This story bleeds of yellow journalism. Google it is you don't understand. If only the real story got out that it was another person of color, ethnicity, who actually hung the board on the palm tree This would all be a moot point

https://www.instagram.com/pilgrimsurfsupply/

What say you?
Wondering if the photo in the story is from the actual incident or stock. Given that a ladder was used it would serve as a marker for who drove a vehicle with a ladder to the beach that day.

If it was taken from a maintenance shack then hopefully there is video of that.

We'll see what witnesses come forward.

Can't say it did or didn't happen exactly as the victim described until the investigation is completed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT