ADVERTISEMENT

Have you lost a model rocket or drone?

Dawg 'n IT

War Daddy
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2002
I lost a rocket after the first launch as a kid. My son lost a cheap drone after the first flight on Christmas years ago.

Don't think either made it to another country.

Lost my sons first rocket. We set up behind the HS, aimed it slightly into a gentle breeze. I figured that we had an adequate landing area. That rocket shot up at roughly the speed of sound and disappeared, out of sight. It must have gone at least 1000’ high. We heard the pop of the chute open, but never saw it again. I had binoculars, they were no use. We didn’t even bother to look for it. For all we know, it might have indeed entered Chinese air space.

• Haha
Reactions: Dawg 'n IT
Lost my sons first rocket. We set up behind the HS, aimed it slightly into a gentle breeze. I figured that we had an adequate landing area. That rocket shot up at roughly the speed of sound and disappeared, out of sight. It must have gone at least 1000’ high. We heard the pop of the chute open, but never saw it again. I had binoculars, they were no use. We didn’t even bother to look for it. For all we know, it might have indeed entered Chinese air space.
Needed to be labeled "one time use".

Reactions: SLC_Dawg
I guess my DJI ended up back in China, since they made it and I guess it just wanted to go home. If the Chinese look at its history, they won’t like what they see

• Haha
Reactions: Dawg 'n IT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT