ADVERTISEMENT

He should never play another snap at UGA...

PapaSweetsDawg

Emotional Hedge Fund Manager
Gold Member
Aug 25, 2003
Have you posted something like this? Think about some the most maligned players on the team this year and how they came up huge in big moments vs the #1 team in the country in the biggest game of DKR stadium history.

Arian Smith
UGA has a 3rd on 10 on our own 11-yard line. It's now a one possession game at 23-15 and Texas has ALL the momentum. Beck has already thrown 3 picks. Given Dillon Bell's early drops and Arian's 'history,' I'm certain 99.9% of the Vent would have chosen London Humphries to get that target...but Arian gets separation and gains 21 yards. Biggest play of the game...and then we saw what London did with a chance to ice it. I'm 100% certain both players will make more huge plays for UGA this season, just not 100% of the time.

Daylen Everette
Pretty obvious here, dude had the game of his life on the biggest stage. I'm glad @RightAway already apologized, saved me some research. There are so many others out there, I suggest posters start covering those up like #6 covered up Texas WRs

Ben Yurosek
Let's face it, we've seen this guy get blown up as he adjusts to SEC competition. Fans see the occasional drive-killing missed block and get frustrated. But we've heard insiders say he's progressing in practice and playing better in games. And the guy came up with some huge blocks vs that #1 defense, including on that 4th down ETN TD.

Oscar Delp
This guy has also had some drops and a fumble that almost lost us the UK game (recovered by Arian Smith, btw). Second biggest play of that championship response drive was the flea flicker and he made the play. Also had some huge blocks, as well.

Coaches aren't immune to mistakes. I'm still going to be a 9 on the "TRUST THE COACHES!!!" scale of 1 (@DawgGoesWoof) to 10 (that one poster who uses random capitalization all the time and would trust the coaches even if they forfeited the rest of our season to protest that DPI reversal). Mainly because Kirby is more competitive than the entire Vent combined, and I just can't imagine him intentionally playing any single player at any point in any game who doesn't give us the best chance to win. That was absolutely cemented both after the 2021 SECCG and during the 3rd qtr of the 2021 natty when he had every reason to switch to JTD before Stetson owned the 4th qtr. Can you imagine the blowback if we had lost that game? Some people call that being stubborn. I say it's a decision borne out of hundreds of hours of practice-watching.

I also trust Kirby's development of these players, not just the decision-making to play them. We've seen what Kirby can do whether it's a 5-star recruit or a walk-on. If someone's playing, it's for a reason. Matt Landers was one of the most frustrating players in the history of UGA football...then he went to Arkansas and somehow had a 47/901/8 season...and then earned actual NFL paychecks for awhile! Nobody could understand why we ever threw to him, but he ended up being incredibly productive -- just two years behind schedule and not in Athens, for whatever reason. But for every Matt Landers, there's a Kwame Lassiter and a Ladd McConkey, who are killing it in the NFL.

I guess the whole point of this is just to maybe think about what you post before you post, just for an extra 10 seconds even. Me included.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.