ADVERTISEMENT

Help for Masters rookie....

clisbyclark

Letterman and National Champion
Jan 31, 2008
I will be going to the Masters for the first time this weekend. Here are my goals for the trip, any advice is appreciated.

1. See as much of the course as possible as this is probably going to be a one-and-done trip.

2. See a little of the UGA golfers and maybe a glimpse of Tiger, Rory, and Phil. Experiencing the course definitely comes over seeing the golfers, though.

3. Get a 'minner cheese sandwich for cheap.

What time should I get there? Where's the best place to park? Any tips on coming down 20 from ATL or taking back roads?

Thanks!

First, you're in for an experience like no other....simply an amazing experience.

As for time....get there as early as possible....by 7:30 am.

As for parking, get off at Wheeler Road and follow the signs to Berckmans Road...there is ample free parking.

Hit the store early to get your stuff and check it.

Walk the whole course 1-18 first and then focus in on a couple of groups to follow.

Have fun!!!

There's a great app for your cell phone...

you can use to map your course and geo locate places where famous shots happened. Live streams the scores too.

Make sure to put your phone on MUTE!

My phone app yells out cool golf cheers after shots, like "mashed potatoes"

You just hold the phone camera up to the player, and it knows when his swing is over so it can yell out the Kewl phrase.

(nm)

Sure, and on the way back home we'll take a side trip to Gresham's Disco,

then go party some more at Boneshakers.

Don't listen to these chuckleheads....................

Leave your phone in the car. You can also check it at the gate, but do NOT take it onto the grounds even on mute. If they catch you with it, you're gone. Same with a camera.

Scream "Baba Booey" during Bubba's backswing on a water hole

He really gets a kick out of that.

Actually cell phones are prohibited on the grounds. ...

....as well as cameras during the tournament.

Several things . . .

. . . get there early. Gates open at 7 I believe.

I'd walk the whole course early. See all 18 holes. It's a workout, lots of elevation change that doesn't show up on TV well but it's a damn workout looping 18. I'd usually follow a morning group for a few holes, then pick another group for a few holes, and get through the 18 in a couple of hours.

Hit the gift shop on the back side of the coure behind 16 up around 5 tee. Less crowded than the main one with all the same stuff.

By the time the afternoon tee times start I always liked to find a spot to hunker down. I'd usually buy a chair, put my name on it, and set it up early in the morning where I wanted to sit in the afternoon. Don't worry, no one will mess with it. After lunch I'd grab a couple of BEERS, plop down in my chair, and then let the golfers come to me.

Been a few years but used to cut off BEER sales around 330 or 4. Plan accordingly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT