ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Henry Rifles

Bulldog_Ben

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Aug 23, 2016
Looking to by either Henry Big Boy .44 Mag or .45-70 for my dad. He grew up hunting and lost the one he grew up with in a house fire few years ago. Never had the money to buy him something like that.

anyone have any idea where I can get one in stock?

Holy crap, that’s a lot of money for a lever gun.
The problem is you can't find the damn things right now. Henry makes a nice rifle, but the price is inflated currently because Henry just doesn't make enough of them to keep them in stock. You couple that with really their only competition, Marlin, having just been bought out by Ruger causing inventories of Marlin lever rifles to dwindle and you have a real problem if you want a 45-70 lever rifle. Your only real options are Henry and Marlin. Ruger is just now releasing the first of the Ruger owned Marlin lever rifles. If you think around a thousand for a brand new Henry is high, go check prices on used Marlins.

google the UPC for the model you want (this trick works for any item with a UPC) and then copy/paste into the search bar on the gun.deals website. It will show you all the places online that sell it and if they have it in stock. Filters from least expensive to most expensive. Just be careful, if the deal is too good to be true, it very well may be. In any case, just search reviews on the company. From there, order it and have it shipped to your local FFL.

I do this all the time on gun parts, guns, etc. Have found crazy good deals doing it.

google the UPC for the model you want (this trick works for any item with a UPC) and then copy/paste into the search bar on the gun.deals website. It will show you all the places online that sell it and if they have it in stock. Filters from least expensive to most expensive. Just be careful, if the deal is too good to be true, it very well may be. In any case, just search reviews on the company. From there, order it and have it shipped to your local FFL.

I do this all the time on gun parts, guns, etc. Have found crazy good deals doing it.
Thanks man that’s awesome

Reactions: HBT_Dawgs

Good to know. I need a Henry

Reactions: HBT_Dawgs
I have a Browning BLR 308 that I really like. I haven’t looked in years to see what calibers are available or if there is still a current production model, but it’s a pleasure to shoot and has nice action.

The problem is you can't find the damn things right now. Henry makes a nice rifle, but the price is inflated currently because Henry just doesn't make enough of them to keep them in stock. You couple that with really their only competition, Marlin, having just been bought out by Ruger causing inventories of Marlin lever rifles to dwindle and you have a real problem if you want a 45-70 lever rifle. Your only real options are Henry and Marlin. Ruger is just now releasing the first of the Ruger owned Marlin lever rifles. If you think around a thousand for a brand new Henry is high, go check prices on used Marlins.
Those Marlin prices are nuts, cracks me up. I have two, but there must be several million out there. Learned to hunt with one and still make a point of hunting with my dad's every year.

Looking to by either Henry Big Boy .44 Mag or .45-70 for my dad. He grew up hunting and lost the one he grew up with in a house fire few years ago. Never had the money to buy him something like that.

Call Henry, tell them what you are looking for and they will help get one sent to a Gold Dealer in your area. I have done it twice and it works, really well. Great rifles and just love their offerings.

This is a great thread and apparently everybody knows where to get something to eat.

There are lots of them on Gun Broker in .44 Mag for around a thousand plus shipping plus transfer fee at your FFL, usually about $30. It’s easy but takes about a week. Many accept visa/MC, have to have your local gun shop email the gun dealer an FFL. Then you pick it up at your local gun shop. It works well. Best of luck. Nice thing to do for your dad. Beautiful rifles.

use a Buy It Now auction if you do not have time to bid.

Last edited:
Those Marlin prices are nuts, cracks me up. I have two, but there must be several million out there. Learned to hunt with one and still make a point of hunting with my dad's every year.
I have a marlin, but a friend in LV that shoots a lot of old style rifles, like trap doors, will know where you can buy one. I’ll post later. I’d try Impact Guns out of SLC and Hyatt Guns out of NC

Reactions: Bulldog_Ben

I buy from Sportsman's Warehouse.
Henry is a great product.
well made, and pretty.
made in WI.
I have two carbines.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT