ADVERTISEMENT

Here’s what I’ll say on fan reactions

Southern_brand

Yo Daddy
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2016
After going back and forth last night with some of y’all, I want to say this:

Everyone reacts differently to things. Some have emotional responses to their teams winning/losing and some can think more logically win their teams win/lose. You have some folks whose immediate response when their team is losing or playing awful is “I’m done! I can watch this” and you have some that can see the light in any circumstance. Let me give you an example using myself:

In June 2016, I was diagnosed with Stage 3E Hodgkins Lymphoma. I fought it for a year going through 12 rounds of chemo. I was not allowed to work during this, but even if I wanted to I rarely felt strong enough to get out of bed. One thing I think God used in my life to keep me going and to help me forget about my situation was Georgia football. To pass the time, I helped someone by posting their practice and recruiting reports. I got extremely involved with Georgia football and it helped me so much get through one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do. Because of this, I can get really emotional about my dawgs. I can get really upset when they’re lose or are playing awful and I can start crying when they win the Natty (trust me on this one. I was laying on the ground of Wild Wings balling when Ringo caught the pick 6, lol).

Bottom line is, people on the opposite end of us are going to annoy us. It’s only natural. However, just because someone reacts differently than us doesn’t make them a bad fan or a POS. At the end of the day, really need to work on showing each other more grace and not jumping on each other accusing each other of being bad fans, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News