ADVERTISEMENT

Hey climate crazies, come and repair the solar panels.

doerunn

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Jul 13, 2001
doerun and inverness
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/03/texas-hail-storm-destroys-thousands-acres-solar-farms/

The toxic chemicals in solar panels include cadmium telluride, copper indium selenide, cadmium gallium (di)selenide, copper indium gallium (di)selenide, hexafluoroethane, lead, and polyvinyl fluoride. Additionally, silicon tetrachloride, a byproduct of producing crystalline silicon, is highly toxic.Apr 30, 2018

Do solar panels contain lead and cadmium?
Hazardous waste testing on solar panels in the marketplace has indicated that different varieties of solar panels have different metals present in the semiconductor and solder. Some of these metals, like lead and cadmium, are harmful to human health and the environment at high levels.Oct 23, 2023

So much for the enviorment.
Citizen Free Press

·
Mar 25, 2024
·
@CitizenFreePres
·
Follow
Al Gore, please pick up the red emergency phone.Hail storm in Texas yesterday destroys thousands of acres of solar farms.The Climate Mafia was unavailable for comment.

Last edited:
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/03/texas-hail-storm-destroys-thousands-acres-solar-farms/

The toxic chemicals in solar panels include cadmium telluride, copper indium selenide, cadmium gallium (di)selenide, copper indium gallium (di)selenide, hexafluoroethane, lead, and polyvinyl fluoride. Additionally, silicon tetrachloride, a byproduct of producing crystalline silicon, is highly toxic.Apr 30, 2018

Hazardous waste testing on solar panels in the marketplace has indicated that different varieties of solar panels have different metals present in the semiconductor and solder. Some of these metals, like lead and cadmium, are harmful to human health and the environment at high levels.Oct 23, 2023

Citizen Free Press

·
Mar 25, 2024
·
@CitizenFreePres
·
Follow
Al Gore, please pick up the red emergency phone.Hail storm in Texas yesterday destroys thousands of acres of solar farms.The Climate Mafia was unavailable for comment.

You’re right and it’s convenient that the EPA is the primary agency pushing this stuff and they just happen to be the ones responsible for the laws involving TCLP tests that determine concentrations at which 8 metals become haz waste.

They also don’t talk about the young kids used in metal mines to retrieve these metals. There are many injuries and deaths which are written off by climate myth supporters as insignificant. But just figure in these casualties as part of the price of meeting these climate cultists wishes

Citizen Free Press
·
Mar 25, 2024
·
@CitizenFreePres
·
Follow
Yep...and there are several of these farms along I-75 from Macon to N. Florida as well. Sure it will happen here at some point.

So solar energy is bad now?
It’s great when it’s not dark, not cloudy, no hail, no tornadoes, when the carcinogenic chemicals are not leaching into the water table, when child labor is not used to extract the toxic chemicals, when you’re not enriching China, and when you don’t give a shit if the people suffer through blackouts in 100 degree summers. But the always-truthful government tells us this is what we need to do to save the earth and our democracy.

I bet they were told the panels could withstand a hailstorm.
China lies and their quality sucks. Their EV's will suck, too.
iu

Last edited:

Citizen Free Press
·
Mar 25, 2024
·
@CitizenFreePres
·
Follow
Nothing about these things is good for the environment. From strip mining material to manufacture to covering thousands of acres of forest or farmland with them.

Citizen Free Press
·
Mar 25, 2024
·
@CitizenFreePres
·
Follow
Without government subsidies solar and wind would fall in their face. When the government has to support the industry and free market won’t, there’s issues.

So solar energy is bad now?

You know the answer here, just trying to cloud the issue. Solar power is great in of itself.

Regulation and requirement by the government is bad. Provide people a fair, free cost effective method of obtaining solar, WITHOUT government mandates and involvement by the power companies, and you will see it flourish. Government control, regulation, involvement and ultimately corruption are the elements which send things like solar to its death.

But the dem response will be……. Whiny, gay, snowflake voice here……. “Wellllllll we just didn’t, like, give it enough, like, funding, you know?”

Nuclear is the ultimate of clean energy.

It’s great when it’s not dark, not cloudy, no hail, no tornadoes, when the carcinogenic chemicals are not leaching into the water table, when child labor is not used to extract the toxic chemicals, when you’re not enriching China, and when you don’t give a shit if the people suffer through blackouts in 100 degree summers. But the always-truthful government tells us this is what we need to do to save the earth and our democracy.
Don’t forget the massive loss of agricultural land that will impact the ability to feed people.

And the massive increase in government debt to pay for the subsidies.

Look at history. 2 of the biggest reasons that countries fail is debt and the inability to feed people.

About 20 years ago I studied solar when I was considering putting them on my roof. The cost was prohibitive because it takes almost 18 years to break even. The life of the panels was about 20 years. Throw in the possibly of damage from hail or other natural causes and the idea made zero sense.
The government knows this as well, that is why they are making laws which artificially increase cost of natural resource energies and subsidize the panels to skew the cost/benefit analysis. They are trying to cover up the real cost like a cat in a litter box.

Sooooooo kill the children working in the metal extraction mines abroad, poison the water table, enrich foreign companies, allow energy companies to suck back excess energy to sell again, live with constant episodes of blackouts?

You dems really are sneaky, using a technology that’s environmentally unfriendly to push environmental initiatives in order to tighten govt control over the population. Sorry pal, some of us still have a functioning brain and love of humanity.
Morning to you too… Definitely not a Dem… was just curious yalls opinions on the solar panels in south Georgia… not a bad per acre price for unirrigated farm land, but damn long lease, concrete footings everywhere, etc…

Reactions: Bells76
Morning to you too… Definitely not a Dem… was just curious yalls opinions on the solar panels in south Georgia… not a bad per acre price for unirrigated farm land, but damn long lease, concrete footings everywhere, etc…
Legit question. The problem is that they wouldn’t be getting that price if they weren’t taking our tax dollars to subsidize they solar farms.
In addition, all the environmental questions that have been buried to make these things seem innocuous. There are obvious long term questions about how they can affect that land and the possibility that solar companies go bankrupt. At this point, you don’t get that money and have a EPA superfund site on your property.
Then, either you and your family are ruined or government takes more tax dollars so we all get to pay for their short sighted boondoggle.

I didn’t think that sounded like you but sometimes get people Mixed up on here. My apologies. I should not have insulted you calling you a dem. Will delete.

My opinion, for what it’s worth is, your land, do what you wish within reason. Solar power is not the problem, it’s the government control and manipulation of it.

Reactions: seatonsdawgs
Don’t forget the massive loss of agricultural land that will impact the ability to feed people.

And the massive increase in government debt to pay for the subsidies.

Look at history. 2 of the biggest reasons that countries fail is debt and the inability to feed people.

About 20 years ago I studied solar when I was considering putting them on my roof. The cost was prohibitive because it takes almost 18 years to break even. The life of the panels was about 20 years. Throw in the possibly of damage from hail or other natural causes and the idea made zero sense.
The government knows this as well, that is why they are making laws which artificially increase cost of natural resource energies and subsidize the panels to skew the cost/benefit analysis. They are trying to cover up the real cost like a cat in a litter box.

As I understand it, unless you have a completely independent system, the power companies take back what power you have left over from the panels. I checked into a solar system for a cabin but decided it was too much hassle for what it was.

You know the answer here, just trying to cloud the issue. Solar power is great in of itself.

Regulation and requirement by the government is bad. Provide people a fair, free cost effective method of obtaining solar, WITHOUT government mandates and involvement by the power companies, and you will see it flourish. Government control, regulation, involvement and ultimately corruption are the elements which send things like solar to its death.

But the dem response will be……. Whiny, gay, snowflake voice here……. “Wellllllll we just didn’t, like, give it enough, like, funding, you know?”

THIS, THIS, THIS!! For the life of me I cannot understand why we do not pursue nuclear energy. Put all the funds from solar and wind into nuclear energy today. It's clean and provides substantially more power than the alternatives. Two more plants in Georgia would almost cover our state for power. Think about that.
And before anyone points out the dangers, I would say consider the damage of mining all these minerals like cadmium and lithium and then the issues with disposal of said minerals. Nuclear has never been safer. Is there risk. Of course! But compared to the days of Three Mile Island and Russia, they are exceptionally safer.
JC

THIS, THIS, THIS!! For the life of me I cannot understand why we do not pursue nuclear energy. Put all the funds from solar and wind into nuclear energy today. It's clean and provides substantially more power than the alternatives. Two more plants in Georgia would almost cover our state for power. Think about that.
And before anyone points out the dangers, I would say consider the damage of mining all these minerals like cadmium and lithium and then the issues with disposal of said minerals. Nuclear has never been safer. Is there risk. Of course! But compared to the days of Three Mile Island and Russia, they are exceptionally safer.
JC
The reason we don’t pursue nuclear is it would be a giant blow to the climate cult. The climate cult is part of the regime therefore what’s bad for the climate cult is bad for the regime and the regime can’t have that.

Hydropower is.

It’s been 30 years since the last hailstorm like that hit the east side of Atlanta. I remember it well, the lillypads on my small pond were shredded, my trees were shredded, my daylillies were shredded. I don’t think the storm was wide spread, so there might have been more storms of the same magnitude since. My wife was at work so her car was undamaged, and I was at work in Decatur in a parking deck about to leave to pick my brother up at the airport. The people in Texas were unlucky, yes, but it’s only a matter of time.

My county has a moratorium on solar farms just for that reason. They don’t want to stick the taxpayers with the bill for cleanup and demolition when the farm goes out of business.

Reactions: stray
Where are all the libs on this post to come in defense?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT