ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Political Dawg Buddies!

PotimusWillie

B2B Caffeinated Nat’l Champion
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2009
We all have friends on here that we don’t agree with politically. And that is OK.

What's not OK are the attacks. Not the attacks about a candidate, they earn it, at each other.

My hand is raised, I am guilty. Enough said. Done.

There are guys on this board that I consider as friends. We spit and push, and sometimes cross the line, then get over it. Honestly, as long as we can get over it, it’s really OK.

It gets heated, and we go at it, but it comes back later in a courtesy comment or two in another thread.

The issues we arm wrestle about are important to all of us, but we view the consequence differently.

Climate
Energy Independence
State Sovereignty
Parent Authority
School Board Authoriry
Abortion
Taxes
Sexual Identity
Race
Military
History
Reparations
Freedom of speech
Immigration
Social Security

These are just the highlighted topics we argue about and issues that divide the political parties.

I am going to bring up one topic per day. In ten sentence lines or less, explain your position, your point.

No opinions on what others think. Just state your position, take a deep breath, then slowly back away from the keyboard.

The topic of the day is climate (10 sentence lines or less)

PW response: I do not believe we are catastrophically harming the climate. I believe the climate issue is a global control mechanism that is choking the U.S. to its knees and destroying the middle class. I believe a country should always look for cleaner fuel options, but not destroy families in the process. Energy independence should be the first option. The transition to cleaner options should come gradually, as not to disrupt the economy. It should not be forced on the taxpayer who pays the bills. Global agenda does not feed our children.

We all have friends on here that we don’t agree with politically.

Matthew 12:30

He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

2 John 1:10-11

If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: for he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

The meaning is clear. Stay away from them.
Honestly, we should not even acknowledge them on this board. But certainly we should not socialize with them.

We all have friends on here that we don’t agree with politically. And that is OK.

What's not OK are the attacks. Not the attacks about a candidate, they earn it, at each other.

There are guys on this board that I consider as friends. We spit and push, and sometimes cross the line, then get over it. Honestly, as long as we can get over it, it’s really OK.

It gets heated, and we go at it, but it comes back later in a courtesy comment or two in another thread.

The issues we arm wrestle about are important to all of us, but we view the consequence differently.

Climate
Energy Independence
State Sovereignty
Parent Authority
School Board Authoriry
Abortion
Taxes
Sexual Identity
Race
Military
History
Reparations
Freedom of speech
Immigration
Social Security

These are just the highlighted topics we argue about and issues that divide the political parties.

I am going to bring up one topic per day. In ten sentence lines or less, explain your position, your point.

No opinions on what others think. Just state your position, take a deep breath, then slowly back away from the keyboard.

PW response: I do not believe we are catastrophically harming the climate. I believe the climate issue is a global control mechanism that is choking the U.S. to its knees and destroying the middle class. I believe a country should always look for cleaner fuel options, but not destroy families in the process. Energy independence should be the first option. The transition to cleaner options should come gradually, as not to disrupt the economy. It should not be forced on the taxpayer who pays the bills. Global agenda does not feed our children.
I am not friends with the people diametrically opposed to my platform but I pray for them as I would my brother.

Climate
Energy Independence
State Sovereignty
Parent Authority
School Board Authoriry
Abortion
Taxes
Sexual Identity
Race
Military
History
Reparations
Freedom of speech
Immigration
Social Security

Coming from someone who considers you a friend, it is a good idea.
I just don't think it will be civil unless everyone thinks exactly alike.
Maybe I am wrong, but I doubt it.

Reactions: PotimusWillie

Climate
Energy Independence
State Sovereignty
Parent Authority
School Board Authoriry
Abortion
Taxes
Sexual Identity
Race
Military
History
Reparations
Freedom of speech
Immigration
Social Security

As a scientist, I concede that the combustion of fossil fuels is at an all time high in the world and simple chemistry says that for every molecule of fuel burned results in carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide released to the atmosphere. And there is credible evidence that our atmosphere is over-saturated with carbon dioxide (acidification of oceans and lakes, acid rain, etc). But to me, the science has failed to correlate high CO2 levels to global warming and the like. But like everything else these days, it's being politicized and most of the info coming out that says it's responsible for global warming is coming from politicians, not scientists.

IMHO, the jury is still out on CO2 levels and global warming...

He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: for he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Honestly, we should not even acknowledge them on this board. But certainly we should not socialize with them.

your reply could be ascertained as a Means to Life, ?

I no longer fight demons.
it's simple.
it's easy to see our friends.
it's hard to have a Real political discussion with a 30 year old.
I was once that 30 year old ,Yoked...
the sun moves in a realtive way.

"shed the yoke!"

pug

What about your opinion? That is all I asked.

Reactions: blackpug6
i would agree with your views on climate.. perhaps even more so on the global level. The United Nations global climate initiative is actually a massive wealth distribution scheme. unter The Paris Accords, 2 of the Worlds largest polluters, India and China, are actually allowed to INCREASE their carbon Footprint until 2035. Western Industrialized nations are transferring vast amounts of wealth to 3rd world countries under this plan.

climate “science” is far from proven, and an effective global energy strategy, that protects economies, should include carbon-based energy, renewables, where appropriate, AND nuclear. We should reduce carbon footprint and continue on an evolutionary transition, that does not disrupt economies or transfer wealth.

As a scientist, I concede that the combustion of fossil fuels is at an all time high in the world and simple chemistry says that for every molecule of fuel burned results in carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide released to the atmosphere. And there is credible evidence that our atmosphere is over-saturated with carbon dioxide (acidification of oceans and lakes, acid rain, etc). But to me, the science has failed to correlate high CO2 levels to global warming and the like. But like everything else these days, it's being politicized and most of the info coming out that says it's responsible for global warming is coming from politicians, not scientists.

IMHO, the jury is still out on CO2 levels and global warming...
Plant more trees. Make more oxygen

Climate change is just one of many issues that show how extreme both parties have become. The Dems want the US to incur trillions of dollars in expenses to reduce CO2 emissions. These measures won't do a damn thing to help climate change if the rest of the world doesn't get on board. The Pubs stance is just as ludicrous, which is the world is not getting any warmer.

Sensible folks (if there are any) on both sides of the aisle need to recognize the problems of climate change, and figure out worldwide solutions that will have a positive effect. This won't be easy, may be impossible, but climate change is causing more and more problems (no King Crab to catch in Alaska due to the warming waters, droughts, severe hurricanes, etc,)

What about your opinion? That is all I asked.
That is my opinion.
I know it seems hard and it is; both hard as in strict and hard as in difficult to do.
However, after much research and prayer it has been shown to me as the truth.
I give you the words of Jesus.
Luke 12:51-52
51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.

Reactions: blackpug6
Climate change is just one of many issues that show how extreme both parties have become. The Dems want the US to incur trillions of dollars in expenses to reduce CO2 emissions. These measures won't do a damn thing to help climate change if the rest of the world doesn't get on board. The Pubs stance is just as ludicrous, which is the world is not getting any warmer.

Sensible folks (if there are any) on both sides of the aisle need to recognize the problems of climate change, and figure out worldwide solutions that will have a positive effect. This won't be easy, may be impossible, but climate change is causing more and more problems (no King Crab to catch in Alaska due to the warming waters, droughts, severe hurricanes, etc,)
That is my opinion.
I know it seems hard and it is; both hard as in strict and hard as in difficult to do.
However, after much research and prayer it has been shown to me as the truth.
I give you the words of Jesus.
Luke 12:51-52
51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
I asked your opinion on climate issues. Are you capable of that? As a Christian, I am capable and feel other Christians are capable of answering a simple question.

Preaching to the choir doesn’t answer the asked. No trying to pick a fight here but I did ask a simple question.

I asked your opinion on climate issues. Are you capable of that? As a Christian, I am capable and feel other Christians are capable of answering a simple question.

Preaching to the choir doesn’t answer the asked. No trying to pick a fight here but I did ask a simple question.
You are right. I went on a tangent. I apologize.

Climate
Energy Independence
State Sovereignty
Parent Authority
School Board Authoriry
Abortion
Taxes
Sexual Identity
Race
Military
History
Reparations
Freedom of speech
Immigration
Social Security

While Earth’s climate has changed throughout its history, the current warming is happening at a rate not seen in the past 10,000 years. Since systematic scientific assessments began in the 1970s, the influence of human activity on the warming of the climate system has evolved from theory to established fact. Scientific information taken from natural sources (such as ice cores, rocks, and tree rings) and from modern equipment (like satellites and instruments) all show the signs of a changing climate. From global temperature rise to melting ice sheets, the evidence of a warming planet abounds. (Credit NASA)

So the only question at this point is, how do we balance the massive future disruption to agriculture and populated areas vulnerable to climate change (too much or not enough water) against the economic disruption caused by an aggressive commitment to battling man-made climate change.

Last edited:
But we, as adults, can answer simple questions to express our opinions without mentioning someone else’s opinion to justify our opinion……
Yes, I will always be courteous regardless. You are one of my favorites on this site because you rarely get into personal attacks. Much appreciation for your site contributions, Sir. God bless.

While Earth’s climate has changed throughout its history, the current warming is happening at a rate not seen in the past 10,000 years. Since systematic scientific assessments began in the 1970s, the influence of human activity on the warming of the climate system has evolved from theory to established fact. Scientific information taken from natural sources (such as ice cores, rocks, and tree rings) and from modern equipment (like satellites and instruments) all show the signs of a changing climate. From global temperature rise to melting ice sheets, the evidence of a warming planet abounds. (Credit NASA)

So the only question at this point is, how do we balance the massive future disruption to agriculture and populated areas vulnerable to climate change (too much or not enough water) against the economic disruption caused by an aggressive commitment to battling man-made climate change.

will, you only get an 80% on your test score. I just wanted your opinion….. Have a good day will!

So it has done this before!! Before we were here and all our cars/suv's and trucks.

will, you only get an 80% on your test score. I just wanted your opinion….. Have a good day will!
Well, when an expert source perfectly encapsulates my POV, I tend to use it for the sake of clarity and brevity! I was a history major, so this approach is deeply engrained.

Having said that, I’ll take a respectable 80 all day every day!

Well, when an expert source perfectly encapsulates my POV, I tend to use it for the sake of clarity and brevity! I was a history major, so this approach is deeply engrained.

Having said that, I’ll take a respectable 80 all day every day!
Absolutely!

Simple, I believe climate change is real. I am not convinced that man is the chief culprit to the extreme of the other party. I think we should gradually switch most industries to clean energy but systematically and methodically over time. We are not equipped with the infrastructure nor can most people afford to purchase an electric vehicle as many are pushing for today.

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
Let’s just say climate change is real. I’m not a scientist, meaning I have no clue. If someone on here thinks it’s real, great.
But…….the US is not nearly the entire problem. Unless and until China, India, South America, hell, the almost rest of the industrialized world, gets on board, US efforts are for naught.

Climate
Energy Independence
State Sovereignty
Parent Authority
School Board Authoriry
Abortion
Taxes
Sexual Identity
Race
Military
History
Reparations
Freedom of speech
Immigration
Social Security

The land on which I live was once covered with water and inhabited by meglodons. talk about climate change. Yeah it’s happening. Always has. Always will.

The land on which I live was once covered with water and inhabited by meglodons. talk about climate change. Yeah it’s happening. Always has. Always will.
Right...if it weren't for global warming we'd still be in the Ice Age.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT