ADVERTISEMENT

High gas prices worth it for 'future of liberal world order,’ White House economics adviser tells CNN.

Kylo Ren

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Dec 27, 2015

So the high gas prices are very important in keeping up their plan on a liberal world order.. have our local liberals gotten the emails about this future order being built?
I read that headline and assumed that it was either an opinion piece or Fox had added the word “liberal” for dramatic effect. But low and behold, this guy really said this. How tone deaf can you be? Here’s to hoping this guy stumps for Biden or whoever else they put up in 2024.

So the high gas prices are very important in keeping up their plan on a liberal world order.. have our local liberals gotten the emails about this future order being built?
You can't crush the spirit of the individual and force the radical agenda without controls.

Exactly why the progressive libs are the most dangerous group out there today. Who talks like that? White nationalists? Professional wrestlers? A very small population of people. The liberal world order is a much larger group. And way more dangerous, and these days just as disgusting.

Last edited:
Where are the site's liberals at? Why aren't they defending this?
They won’t. Because outside of coocoo and shonuff, there aren’t any real liberals. And coocoo is a fake character. Maybe marmot. Will isn’t progressive. He just has tds. Same with Mitchell and kckd. Celtic is also a moderate with tds. Shonuff, likely isn’t this progressive. They go after trump. And rarely defend Biden. Or even respond to anything posted about him. They won’t support it or defend it. They know this is batshit crazy. Actually, easychair would support this. But only by calling people against it rednecks or racists.

He literally said this in reference to beating Putin as the war in Ukraine is the reason for globally high gas prices.

Should Ukraine surrender so the world can purchase Russian oil again, thus lowering prices in the US?

Reactions: CocoDawg
He literally said this in reference to beating Putin as the war in Ukraine is the reason for globally high gas prices.

Should Ukraine surrender so the world can purchase Russian oil again, thus lowering prices in the US?

lebowski.gif

Wtf man… then please tell us what the liberal world order is and how it’s good for my family… honest question for you and the other progressive geniuses on the Chat…

Reactions: cherrydawg

ALL this money and support given…..and they will take Ukraine anyway.

lebowski.gif

Wtf man… then please tell us what the liberal world order is and how it’s good for my family… honest question for you and the other progressive geniuses on the Chat…
I mean the liberal world order was established and led by the US post WWII and has lead to the emergence of our level of wealth and power, but I’m sure your family hasn’t benefited in any way…

And to explain to you what the liberal world order is, it is an ideological order, based on liberal ideas and values that include open and free trade, liberal democratic governance, universal human rights, collective security, international institutions, and the rule of law. The alternative are communist and totalitarian regimes that threaten this ideology like Russia, China, Iran, etc. The liberal world order has nothing to do with the left or American politics.

Being against it would be a strange side to be on…

Last edited:
Reactions: CocoDawg

That is what we call a false dichotomy. An energy independent nation doesn't necessarily face that choice. The fact that after 18 months of this BS we are no longer energy independent is the real issue. If we were still an energy independent nation, Biden would have the leverage to make demands. As it stands now, he doesn't.

That is what we call a false dichotomy. An energy independent nation doesn't necessarily face that choice. The fact that after 18 months of this BS we are no longer energy independent is the real issue. If we were still an energy independent nation, Biden would have the leverage to make demands. As it stands now, he doesn't.
So which of these countries did Biden raise gas prices?

Also, we are independent for natural gas, why has the price gone from $2 to ~$8 since a year ago?

Also, we are independent for natural gas, why has the price gone from $2 to ~$8 since a year ago?

You really need to work on your reading comprehension.

If the US turned on the spigots, which is under the administration's control via courts, permitting, licensing, and taxing, including restoring reasonable environmental impact fees, the US could change the world supply and demand curve fairly quickly, which would lower global oil pricing. The administration is well aware of this. The first beneficiary, of course, would be the cost of domestically produced oil in the United States.

I’m no rocket scientist, but I think that graphic is useless for comparability. For instance, gas taxes in Euro are sometimes $3+ per gal, and varies around the world (and we have one of the lowest in the world). That is also aside from the fact that consumptions aren’t comparable, same with our production versus all of them.

Belgium? In July 2021 their gas was $7.38 USD/gal
UK? $7.12 per gal a year ago
Brazil? $4.35 a year ago
France? $7.38 a year ago
Mexico is marginally increased from a year ago.

Uh, I almost felt wokely triggered reading that. I now feel officially unsafe.

Reactions: cherrydawg
They won’t. Because outside of coocoo and shonuff, there aren’t any real liberals. And coocoo is a fake character. Maybe marmot. Will isn’t progressive. He just has tds. Same with Mitchell and kckd. Celtic is also a moderate with tds. Shonuff, likely isn’t this progressive. They go after trump. And rarely defend Biden. Or even respond to anything posted about him. They won’t support it or defend it. They know this is batshit crazy. Actually, easychair would support this. But only by calling people against it rednecks or racists.
I agree with most of your posts but you have been hoodwinked by some of those you list as "not progressive". They are just like dogfood, (claimed to be a Reagan voter) they claim to not be progressive, while having voted for 2 of the most progressive presidents in our history. Will especially tries his best to come off as some smooth independent thinker, but go back and look at everything he posts. He defends brandon and his son and brandons ukraine and china dealings. Yes they all have TDS, but will is also very much in favor of dim policies. He may say brandon is bad but he isn't saying that about policy if you really look at it. He is just not smooth at killing the country like odumba. He had defended lots of brandons policy positions, including killing the pipeline and all the other energy independence moves he has made, and worse than that. He just said yesterday he agrees with baby murder, forcing perverted sex on young children and all sorts of other morally reprehensible progressive lib policies. Don't let him suck you in with his pretty words. He is slick. All those people jump in and defend what is happening in the country now. They voted for it. They don't think they made a mistake. They will do it again if Trump is the nominee and I think most will vote dim no matter who.. If I'm not mistaken celtic has even spoken out about how awful DeSantis is. I'm just saying if you really look at what they say, they really don't like pub policy or Trump. Be careful. You might be swayed to believe all the lies just like they have been swayed by the media and dim talking points.

PS Will has also claimed the economy is hot under brandon and that obuma did a good job with the economy. SMH thats pretty lib if you ask me.

You really need to work on your reading comprehension.

If the US turned on the spigots, which is under the administration's control via courts, permitting, licensing, and taxing, including restoring reasonable environmental impact fees, the US could change the world supply and demand curve fairly quickly, which would lower global oil pricing. The administration is well aware of this. The first beneficiary, of course, would be the cost of domestically produced oil in the United States.
How would we refine it, or are you just assuming we’d put crude in our car?

How would we refine it, or are you just assuming we’d put crude in our car?
We have less refinery capacity than a year ago, thanks to the lunatics in Washington, but we've still got a chunk of refineries and some that could be put back in service.

Mexico has excess capacity that we transport oil past on its way to Texas from the Gulf. They just opened a brand new refinery and don't have much, if any, work lined up.

There's the old Hess refinery in St. Croix. Used to be the largest in the world. That's been partially recommissioned and I believe the current owner is working to reopen more of it. Congress has a long history of subsidizing industry in the Caribbean Basin, so that might be a good direction to throw a few bucks, some engineers and a couple of work crews. The islanders take forever to do anything.

Reactions: SLC_Dawg
I mean the liberal world order was established and led by the US post WWII and has lead to the emergence of our level of wealth and power, but I’m sure your family hasn’t benefited in any way…

And to explain to you what the liberal world order is, it is an ideological order, based on liberal ideas and values that include open and free trade, liberal democratic governance, universal human rights, collective security, international institutions, and the rule of law. The alternative are communist and totalitarian regimes that threaten this ideology like Russia, China, Iran, etc. The liberal world order has nothing to do with the left or American politics.

Being against it would be a strange side to be on…
It’s obvious a lot of people slept through history and government classes throughout HS.

Reactions: jbpayne32

First, Ukraine isn’t going to win.

Second, Russia will sell its gas to China, NPRK and anyone else willing to buy (and there are plenty). I just read where Russia has received record oil revenues so far this year, so Biden’s plan to harm Russia, as all his plans, failed.

Biden is now the worst, having surpassed Carter. Virtually every liberal friend of mine confirms he’s bad. But, lets get to nub. What’s your take on Harris, Garland, Buttigieg and Mayorkas?

There's the old Hess refinery in St. Croix.
Sure, it shut down a decade ago after becoming one of the worst environmental disasters in history, but sounds feasible. Was Washington to blame for damaging the 255,600-bpd Alliance, Louisiana, refinery, following extensive damage from last year's Hurricane Ida? Shell shut another ~250k barrel refinery in 2020 (prior President) due to the pandemic. The loss in refinery capacity is from private companies making decisions for their shareholders and not because of Biden.

Sure, it shut down a decade ago after becoming one of the worst environmental disasters in history, but sounds feasible. Was Washington to blame for damaging the 255,600-bpd Alliance, Louisiana, refinery, following extensive damage from last year's Hurricane Ida? Shell shut another ~250k barrel refinery in 2020 (prior President) due to the pandemic. The loss in refinery capacity is from private companies making decisions for their shareholders and not because of Biden.
It might surprise you to know that a lot of work has been done on that site in the past 10 years, since you seem to have missed that. Part of it (not sure how much) is open today and they are working on the rest. Two things slow that down.

One is how much revenue the current owner is reinvesting in the plant. The other is Caribbean labor standards, which are not high, but you have to use a certain percentage of local labor if you want to get anything done. Hence my comment, which you also managed to ignore, that an infusion of government cash and engineers could move that right along.

I didn't say anything about the Alliance refinery, but it might shock you to learn that it is not the only refinery in North America. We have more than a hundred others. In fact, there are at least 5 idle refineries in the US right now that could be fired up at any time.

There's a large scale refinery that's supposed to come on line in North Dakota within the next year. The government could help that along by not dragging their feet (as usual) on inspections and permitting.

We have less because of government pressure to shut down or convert some refinery capacity to other uses. You might have read that a major Texas refinery might be shutting down ahead of schedule in the face of needed repairs, with the US Government imposed permit restrictions and increased environmental regulations, despite the US already having the strictest environmental requirements in the world for refiners. It becomes economically infeasible to repair a facility under these conditions when the federal government is publicly promising to shut down the industry. If the feds back off the rhetoric and acts more cooperatively, suddenly it becomes feasible to keep that facility producing.

Like it or not, the federal government plays a major role in the economics of domestic fuel production. They continue to throw more and more red tape at producers, and every move makes the product more expensive.

Oil and gas is highly regulated in this country, with multiple points of contact with federal, state and local government. All have an impact on the industry, but none more than the federal government, with the tightest industry regulations on the planet for oil and gas. I wrote a couple of quick summaries about the impact of the federal government on the industry here, and here. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT