ADVERTISEMENT

How bout them dawgs...

Eastmandawg

Circle of Honor
May 29, 2001
:
HeftyFlusteredAnnelida-size_restricted.gif

My Uncle told me a number of years ago while on a coon hunt. The old male dog sits at the bottom of the tree and barks while the young dogs try and climb the tree. One gets up 25 feet and is stuck sideways and my Uncle said," boy don't try to climb no tree you can't get down". Applied to many wimmins I attempted to climb.. 65

Not to challenge the Leopard Dog climbing a tree, but good coon dogs are fun to listen to as they track a coon, then tree him (a totally different bark than their tracking bark)......My college room mate was a big coon hunter.......We went coon hunting many nights in the swamps of the Ohoopee River......Caught a few coons along the way, got lost a few times (not hard to do in the night), drank some shine a few times, froze our @$$ off a few times, cussed the dogs a few times (for tracking deer often times resulting in an all night adventure finding the dogs), waded waist deep beaver ponds, but all in all, it was fun......Years ago, many country folks had coon dogs, but only a select few had a good coon dog......Coon hunting is a dying breed, as only a very few want to spend their evenings chasing dogs in the woods anymore........
walker-coon-hound-baying-tree-pair-has-raccoon-barks-lively-waiting-hunter-to-arrive-39244979.jpg

Not to challenge the Leopard Dog climbing a tree, but good coon dogs are fun to listen to as they track a coon, then tree him (a totally different bark than their tracking bark)......My college room mate was a big coon hunter.......We went coon hunting many nights in the swamps of the Ohoopee River......Caught a few coons along the way, got lost a few times (not hard to do in the night), drank some shine a few times, froze our @$$ off a few times, cussed the dogs a few times (for tracking deer often times resulting in an all night adventure finding the dogs), waded waist deep beaver ponds, but all in all, it was fun......Years ago, many country folks had coon dogs, but only a select few had a good coon dog......Coon hunting is a dying breed, as only a very few want to spend their evenings chasing dogs in the woods anymore........
walker-coon-hound-baying-tree-pair-has-raccoon-barks-lively-waiting-hunter-to-arrive-39244979.jpg

True dat, been coon hunting a few times. It is indeed a different bark.

Also use to go swim at the Ohoopee growing up, it was between Vidalia and Reidsville...right off the highway down below the bridge. Had a swinging road there.

We were too poor to have a pool, but the river was good enough for me. Good times!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT