ADVERTISEMENT

How I think the Willis Case will shake out

poorpreacher

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2003
I think the judge is afraid of the social and political consequences of removing Fani Willis from the case.

I think he will deny the motion to remove her, saying that Georgia law is unclear about the standard for removal, leaving him no choice.

I think when the DA and Special prosecutor have committed perjury you have sufficient grounds for removal.

There are a half dozen other legitimate reasons to remove Willis and Wade. But I don't think the judge has the guts to do it.

He will be forever wear the label of "racist" for one thing. And then he will be an enemy of the Democratic Party.

If I'm Donald Trump, I'm preparing to appeal my conviction with the GA Supreme Court. It's going to happen, despite whatever defense is presented. His guilt has already been decided.

My guess is the judge's thought process is: "I'll leave her on, and let someone else worry about getting it right"

Cover his butt and pass it off.

I believe that outcome to be a very strong possibility.

I think the judge is afraid of the social and political consequences of removing Fani Willis from the case.

I think he will deny the motion to remove her, saying that Georgia law is unclear about the standard for removal, leaving him no choice.

I think when the DA and Special prosecutor have committed perjury you have sufficient grounds for removal.

There are a half dozen other legitimate reasons to remove Willis and Wade. But I don't think the judge has the guts to do it.

He will be forever wear the label of "racist" for one thing. And then he will be an enemy of the Democratic Party.

If I'm Donald Trump, I'm preparing to appeal my conviction with the GA Supreme Court. It's going to happen, despite whatever defense is presented. His guilt has already been decided.

My guess is the judge's thought process is: "I'll leave her on, and let someone else worry about getting it right"

If I’m trump I don’t want fanni DQ’d.

I have no problem with her being kicked off. If she lied under oath, she should be IMO.
That being said, that has nothing to do with Trump's guilt or innocents, or the facts of the case.
But it is indeed a very bad look.

I have no problem with her being kicked off. If she lied under oath, she should be IMO.
That being said, that has nothing to do with Trump's guilt or innocents, or the facts of the case.
1) did she commit perjury? Has that been ruled on?
2) She would be replaced by someone with likely more skill so that may not work out well for Trump

Reactions: mitchelldawg
I believe that outcome to be a very strong possibility.

And its sickening to me

Willis and Wade lied on numerous occasions, about their relationship, under oath
There is reason to believe Willis benefitted financially by hiring her lover
Willis spoke about the case, playing the race card, at an African American Church.
Wade billed for time conferring with White House counsel, before the indicting Donald Trump

Ethics and professionalism have been trashed in this case....But I'm guessing the judge will ignore every bit of that, to protect himself.

Reactions: zingerdawg

I agree.

Verdict aside, this office has no business being on this case.

She denied under oath, that her relationship with Wade started before she hired him.

However:
1. Her best friend contradicted that testimony
2. Wade's lawyer contradicted that testimony
3. Cell phone records contradict that testimony
4. An additional witness (Deputy DA in Cobb) is prepared to contradict that testimony

Reactions: mitchelldawg
1) did she commit perjury? Has that been ruled on?
2) She would be replaced by someone with likely more skill so that may not work out well for Trump
I guess only the accused know the answer to that. If she did, she should be removed.

If I’m trump I don’t want fanni DQ’d.
Agreed. I think it was over the weekend I saw where the evidence used for the indictment was obtained illegally, via a recorded phone call where the staffer from Kemp's office was in Florida. If that is true, then once the Fanni mess is past us I would expect a motion to dismiss based on the improper evidence.

Edit: found the article
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/2...tion_began_with_illegal_recording_619408.html

Reactions: JackRussellDawg

Anything is possible.

I think you’re exactly right, he gave something to Trump, now he’ll give something to willis

I agree.

She denied under oath, that her relationship with Wade started before she hired him.

However:
4. An additional witness (Deputy DA in Cobb) is prepared to contradict that testimony
Wades lawyers text messages contradicted her. He couldn’t remember, even though he was the town gossip and sent the same to merchant.

Wades lawyers text messages contradicted her. He couldn’t remember, even though he was the town gossip and sent the same to merchant.

Yes. Bradley's texts to Merchant contradicted Willis' testimony. Then when she put him on the stand, he suddenly developed amnesia.

Reactions: SLC_Dawg
I did like when he was presented with a really damning text. Read it and silent said dang. lol. If that isn’t a killer for Fani nothing will be

To me, the "church speech" alone should disqualify her. Suggesting God is on your side, to potential jurors, in a church is completely unethical.

But I don't think there is anything Willis could have done, to get removed., in the judge's eyes.

He's scared. So to heck with silly details like perjury, ethics, and rules. He's going to let this circus go on, and let the appellate courts figure it out.

I agree.

However:
I'm in the process of moving back home to Ga, so I have been following this case and reading the AJC everyday. I am convinced that these so called best friend and the other lawyer are not sincere in their answers. I could be wrong but I didn't see this as a good situation for Trump one way or the other. I believe it benefits him if she stays on the case but hurts him if she is removed. The judge is in a tough spot because if he removes her the race card will come up but she should be removed because she had no business discussing anything in front of her church audience. I don't personally care for Trump because I think his rhetoric is at times racist and divisive but he deserves a fair trail. I don't like the fact that he called officials in Ga applying pressure to fine the extra votes that he needed.

To me, the "church speech" alone should disqualify her. Suggesting God is on your side, to potential jurors, in a church is completely unethical.

But I don't think there is anything Willis could have done, to get removed., in the judge's eyes.

He's scared. So to heck with silly details like perjury, ethics, and rules. He's going to let this circus go on, and let the appellate courts figure it out.
If I were to lay a bet in Vegas, I would go with this post. But, she lied to the court under oath. That type of person can't stay.

Reactions: aadco and Djac719
I'm in the process of moving back home to Ga, so I have been following this case and reading the AJC everyday. I am convinced that these so called best friend and the other lawyer are not sincere in their answers. I could be wrong but I didn't see this as a good situation for Trump one way or the other. I believe it benefits him if she stays on the case but hurts him if she is removed. The judge is in a tough spot because if he removes her the race card will come up but she should be removed because she had no business discussing anything in front of her church audience. I don't personally care for Trump because I think his rhetoric is at times racist and divisive but he deserves a fair trail. I don't like the fact that he called officials in Ga applying pressure to fine the extra votes that he needed.

Good post.

Her privilege will keep her on the case

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT