ADVERTISEMENT

How many offensive points can we put up against Bama?

Chew Dawg

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
NYC
First off, if you want to finger wag me with some stupid, lame ass comment to the tune of "let's just worry about Ole Miss" stfu and go kick the largest rock you can find because Bama is on my mind and that's what I want to talk about.

Anyway...

Now that it's virtually assured we'll see them in the SECC, my mind goes back to this question.

Each time we've played them in our recent history, I've gone into the game thinking we'd need our offense to put up at least 30, and preferably 35+ to win the game.

And yet a Kirby team has never scored more than 28 offensive points against Bama, and UGA has only reached 30 points on offense against Saban once (when we got our ass beat in the 2008 blackout).

Once again, the 30 - 35 range feels like the sweet spot we'll need to reach to pull out an SECC win. Can Bobo and Beck break through that ceiling? What does the offensive game plan need to be for that to happen?

I'm of the mind that the SECC game needs to be the Brock, Ladd, and Daijun show. We've spread the ball around and kept players fresh throughout the season, but once Bama rolls around: feed the top guys and let them win the game.

Curious to know how y'all see it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News