ADVERTISEMENT

How Much Traction Are The AJC Hit Pieces Really Getting?

Jug Tavern Dawg

Last of the Full-Grown Men
Gold Member
Jun 23, 2001
Winder
I know it's been picked up by ESPN and other "news" outlets, and it's certainly being used against us on the recruiting trail, but is it really generating the level of outrage and public condemnation the AJC seeks?

The reason I ask this is because, on a personal level, I'm not seeing it. This is obviously an unscientific observation, but as I've mentioned here previously I grew up 15 miles from Clemson and graduated HS in the early 80's when that rivalry was at it's zenith. Because of that I have way too many Clempson friends than a Dawg should have, and they all universally despise UGA. And they've never been shy about sharing that with me. Since Facebook became a thing, over the years it was a certainty I would be tagged in any/EVERY story about our football players' scooter tickets, suspended licenses, underage drinking, etc.. It was predictable as the swallows return to Capistrano.

But since the accident, and continuing through the most recent AJC hit piece, I haven't received any gloating, finger pointing, "you're all a bunch of thugs!" messages/tags like I used to receive regularly. None. The same is true in 1-on-1 conversations with other rival fans about the upcoming season. Based on history (particularly with 2 of my most mouthy buddies), I'm really surprised because this is the type of red meat they would usually shred like hyenas.

Am I just lucky or is anyone else experiencing the same?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News