ADVERTISEMENT

Huge W by Louisiana let’s hope Georgia is next

Not a single good reason? When did the literacy rates start to down in the US?

Do you think the most of the principles that are outlined in the 10 commandments are beneficial to our society?

California Senate approves ban on requiring schools to notify parents of child’s pronoun change​

Oh so you’re talking about freedom from religion then?
I'm talking about the state not requiring the display of one over the other. All or nothing. Not all kids and teachers in school are Christians. Would you feel the same way if the state required the display of Muslim faith items? I bet not...

I don't want religion forced on anyone. This is forcing the issue. It's stupid and fiscally irresponsible.

I'm talking about the state not requiring the display of one over the other. All or nothing. Not all kids and teachers in school are Christians. Would you feel the same way if the state required the display of Muslim faith items? I bet not...

I don't want religion forced on anyone. This is forcing the issue. It's stupid and fiscally irresponsible.
This nation was founded on the Christian principles not on the Muslim principles. Like I posted before when you immigrate to this country you are supposed to adopt too a new way of life. You accept and assimilate and learn English to be inclusive in this nation. You don’t come here and bring you nation with you. That’s what’s wrong with this country now. All of the immigrants and minorities want to make a nation within a nation.

This nation was founded on the Christian principles not on the Muslim principles. Like I posted before when you immigrate to this country you are supposed to adopt too a new way of life. You accept and assimilate and learn English to be inclusive in this nation. You don’t come here and bring you nation with you. That’s what’s wrong with this country now. All of the immigrants and minorities want to make a nation within a nation.
I withheld comment the first time you said it. F that all the way off. And then some...

When we came to this country, did we assimilate into the native culture? Did we learn their language? Adopt their religion?

There are immigrants that come to this country that are supposed to drop their Muslim/Jewish faith and convert on the spot? please...

What makes america great is that it is a melting pot of different people and cultures/languages/religions.

As long as youre cool with other religions being required to post their stuff as well...
Why, what religion is the Ten Commandments? I know we hear America was founded on Christian beliefs, but what does that have to do with the 10 commandments? Does the Louisiana law mandate the commandments are for a certain religion? Are the commandments just for say Jews or Christians or Muslims? I don’t get all religions being required to post their stuff, whatever that means to you? Where did the commandments come from? Who received the commandments? What religion was he? Is your religion requirement you want for a DEI initiative? Help me out here…

Reactions: Athens is Heaven

If there is one commonality that Christianity, Judaism and Islam have is The Ten Commandments. Islamists recognize The Ten Commandments. They are the principles upon which morality exists.

The Louisiana law is not saying they must post the book of Genesis or any other book, scripture or verse.

You liberals just love to turn something that would be a positive into something negative. Honor thy mother and father...love thy neighbor as thyself.....ooooooh....such scary and tragic words.

I withheld comment the first time you said it. F that all the way off. And then some...

When we came to this country, did we assimilate into the native culture? Did we learn their language? Adopt their religion?

There are immigrants that come to this country that are supposed to drop their Muslim/Jewish faith and convert on the spot? please...

What makes america great is that it is a melting pot of different people and cultures/languages/religions.
Did not say for anyone to drop their faith. We are all Americans , not native, African, Mexican or whatever. We need to get back to being that way. That’s what I’m trying to say. We need to all come together and be proud of our country again.

If there is one commonality that Christianity, Judaism and Islam have is The Ten Commandments. Islamists recognize The Ten Commandments. They are the principles upon which morality exists.

The Louisiana law is not saying they must post the book of Genesis or any other book, scripture or verse.

You liberals just love to turn something that would be a positive into something negative. Honor thy mother and father...love thy neighbor as thyself.....ooooooh....such scary and tragic words.
Islam does not recognize the Ten Commandments. The first Commandment, "you shall not have no other gods before me"

Islam worships a false, non-existent god Allah.

Islam does not recognize the Ten Commandments. The first Commandment, "you shall not have no other gods before me"

Do you also feel that Judaism is a false religion? They don't recognize Jesus as The Messiah.

The premise of my argument was that all of humanity benefits by the words of The Ten Commandments.....not just Christians. Therefore....why not have it in the schools? If we teach these lessons to kids early on, the world becomes a better place.

Do you also feel that Judaism is a false religion? They don't recognize Jesus as The Messiah.

The premise of my argument was that all of humanity benefits by the words of The Ten Commandments.....not just Christians. Therefore....why not have it in the schools? If we teach these lessons to kids early on, the world becomes a better place.
Because the actual word for word commandments themselves and the name “Ten Commandments” are uniquely JudeaChristian.

If you want to put some common theme / rules capturing the spirit of the commandments and put them in schools, I’m all for it. But call them the Louisiana Schools’ Core Values or something like that. Ultimately the concept of “be good to one another”’is captured in most religions.

Can’t scream bloody murder regarding restrictions of freedoms relating to Covid or government ramming their version of morality down our throats and then turn around and endorse government promoting a specific religion just because it is our religion. 🇺🇸

Because the actual word for word commandments themselves and the name “Ten Commandments” are uniquely JudeaChristian.

If you want to put some common theme / rules capturing the spirit of the commandments and put them in schools, I’m all for it. But call them the Louisiana Schools’ Core Values or something like that. Ultimately the concept of “be good to one another”’is captured in most religions.

Can’t scream bloody murder regarding restrictions of freedoms relating to Covid or government ramming their version of morality down our throats and then turn around and endorse government promoting a specific religion just because it is our religion. 🇺🇸
You people are just arguing to be arguing. The Ten Commandments is for all people. We need our children to have guidance like this. Also the pledge of allegiance should be in our schools also.

Reactions: ThreeDawgNight

I don't disagree that all humanity benefits from the Ten Commandments. But you did say Islam adheres by them which is not possible since they worship a false god. A god that does not exist. Judaism worships Yahweh, Jehovah, I Am, The God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob. So no Judaism is not a false religion.

The Ten Commandments is based on respect. The first 5 are respect for God. The second five are respect for others.

Can’t scream bloody murder regarding restrictions of freedoms relating to Covid or government ramming their version of morality down our throats and then turn around and endorse government promoting a specific religion just because it is our religion.
Sir, it is common knowledge that the receiver of the stone tablets, Moses, was of the Protestant faith. More specifically, as supported by scripture, he was a Southern Baptist. If that troubles you, you’re just gonna have to take it up with Jimmy Swaggart.

You people are just arguing to be arguing. The Ten Commandments is for all people. We need our children to have guidance like this. Also the pledge of allegiance should be in our schools also.
No it’s not. It’s for followers of the specific Judeo-Christian God. While you and Forrest believe that is the only god, and I respect and defend your right to believe that, many others chose other religious traditions, or none at all, and they have just as much of a right to their beliefs as you have to yours.

No it’s not. It’s for followers of the specific Judeo-Christian God. While you and Forrest believe that is the only god, and I respect and defend your right to believe that, many others chose other religious traditions, or none at all, and they have just as much of a right to their beliefs as you have to yours.
Yeah all the atheists and devil worshipers don’t agree with us I know that. To me when you are talking about God this is not a right’s issue. There is only one God, you either believe in him or you don’t. That’s the choice you have and that’s the only right you people have.

If humanity would at least follow 5-10, we would all be better off.
And if kids are allowed to believe they're the opposite sex, then I see no problem placing the commandments to form their own beliefs.

If humanity would at least follow 5-10, we would all be better off.
And if kids are allowed to believe they're the opposite sex, then I see no problem placing the commandments to form their own beliefs.
do it in private/charter schools all you want.

Keep it out of tax payer funded institutions.

People pay taxes that disagree with you. You are not the only one that pays taxes therefore we have a right to disagree. You libs aren’t the only ones that have rights.
So this only works for things you agree with?

Look im all about the 10 commandments and what they teach. 100% on board there.

I don't even have a problem with them being displayed in this case. It's REQUIRING that they be displayed. That crosses the line and is a slippery slope.

So this only works for things you agree with?

Look im all about the 10 commandments and what they teach. 100% on board there.

I don't even have a problem with them being displayed in this case. It's REQUIRING that they be displayed. That crosses the line and is a slippery slope.
I think the governor said it was voluntary. Not sure he said it someone volunteers so much money to have them put up in schools he would be for that.

Sir, it is common knowledge that the receiver of the stone tablets, Moses, was of the Protestant faith. More specifically, as supported by scripture, he was a Southern Baptist. If that troubles you, you’re just gonna have to take it up with Jimmy Swaggart.
Agreed. Plus @NASCAR Dawg told me he was the best American in the Bible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT