ADVERTISEMENT

Hurts @ Bama.....

dawgkc

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
Part 1
First question, what percentage chance do you give UGA to beat Bama this year based off whoever you assume Bama's qb will be when we play them?
Part 2
Whether Hurts wins the job or Tua starts the season but isn't that great for whatever reason or gets injured, what do think the percentage chance we beat them is if Hurts is their only QB when we play them?

Part 3
This kind of stems from parts one and two. Did you feel Tua was amazing against us as his stats indicated (numbers don't lie) or do you feel he is likely not going to produce to that level? Do you think Tua will actually be much better after another offseason and will produce at the same level or above?

I will answer my own questions. Part 1. I think we have a 49 percent chance of beating them. I give them the slightest advantage because there is something to expecting to win and Bama does but also has the proof they can do it. We have a slight mental hurdle to overcome imo. Part 2. I think if Hurts is the QB it almost washes out the mental hurdle because he personally will have his own mental hurdle to overcome after losing his freshmeb year after being so close then being pulled last year. I would give us a 60 percent chance to beat them also because I believe we could make them one dimendional again. Part 3 I think he is THAT good but with such a small sample size who knows. I also saw a qb that takes chances. When this goes well, he will get an attaboy but when he does a few dumb things AND he isn't bailed out, I think his coaches will go overboard to beat that carefree player out of him that gives him such a high ceiling. You could see a player that "becomes" inconsistent if he gets afraid to make mistakes. If he starts and knows that Hurts is the safe choice he may subconsciously try to be more like Hurts. When he played us he was mostly chasing the game but how will he do with leads and with a coach that prefers to play defense and not make mistakes above all else? He may be just fine but my gut says there will be some speed bumps.

1. 40%. Has less to do with QB and more to do with line of scrimmage.

2. 60%. Hurts is a 1 trick pony, but they will move the ball better on the ground this year than last.

3. Tua had a great second half, made a lot of great plays and benefitted from some luck as well.
Don’t believe he can be more effective than he was, and feel he can be much less effective.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT