ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg HVAC Question

bdawg13

National Champion
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2005
Quick question from a longtime lurker. Roughly 5 weeks ago, my AC unit started freezing up on the main floor. I called a company that had done work for me before. The tech came out and added 6 lbs. of R22 to that unit and 4 lbs. to the top floor unit. Cost me $1,500, but everything was working properly. A couple of weeks ago, I got home (Smyrna) from the Little League State tourney in Savannah and the main level unit started freezing up again. I’ve been contacting the company since it happened and they continue stringing me out. It’s gotten very warm in the house (mid 80’s), so my family isn’t thrilled with me right now. I feel like the company should make it right since it happened within 30 days. If I call someone else, it seems like I’m just throwing away the $ I paid to repair the main level unit. Any thoughts/ideas on what to do? It’s putting a strain on the upstairs unit and we’re all pretty miserable. My stubbornness may be getting the best of me. The unit is approximately 20 years old, so I know it’s about that time. However, I was hoping to get through the summer. Thanks for any advice!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.