ADVERTISEMENT

I choose to celebrate our July 4th holiday

Dawg 'n IT

War Daddy
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2002
Despite all the nonsense around the country, I saw some promising things recently.

I don't fly my USA flag all the time, but did put it up for Memorial Day and plan to leave it flying through Veterans Day before giving it a rest and likely flying a UGA flag for football season.

A house in my neighborhood flew a Pride flag all June. I thought it was interesting because a husband and wife own the house. I don't know if they have a child who prompted the decision or they just wanted to show that they are allies.

Anyway, I noticed on Friday that they replaced it with an American flag.

I love this because I don't have a problem with individuals who feel covered by the Pride movement, rather, I do have a problem with Americans who forsake their nationality for a movement that has nothing to do with their nationality. That goes for any identity politics that minimizes or even denounces being an American.

Plenty of my extremists friends have been going off about how July 4th isn't a legitimate holiday anymore ever since RvW was overturned. Yet several of these people are still participating in the cookout tradition this weekend. Kind of like non-believers who celebrate Christmas, except those people aren't so aggressive about trashing Christianity.

I also got to witness a homosexual wedding where several prayers were offered and calls for blessings were made during the ceremony. This was also moving to me because judgement is not ours and these people were Christian before they accepted their sexual preference. They didn't renounce their belief in God despite their lifestyle and the conflict that society perpetuates. They are who they are, feel what they feel, and believe what they believe without trying to appease any particular agenda.

Given that we are all sinners and God doesn't make mistakes, I trust in His plan and believe the best thing we can do as individuals is live in truth and love one another. You love who you love and true freedom means other people have no say. So it warms my heart to see people living their best life by not attacking or warring with others.

Living in a country that allows freedom of expression or such a union is what July 4th is all about. Think about that before trashing US Independence Day.

God bless you all and have a safe day no matter how you choose to live.

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Please don't forget to pursue happiness folks.

Despite all the nonsense around the country, I saw some promising things recently.

I don't fly my USA flag all the time, but did put it up for Memorial Day and plan to leave it flying through Veterans Day before giving it a rest and likely flying a UGA flag for football season.

A house in my neighborhood flew a Pride flag all June. I thought it was interesting because a husband and wife own the house. I don't know if they have a child who prompted the decision or they just wanted to show that they are allies.

I love this because I don't have a problem with individuals who feel covered by the Pride movement, rather, I do have a problem with Americans who forsake their nationality for a movement that has nothing to do with their nationality. That goes for any identity politics that minimizes or even denounces being an American.

Plenty of my extremists friends have been going off about how July 4th isn't a legitimate holiday anymore ever since RvW was overturned. Yet several of these people are still participating in the cookout tradition this weekend. Kind of like non-believers who celebrate Christmas, except those people aren't so aggressive about trashing Christianity.

I also got to witness a homosexual wedding where several prayers were offered and calls for blessings were made during the ceremony. This was also moving to me because judgement is not ours and these people were Christian before they accepted their sexual preference. They didn't renounce their belief in God despite their lifestyle and the conflict that society perpetuates. They are who they are, feel what they feel, and believe what they believe without trying to appease any particular agenda.

Given that we are all sinners and God doesn't make mistakes, I trust in His plan and believe the best thing we can do as individuals is live in truth and love one another. You love who you love and true freedom means other people have no say. So it warms my heart to see people living their best life by not attacking or warring with others.

Living in a country that allows freedom of expression or such a union is what July 4th is all about. Think about that before trashing US Independence Day.

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Please don't forget to pursue happiness folks.
Great post! Happy 4th!

Reactions: Dawg 'n IT

Your best post EVER !
Happy 4th to you and your family!

Reactions: Dawg 'n IT

why do they have to ever fly another flag other than that of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. It covers gays, lesbians, buttchuggers, trannies and others that simply live peacefully as God intended.

why not fly the American flag which represents us all. Why not pay homage to those that left their families to give them that right and never returned.

imagine leaving your family, your wife, your mom, your KIDS. Imagine walking out of your house and shutting the door behind you not knowing if you will return, imagine seeing your kids cry and not knowing if you will ever see them again. What will become of your house, your family your beloved children. Picture it now.

but you have your duty, your HONOR. Knowing you are risking everything. To make sure EVERYONE has a stable and free future. It’s all representing in ONE flag. It’s red, white and blue. Not a rainbow.

why not fly the R, W and B. The colors that stand for freedom and liberty today and covers their way of life. It also stood for the brave patriots that fired the shot heard round the world behind Buckmans tavern on Lexington Green. The shot that started a war for independence. Why not fly it for those brave gents that fired on the British in Concord at the Old North Bridge. Some never made it home, merely yards away. Some were buried by their kids and wives from a tyrannical king thousands of miles away.

why not fly it for the Brave men that rushed the beaches in the Pcific theater in WW2. The ones that died in Pearl Harbor, the men that rushed the dug in Japanese on the island of Peleliu (not not many here know of it, look it up). Knowing you were surely dead and only to grab control of an obscure airfield. Look at the casualties of Iwo Jima. Remember the sacrifices our predecessors underwent in Khe Sanh in Vietnam. How about our soldiers laying in a bomb hole in Iraq, avoiding incoming fire to Bush could avenge his daddy. I know I fail in expressing the amount of suffering and loss Americans cans have experienced. Something we have been thankfully isolated from for a long time.

but why not honor the flag that represents us all? For the men fallen and the rights they fought for and secured despite what intent our government has had.

why do we need a separate flag. Is a gay person’s suffering worse than that of a dying soldier, lying on the beach of Normandy, remembering his 3 yr old and lamenting the fact they will not be reunited in this life.

so go ahead and pay homage to that rainbow flag, that Antifa flag, that BLM flag, whatever flag. Why not fly the red white and blue, it includes them too. Why are they so special that they must be treated as a special entity regardless of whatever special designation of month it is.

my R, W and B flag flies every month, every day and it includes all that live here. Why should that not be good enough for all who live here under her protections , purchased at such a dear price.

My God at how fast we forget.

It’s pretty much always been this way, Mack. Live and let live. At least that’s how about 80% of us carry ourselves.

why do they have to ever fly another flag other than that of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. It covers gays, lesbians, buttchuggers, trannies and others that simply live peacefully as God intended.

why not fly the American flag which represents us all. Why not pay homage to those that left their families to give them that right and never returned.

imagine leaving your family, your wife, your mom, your KIDS. Imagine walking out of your house and shutting the door behind you not knowing if you will return, imagine seeing your kids cry and not knowing if you will ever see them again. What will become of your house, your family your beloved children. Picture it now.

but you have your duty, your HONOR. Knowing you are risking everything. To make sure EVERYONE has a stable and free future. It’s all representing in ONE flag. It’s red, white and blue. Not a rainbow.

why not fly the R, W and B. The colors that stand for freedom and liberty today and covers their way of life. It also stood for the brave patriots that fired the shot heard round the world behind Buckmans tavern on Lexington Green. The shot that started a war for independence. Why not fly it for those brave gents that fired on the British in Concord at the Old North Bridge. Some never made it home, merely yards away. Some were buried by their kids and wives from a tyrannical king thousands of miles away.

why not fly it for the Brave men that rushed the beaches in the Pcific theater in WW2. The ones that died in Pearl Harbor, the men that rushed the dug in Japanese on the island of Peleliu (not not many here know of it, look it up). Knowing you were surely dead and only to grab control of an obscure airfield. Look at the casualties of Iwo Jima. Remember the sacrifices our predecessors underwent in Khe Sanh in Vietnam. How about our soldiers laying in a bomb hole in Iraq, avoiding incoming fire to Bush could avenge his daddy. I know I fail in expressing the amount of suffering and loss Americans cans have experienced. Something we have been thankfully isolated from for a long time.

but why not honor the flag that represents us all? For the men fallen and the rights they fought for and secured despite what intent our government has had.

why do we need a separate flag. Is a gay person’s suffering worse than that of a dying soldier, lying on the beach of Normandy, remembering his 3 yr old and lamenting the fact they will not be reunited in this life.

so go ahead and pay homage to that rainbow flag, that Antifa flag, that BLM flag, whatever flag. Why not fly the red white and blue, it includes them too. Why are they so special that they must be treated as a special entity regardless of whatever special designation of month it is.

my R, W and B flag flies every month, every day and it includes all that live here. Why should that not be good enough for all who live here under her protections , purchased at such a dear price.

My God at how fast we forget.
1. There's no obligation for any US citizen to fly the American flag at all times.

2. There is a flag code for proper display of the American flag when flown including with other flags.

3. People can fly whatever flag they want at their house. I see several houses flying Confederate flags and the old Georgia flag without flying the US flag. Plenty of other houses fly sport team flags which is as much a declared affiliation as Pride, Back the Blue, or BLM.

The point of my post was that those people didn't fly the Pride flag as a replacement of the American flag. They absolutely claim their nationality by virtue of flying the American flag in recognition of the nation's birthday. They aren't hiding it or shaming it like a lot of extremists are doing.

you can believe what you want to believe. I don't care what individuals do in their bedroom, that is their choice. However, sin is sin and homosexuality is a sin. There are numerous Bible passages that condemn the homosexual lifestyle. I am not judging, Gods word is judging. If you are unfamiliar and want to know what the Bible has to say I will provide you with quotes via direct message. But, I suspect you wont be interested as most people, as with the abortion issue would rather be all touchy feely with feelings and sweet talk instead of condemning sin. I hope all come to repentance. I don't hate anyone. I do hate what a lot of people stand for though. The problem is the govt and he left are trying to force this perversion to be accepted as normal. It is not. The gov. should not be able to force the indoctrination of children in this perverted and sinful lifestyle.

Just to point out the danger of saying one is born how they are born and we should honor them... Lets look at a few other sins that we as humans struggle with.
1. alcoholism should be have a month and celebrate alcoholism. Many people are born with a pre disposition for this illness. Should we just say hay go get drunk, here let me buy you a drink.
2. child molesters/pedophiles,,, another area that some seem to have no control over. Do you suggest that we accept this sin as normal just because some have this desire? I don't think so.
3. Sex addict/adulterer someone that really struggles with being faithful to a spouse, is this ok?

The list can get long. I think you are being caught up in feelings and emotion of an issue rather than looking at facts. Again, I am not saying take homosexuals out and burn them at the stack. If they are going to choose to live that life style, just do it without throwing in everyone's face. Demanding that they be accepted as normal and that we teach our children something contrary to Gods will.

1. There's no obligation for any US citizen to fly the American flag at all times.

2. There is a flag code for proper display of the American flag when flown including with other flags.

3. People can fly whatever flag they want at their house. I see several houses flying Confederate flags and the old Georgia flag without flying the US flag. Plenty of other houses fly sport team flags which is as much a declared affiliation as Pride, Back the Blue, or BLM.

The point of my post was that those people didn't fly the Pride flag as a replacement of the American flag. They absolutely claim their nationality by virtue of flying the American flag in recognition of the nation's birthday. They aren't hiding it or shaming it like a lot of extremists are doing.

1. I know
2.I know. As a member of the SAR, we hand out certificates around communities to those who fly the US flag correctly.

what’s the code for a rainbow flag? Oh yeah.

3. Again, I know. But is because of the sacrifices of all that stood for the ONE flag. And it has 3 colors, not 15. A rainbow flag would not exist if not for the American flag. They can fly their flag, indicating their SEXUAL PREFERENCE under an American flag.

I guess they just want unity on their terms.

here we are on July 4th and people are talking about a rainbow flag. People have no idea what has been sacrificed by others for their sake.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT